Istanbul Strut!

Sweet_PremiumSweet_Premium 368 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. Couldn't find anything in the City guide. Any strutters from Istanbul? Maybe you could help me out..

I'm going to Istanbul in the beginning of october. I'm planning on staying for maybe two months.

I would like some recommendations for cheap but good hostels or apartments for short-term rent, restaurants, record shops and caf??s!

J

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I had a Turkish roommate once, so it was like having a little piece of Istanbul in my home, but I've never been. Two months??!!

This blog has prob been on the Strut before: http://www.dustandgrooves.com/2009/09/some-turkish-psych-flavor.html

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    Almond said:

This blog has prob been on the Strut before: http://www.dustandgrooves.com/2009/09/some-turkish-psych-flavor.html

this one was amazing. i was there with a friend for maybe half a day while only the mother was working there, she offered us tea and some hidden 7" boxes. at the end she called her daughter for the prices...

• I'm in Ankara right now, but I visit Istanbul from time to time. Maybe I can get some info for you. What price range were you looking at? When do you plan to arrive?

Just to let you know, there are a lot of little places that happen to sell records, but finding real record stores is hard. Even Bengi's shop (it's pronounced with a hard G, not a J) - which is cool - is tiny. It's a must-visit spot in Istanbul, though. She and her mother are super cool.

By the way, what will you be doing in Istanbul?

• I'm planning on arriving in mid-october. Not sure how long I'm going to stay, but it fits me it could be up to two months. I'm studying an internet-based course and are able to stay pretty much wherever I want + I've got some free lance work for swedish papers that I'm planning to do.

Do you live in Ankara permanently?

Thanks everyone for the tips!