edited October 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• This has been ruling for me recently:

Quadro Negro by deejaymario

Cop it here.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

+

• Rockadelic said:

ah, i love that los papines joint - haven't seen/heard it in a long time.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• I kind of had a heavy hangover this morning after a night at Good Records, but made it to the flea anyway. Glad I went, the record Gods smiled at me. Found a nice sign too.

Thanks to Rockadelic who put me up on Faine Jade a few years ago.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Now that the weekend digs are over I'll post some pics.

First one is trade from Flashback and MVE.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Un Peu De Soleil Dans L'Eau Froide - Reasonably hard to find French soundtrack with one great funky jerk track.

Andre Phillips - Les Eklektics - Again one great track

Dave Pike - Riff for Rent - Funky Euro Goodness (US press)

Knud Jorgensen - Beat on Hammond - Seen this Swedish LP loads of times on Ebay so took a punt as it was cheap!

Finally managed to get the PE Hewitt Box Set.

Rest were from today's fair. All ??2-??4 except for one!

Ray Baretto - Acid - French reissue

Salsoul Explosion

Lee Holdridge - Nights in White Satin

Honey Cone - Sweet Replies

Living Jazz - Hot Buttered & Soul

Heaven Brass Rock - Been after one of thee for ages, now to listen to see if it was worth the wait!

Bram Stoker - Heavy Rock Spectacular

Madeline Bell - This is One Girl

Laura Nyro & Labelle

JJ Perry - Moog Indigo

The New Birth Disco

John Murtaugh - Blues Current

Lee Dorsey - Yes We Can

Salena Jones - Everybod'y Talkin'

Ricardo Marrero - Time ??20 for a Venezuelean copy of this latin funk classic. Cheers MCG!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• minimini 879 Posts

• Some Dallas finds this weekend:

Duke Pearson- The Phantom
    Tyrone Washington- Natural Essence (The_Hook_Up recommended, thanks!)
    Serge Chaloff- Boston Blow-up!
    Rollercoaster- OST
    The Golden Voyage by Robert Bearns (for the cover alone)

• From the local record show. Sorry, not my pics.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

The small one was in the above cover. And it starts out with a funky ass break.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

The Wichita Train Whistle "...Sings" (Dot)
    Ernie Scott Trio "...In Concert" (Media IV): Private jazz trio LP from N.J. Standout track is "Souled Out", which is a 7 minute track on that "Watermelon Man" meets "Nubian Lady" thing.
    Wayne Shorter ft. Milton Nascimento "Native Dancer" (Columbia): From '75. Other than the cover of "Joanna's Theme" (from the Death Wish soundtrack) and the song before it, this is a smooth jazz turd.
    Van Morrison "Astral Weeks" (WB)...Kala disapproved!
    Ultimate Spinach S/T (MGM)
    Montreux-Detroit International Jazz Festival '80 (CSP/CBS): Produced by the Stroh Brewery Company. Tracks are various Festival performances during the 70s. Lyman Woodard and Larry Nozero start each side.
    Ryo Kawasaki "Juice" (RCA)
    Realistic: A Sound Odyssey: Covers of "2001", "SWAT", etcetc. on red vinyl
    The Ventures "Super Psychedelics" (Liberty)...Only kind of "super" and slightly "psychedelic". I like it though.
    Small Faces "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake": Charley records 2nd issue from '75.
    Kyle "Times That Try A Man's Soul" (Paramount): Singer-songwriter lite-rock with good production. Love that car parked in front of the California Office of (Un)Employment
    Lee Richard "Songs Of The South" / Toby Pollock "Songs Of The Prison" (Dell Monica Records): For the Waxidermy crowd...Obscure, split LP of loner/outsider country folk from Santa Monica, CA. Depressing songs include one about a wandering dog who gets killed and then is honored by its trucker friends ("Dog Named Whitey"), an Indian who gets killed seeking revenge for his father's murder ("Bo Lightning"), a tornado that kills 400 in a small town and the following rebuilding project ("Greenwood Tornado")...out there.
    Evolution comp from Luv N' Height: For $3, I couldn't go wrong.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    recent selection incl. new stuff, a show (woots!), a flea and e-world.

sorry for the cruddy photo - first time posting.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    Some Dallas finds this weekend:

Tyrone Washington- Natural Essence

Curious where you went? Buncha Half Prices? Fo Yung? Bills? I was in Houston.

• high_c said:
    InnerSpace said:
    Some Dallas finds this weekend:

Tyrone Washington- Natural Essence

Curious where you went? Buncha Half Prices? Fo Yung? Bills? I was in Houston.

The other finds were at bill's In dallas and these blue notes were at Doc's in fort worth.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    I kind of had a heavy hangover this morning after a night at Good Records, but made it to the flea anyway. Glad I went, the record Gods smiled at me. Found a nice sign too.

Thanks to Rockadelic who put me up on Faine Jade a few years ago.

I hope you would have bought the Faine Jade even if you didn't know it on the srenght of the cover!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    gordon_gartrell said:
    From the local record show. Sorry, not my pics.

Damn! Pricy??

• some keepers since my last post, not all from this month but 95% of the 45s is from october

• catalist said:
    gordon_gartrell said:
    From the local record show. Sorry, not my pics.

Damn! Pricy??

Not too bad. I paid a decent price.

• Just spent 2 and a half weeks in the US and pulled 25000 records (12000 lbs of freight on 8 pallets coming to Oz). I am totally exhausted as it was hot, dusty and heavy work.

some of the rares included

Gold label

lots more

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    DJ_WubWub said:
    Just spent 2 and a half weeks in the US and pulled 25000 records (12000 lbs of freight on 8 pallets coming to Oz). I am totally exhausted as it was hot, dusty and heavy work.

WOW... dude, thats some serious record shopping :O

Breez said:

yo, grabbed this album a few times on various melodiya pressings, never found that small all black plate inside, almost looks flexi, are u sure its related, any label on it at all ?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    One of my white whales. Finally.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    Breez said:

yo, grabbed this album a few times on various melodiya pressings, never found that small all black plate inside, almost looks flexi, are u sure its related, any label on it at all ?

I'm not sure. It has some Russian (I think) writing on the dead wax area but other than that there's nothing on it. No label what so ever. The singer on it sounds like her but then again I can't really tell.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Two from this afternoon.

Both long time wants... West Coast Revival is a little beat up, but worth the $20 IMO

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Sorry for the shitty pics. My daughter dropped my camera, so now I gotta use the BlackBerry.

upskiboo said:

just wanted to post a little bit of audio too, been blasting this jam for a minute, think of it what you will, imo totally ridiculously awesome!!!

Derdiyoklar-trk-1 by upskiboo