Octoberfinds

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    upskiboo said:

its too bad they dont have mouths or we could ask them what the hell they were thinking.

also sick finds and in particular that graham bond, wow

• upskiboo said:
    upskiboo said:

just wanted to post a little bit of audio too, been blasting this jam for a minute, think of it what you will, imo totally ridiculously awesome!!!

Derdiyoklar-trk-1 by upskiboo

I meant to ask about that the minute I saw it. Triple electric saz/guitar/ukulele-combination with band-name is :necessary:

Do you like that Vanessa-record? I let mine go during the Haiti auctions.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Breez said:
    upskiboo said:
    Breez said:

The small one was in the above cover. And it starts out with a funky ass break.

yo, grabbed this album a few times on various melodiya pressings, never found that small all black plate inside, almost looks flexi, are u sure its related, any label on it at all ?

I'm not sure. It has some Russian (I think) writing on the dead wax area but other than that there's nothing on it. No label what so ever. The singer on it sounds like her but then again I can't really tell.

there is supposedly ways to deal with the hard to decipher russian lettering, online translation, where you get the keypad to match, plug in these letters, and bingo!!! havent tried it myself yet, but it should be helpful to strutters with undecipherable melodiya records in their collections..

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Cosmophonic said:
    upskiboo said:
    upskiboo said:

just wanted to post a little bit of audio too, been blasting this jam for a minute, think of it what you will, imo totally ridiculously awesome!!!

Derdiyoklar-trk-1 by upskiboo

I meant to ask about that the minute I saw it. Triple electric saz/guitar/ukulele-combination with band-name is :necessary:

Do you like that Vanessa-record? I let mine go during the Haiti auctions.

the derdiyoklar came with a trade, a small stack of turkish records, that whole album kicks ass, similar style to the track i posted, combination of folk-psych loopy saz riffs with a slowed down sorta funk disco-ish type groove, cant make out if this is a orig press though, since its on the Turkula label but outta Germany (?)
    the vanessa joint is maad, shapeshifting stomping norwegian prog fusion.. tend to always like stuff on that label!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Breez said:
    Sorry for the shitty pics. My daughter dropped my camera, so now I gotta use the BlackBerry.

Free Beer should be free w/beer because it's so terrible.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    This weekends finds:

First lot were shop trades from yesterday

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Picked up a couple of books too:

Finds from today's record fair:

The Themes is sound of Soul for 50p! Anyone have a spare cover knocking around??

Some 45's

Any info on this next one?

Version of Drowning in the Sea of Love is amazing!

This one was in a dealers 50p box!

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Just Popsiked the Pearly Queen 45!!!!!!

Surely this can't be right!!

http://www.popsike.com/PEARLY-QUEENQUIT-JIVE-INSOUND-TRIANGLEMiami-Funk/280487613911.html

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    llmod1 said:
    Just Popsiked the Pearly Queen 45!!!!!!

Surely this can't be right!!

http://www.popsike.com/PEARLY-QUEENQUIT-JIVE-INSOUND-TRIANGLEMiami-Funk/280487613911.html
    It's definitely a $1000+ 45 from what I've seen. Great find, man.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Sound of Soul and Pearly Queen?! Great finds dude!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    llmod1 said:

That's about 35 cents... and has to be Dig Of The Year, if true?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Big score on the Pearly Queen. I watched one nearly hit the 1900.00 mark this past spring.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Some cheap ones here and there from Record Surplus and Beatswapmeet today. Very nice turnout of dealers and buyers! Probably the best yet. Disappointed with the Vi Redd. Didn't know it was straight vocal jazz. Couple nice tracks off that Mancini and Fox, as well as that ECM record.

• trades. thanks A****

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

for

=

:cheese:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    some of the 45's I brought back from a trip to NYC this weekend:

• Very happy with this one:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Came back from my honeymoon in Ecuador
    gracias al homie musica for the comprehensive tips
    every spot had its own twist

Highlights:
    Afrosound on a wall of terrible repeated hermanonly private pressings
    Clean Areito pressings in a pile of Rey Conniff y sus Chuderos
    And a greatly priced boutiquadega
    bonus descarga
    my wife spotting a suciastack in an openair market

cuarenta y cincos

feliz de encontrar a los mirlos y su danza
    got doubles of juan pachanga and negrito bembon (btw i saw awful blakfacepromociones)
    the flip tu amayas is one of my favorite classic salsa tracks lloraras nice to hear another version
    the peruvian fania press was a surprise great horn on the track whose lyrics bite lavoe

colombias proximity makes quito una fuente de Fuentes

finalmente

llmod1 said:
    This weekends finds:

Any info on this next one?

i know that song from one of those 'rare soul' import comp LPs from about 5-8 years ago, no recollection of which one. its a cool song! infectious drumming on the choruses. but no idea on the backstory sorry.

llmod1 said:

if ever a find's title was appropriate.... just quit on jivin' man! haha!!! but seriously congrats, find of the year?... or #2 anyway, just remembered Rocks' dual EoUs...)

