New parents...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Please stop naming your kids things like "stryder" and "syris" and "Niabi".

This is getting ridiculous. When I hear you yell at you kids from across the pool with a name like that, it just sounds abusive.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Niabi is cool.

Cyrus maybe.

Stryder = oof

Cool/Wierd names have become so in vogue its like tattoos. A kid named John is actually the alternative.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Stryder was the one that set off this thread.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Here in Holland there are some amazing choices being made by new parents.

My wifes friends sister called her son Scato.

really.

Theres a kid in my kids class called Puma.

Met a 6 month old called Sade a few weeks back with a brother, Rafinelli.

theres a little white trash Ashanti as well.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

children named Hunter and Ryder

• batmon said:
    Cool/Wierd names have become so in vogue its like tattoos. A kid named John is actually the alternative.

People that say corny shit like this far outnumber people with tattoos.

hogginthefogg said:
    batmon said:

People that say corny shit like this far outnumber people with tattoos.

I'd rather be corny than have a tattoo.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I assume people have seen this old chestnut

http://poplicks.com/2008/02/best-georgian-name-contest-results.html

"Fartreze D'Angelic"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i hatt on this on the regular
    its retarted
    please keep originality to your tshirts and diet
    dont inflict it on some kid

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    little white trash Ashanti
    !!!!!!!!

• last year while coaching a grade 7 basketball team, i had to kick a kid named Raekwon out of the number one PG spot becaushe of his classroom attitude. needless to say it was a conflict of interest.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Don't like these names, don't give them to your kids. Otherwise, STFU.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My son has so many kids with names that begin with C in his class.

Cody, Cole, Caelib, Colin, ???

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    It's too bad that my list of back to school names was lost from two years ago. Shit was off the chain.

Back to school names thread

• mannybolone said:

This.

• funky16corners said:
    mannybolone said:

This.

apparently, delete your account too. and contact your Internet provider about suspending your service. discourse is firmly discouraged here.

• vintageinfants said:
    funky16corners said:
    mannybolone said:

This.

apparently, delete your account too. and contact your Internet provider about suspending your service. discourse is firmly discouraged here.

You have a funny idea of 'discourse'...

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    AGAMEMNON

jaymack said:

children named Hunter and Ryder

This should becaome the new FIRE gramelin. K-Fed was interesting for like haff a minute

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    What's the take on ethnic names which, while common in the motherland, sound crazy and exotic to Americans who don't want to make the effort to pronounce them properly?

Almond said:
    What's the take on ethnic names which, while common in the motherland, sound crazy and exotic to Americans who don't want to make the effort to pronounce them properly?

Define ETHNIC?

batmon said:
    Almond said:

Define ETHNIC?

I used the word "ethnic" very loosely. I think all the following names sound nice when pronounced correctly, but they are often butchered.

Huyen
    Tugba
    Ngoc
    Gagandeep
    Hae-in
    Bihter
    Esen
    Manmohan

• Options
    I love your name.

I'm sorry for such messy speech and I will pronounce it right.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    for the record... was talking about white kids from suburban usa. i think jaymack understands what i meant. his examples were spot on.

for those that seem offended that someone else would have an opinion of what NOT to name an offspring, I'd probably lighten up. I mean, this kid is going to be judged by his or her name for their entire life, and if i think its bad, theirs a good chance their potential, bosses, teachers, and significant others will as well.

• Jessup

• Options
    I used to think kinda like that, and I am very sorry I ever did.

There is no reason that if you think that someone's name is bad that anyone else will. Furthermore, if you and your friends think someone's name is bad that doesn't mean that the next person will think that, too. It is random.

One person might not like somebody who somebody else loves and is devoted to.

Possum Tom said:
    for the record... was talking about white kids from suburban usa. i think jaymack understands what i meant. his examples were spot on.

for those that seem offended that someone else would have an opinion of what NOT to name an offspring, I'd probably lighten up. I mean, this kid is going to be judged by his or her name for their entire life, and if i think its bad, theirs a good chance their potential, bosses, teachers, and significant others will as well.

I know, I just went off on a tangent.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    lilmonstu said:
    I used to think kinda like that, and I am very sorry I ever did.

There is no reason that if you think that someone's name is bad that anyone else will. Furthermore, if you and your friends think someone's name is bad that doesn't mean that the next person will think that, too. It is random.

You're a strange dude.