Need some tips from NYC Strutters

Funky_McVayFunky_McVay 121 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I'm going to NY this Fri.-Wed. and would like to hit up some diggin spots. I don't how much time I'll have to dig, I'm visiting some old friends who may not be down for hours of record hunting. I mainly collect jazz LP's. Also, I'm a cheap ass by financial condition, but I'll spend on a raer that must be owned.This in mind, can folks from NYC recommend say the top 5 spots I need to check out?Thanks in advance. FM

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Loc: Bucktown

• Loc: Bucktown

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Loc: Bucktown

bucktown=NYC.

• Loc: Bucktown

bucktown=NYC.

I see. Not intended that way...

• Also, I'm a cheap ass by financial condition, but I'll spend on a raer that must be owned.

I was gonna say "GOOD RECORDS NYC" but they grab people at the store, turn 'em upside down, and shake all thur money out to see if you've been involved in any recent money explosions.

FILE UNDER:

BIG DUDE PARKING ONLY (AYYYYY YOOOOO!)

• We have lots of good jazz records that don't get stocked at other spots because they're not funky.

I just got a few really nice prestige titles today, and several blue notes over the weekend. Plus a couple of rare ass free pieces that are marked way down because of cover issues. All of this is going out over the next few days.

Impulse and shit

Come on down and holler at us, we're in the neighborhood with all the other big shops including A-1, TSL, Academy, and Gimme Gimme so you can make the full swing.

I can also give you the low down on a couple other nice jazz shops, whose addresses escape me at the moment

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I was gonna say "GOOD RECORDS NYC" but they grab people at the store, turn 'em upside down, and shake all thur money out to see if you've been involved in any recent money explosions.

Meanwhile on the other side of the river.... I got a couple of crates of cheapies. You will leave with records! look out for a PM

• We have lots of good jazz records that don't get stocked at other spots because they're not funky.

I just got a few really nice prestige titles today, and several blue notes over the weekend. Plus a couple of rare ass free pieces that are marked way down because of cover issues. All of this is going out over the next few days.

Impulse and shit

Come on down and holler at us, we're in the neighborhood with all the other big shops including A-1, TSL, Academy, and Gimme Gimme so you can make the full swing.

I can also give you the low down on a couple other nice jazz shops, whose addresses escape me at the moment

JP, thanks for the tip. I'll make it by as soon as I get the chance.