• leonleon 883 Posts
    The vinyl gods have been good to me this month...

All field finds except the Horace Silver one.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    pcmr said:
    Came back from my honeymoon in Ecuador
    gracias al homie musica for the comprehensive tips
    every spot had its own twist

Highlights:
    Afrosound on a wall of terrible repeated hermanonly private pressings
    Clean Areito pressings in a pile of Rey Conniff y sus Chuderos
    And a greatly priced boutiquadega
    bonus descarga
    my wife spotting a suciastack in an openair market

cuarenta y cincos

feliz de encontrar a los mirlos y su danza
    got doubles of juan pachanga and negrito bembon (btw i saw awful blakfacepromociones)
    the flip tu amayas is one of my favorite classic salsa tracks lloraras nice to hear another version
    the peruvian fania press was a surprise great horn on the track whose lyrics bite lavoe

colombias proximity makes quito una fuente de Fuentes

finalmente

Nice scores, man!

What is La Detonante? A comp?

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Gotta say... folks are killin it with the October finds.

Woimsah said:

for

=

:cheese:

btw -- anyone have audio on this? need an mp3, si posible.

leon said:

your whole post is super nice, but i got to say, OG "on the rocks" just dont turn up, congrats! somehow always big $ on the bay, never in the field at any price.

• SoulOnIce said:
    some of the 45's I brought back from a trip to NYC this weekend:

good work on the Ricky Williams, i have been after that one for a while

these are actually from last week and the week before but i just now have had a chance to process the pix.

whole box from original owner. these are all sealed and/or unplayed. Oddly the one NTSU Lab record i already had (the grey '71 one), was not in an otherwise apparently(???) complete '67-'75(?) set.

AND THE GRAILS :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

could you pass up a sealed one? be honest now. heh heh

• leonleon 883 Posts
    karlophone said:
    leon said:

your whole post is super nice, but i got to say, OG "on the rocks" just dont turn up, congrats! somehow always big $ on the bay, never in the field at any price.

I found it for 75 in a small town, which is a good price i think! Dude knew he had something but was not sure about it?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    karlophone said:
    these are actually from last week and the week before but i just now have had a chance to process the pix.

damn, crazy haul!

It's odd -- I feel like only in the past year have people been regularly posting stuff they've been finding (from across the country) that many of happen to be in the $200+ range.

Perhaps those finding such records 2+ years ago weren't taking pictures and posting?

But a Philip Cohran isn't something you just come across. Nor are many of the finds that have been popping up in here.

Bottom line though, mazel to all.

Woimsah said:
    It's odd -- I feel like only in the past year have people been regularly posting stuff they've been finding (from across the country) that many of happen to be in the $200+ range.

Perhaps those finding such records 2+ years ago weren't taking pictures and posting?

But a Philip Cohran isn't something you just come across. Nor are many of the finds that have been popping up in here.

i dunno. i can only speak personally, 75+% of my finds are due to several old school friends who do a ton of house clean outs and estate sales, they get me in to look at the records, old books, toys and comics before its gets sorted for sale. ive known them for so long and have done them all numerous solids over the years so theyd rather i get first crack. i have been happily at their mercy for years now. sometimes it sucks but when its good its great. When something like the Cohran pops up i can only imagine it came from an original owner who had real good taste.

karlophone said:
    Woimsah said:

i dunno. i can only speak personally, 75+% of my finds are due to several old school friends who do a ton of house clean outs and estate sales, they get me in to look at the records, old books, toys and comics before its gets sorted for sale. ive known them for so long and have done them all numerous solids over the years so theyd rather i get first crack. i have been happily at their mercy for years now. sometimes it sucks but when its good its great. When something like the Cohran pops up i can only imagine it came from an original owner who had real good taste.

Oh I didn't mean that there was anything suspicious about these finds, I meant it more like "props! that's certainly something that doesn't happen everyday!"