Blog Here

13»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Oysters, every country claims the best, i grew up on NZ bluff oysters, our 'worlds best' argument is based on the pristine quality of the south pacific waters, but i have also tried almost every variety available here in Holland including all the French ones that have numbers that i dont understand, they seemed ok. Had dinner at a 3 michelin star restaurant a couple months back (Sergio Herman's Oud Sluis) and had a Zeeuwse oyster which was fucking amazing but i tell ya, none of them beat the ones me and my mates would pry off the rocks as kids and gobble down greedily as the waves lapped at our feet.

Yep!

For me, no crawfish ever tasted as good as those we used to yank from the ditch behind my house in NOLA.

On a similar note, good friend of mine recently brought home a bunch of yellowfin, mackarel, and the shark below from a fishing trip out of Port Aransas. He doesn't really know how to cook fish all that well, so I've been doing the honors. Unfortunately, he moved all the shark meat to a freezer in his garage and somehow the power to his garage went out and all that shark meat quickly spoiled in the 100+ degree heat. The smell was unbearable. But moreso than that, what a waste!

• Options
    Dang!!! Catch of the day right there.

Reminds me of the Wahoo I caught in the Cayman Island while my sister was tripping. She laughed the whole time I was reelin' it in and then started to cry when she realized that the reason I was struggling was because what was on the other end of the line was NO Bluegill. (Bless her heart!) That was a great time!