Blog Here

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Haha, James, you just wrote a freaking novel, mayne!

• It's September 14th and I'm helping this kid promote his song.

My birthday is on the equinox. Everything is in alignment.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Okay i had a good day yesterday.
    The sun was shinning. I rode my bike to work. Finally recovered my lost two years of superannuation from my dead beat boss. Pre-recorded my the third installment of my new radio show and finally asked this cute girl out on a date.
    Its raining today but you can't win them all.

• kicks79 said:
    Okay i had a good day yesterday.
    The sun was shinning. I rode my bike to work. Finally recovered my lost two years of superannuation from my dead beat boss. Pre-recorded my the third installment of my new radio show and finally asked this cute girl out on a date.
    Its raining today but you can't win them all.

congrats dude. that touches on all the good things.

street_muzik said:
    It's September 14th and I'm helping this kid promote his song.

What's the sample with the female singer at the beginning?

Chris Martin is the name of the guy from Coldplay.

I have never seen a raccoon in my life. Only on TV and in cartoons. But my neighbors spotted 3 (3!) hanging out on the sidewalk after they came out of a curbside water drain hole. In the daytime! They were looking around, scoping out the lay of the land.

I'm not too worried, but if they're rabid, then I fear for the little barefoot kids who run around my neighborhood.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Spent the past several days out on Ocracoke, hangin' with pops. He had found the fly rod I used to use back in my teenage years, and because it was a pack rod (split into four pieces, not two), I was able to throw it in my luggage and bring it back to Cali. I haven't cast a fly since, well, my teenage years, but I'm thinking I should start again. Just need to get a reel, some pre-tied flies, and a little practice, and then it'll be fresh trout galore.

One of these days, I'm going to realize my longtime dream of flying first-class. Related to flying: As I was flying home yesterday, "Here Come the Girls" came up on my iPod, and I damn near busted out some vocals right there on the plane. "Here come the girrrrrIIRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLS!" It's kinda hard to deny the spirit when it gets in ya like that, but for the sake of everybody else on board, I managed to stifle the urge.

Got a fresh Wusthof Santoku knife coming my way. I'm excited to be able to properly cut things instead of shredding them/hacking at them, as happens with my current crappy knives.

• Almond said:

Ronald Isley?

DJ Premier's real name is Chris Martin, too.

• hertzhog said:
    Almond said:

Ronald Isley?

DJ Premier's real name is Chris Martin, too.

Play of Kid N Play is named Chris Martin, too. haha!

• street_muzik said:
    It's September 14th and I'm helping this kid promote his song.

co-sign on this guy.

you produced this one too, right? very dope.

• street_muzik said:

co-sign on this guy.

Yeah, good looks.

willie_fugal said:
    street_muzik said:

co-sign on this guy.

Yeah, good looks.

Reminds me of a Kanye beat; not Chris' voice, but the music.

• all cohabitated now and dining and media rooms are done. our living room is coming together slowly (need to get a real tv stand), but i'm super excited about it after putting up wallpaper

• Reminds me of a Kanye beat; not Chris??? voice, but the music.

Ahaha thanks. It's not intentional, though. We just come from a similar school of hip-hop. I was a fan of No ID back in the day. :beerbang:

All done in true edith head style! Looks like a cozy space. Feeling the rug. The arm of the couch catches my eye.

street_muzik said:
    Reminds me of a Kanye beat; not Chris??? voice, but the music.

Ahaha thanks. It's not intentional, though. We just come from a similar school of hip-hop. I was a fan of No ID back in the day. :beerbang:

No ID?

• edith head said:
    all cohabitated now and dining and media rooms are done. our living room is coming together slowly (need to get a real tv stand), but i'm super excited about it after putting up wallpaper

holy fuck that wallpaper is awesome, whered you find that?

• smoking_robot said:

thanks! i love it. it's hard to tell from this picture, but the damask pattern is textured and is raised to the touch. we lucked out and found a perforated velveteen sofa on craigslist that matched the turquoise exactly.

graham and brown makes it but i found rolls on amazon for $10 cheaper per roll with free shipping and no sales tax
    http://www.grahambrown.com/us/shop-wallpaper

it's water-soluble too, so it's easy to remove if you want a change eventually.

• Almond said:
    street_muzik said:

No ID?

No I.D. also introduced Kanye West to hip hop production, inviting him to his sessions with Common when West was only beginning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_I.D.

• edith head said:
    smoking_robot said:

thanks! i love it. it's hard to tell from this picture, but the damask pattern is textured and is raised to the touch. we lucked out and found a velveteen sofa on craigslist that matched the turquoise exactly.

graham and brown makes it but i found rolls on amazon for $10 cheaper per roll with free shipping and no sales tax
    http://www.grahambrown.com/us/shop-wallpaper

it's water-soluble too, so it's easy to remove if you want a change eventually

• Almond said:

Reminds me of a Kanye beat; not Chris' voice, but the music.

If you remember Kanye's "We Major" with Nas then that first drum beat should actually be familar to you..

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    For all my Spotify-enabled Euromanses, I did a new Spotify playlist. Twenty five tunes, two hours or so;

Donald Byrd: Love Has Come Around
    Cheryl Lynn: You Saved My Day
    Gladys Knight & the Pips: It's A Better Than Good Time (Walter Gibbons acetate mix)
    Thelma Houston: I'm Here Again
    Shirley Brown: Move Me, Move Me
    The Emotions: Flowers
    Deodato: September 13
    Patrice Rushen: Music Of The Earth
    Marvin Gaye: Time To Get It Together
    Lamont Dozier: Fish Ain't Bitin'
    MFSB: Something For Nothing
    Seawind: He Loves You
    Cerrone: Music Of Life
    Leon Ware: Learning How To Love You
    Mandrill: Getting In The Mood
    The Isley Brothers: Here We Go Again (Pts 1 & 2)
    Prince: The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker
    Mtume: Ready For Your Love
    Gino Soccio: Try It Out
    Teddy Pendergrass: Set Me Free
    Sister Sledge: You Fooled Around
    Stevie Wonder: As If You Read My Mind
    Ronnie Laws: Good Feelings
    The Four Tops: Still Water (Peace)
    Bill Withers: Make A Smile For Me

• edith head said:

thanks! i love it. it's hard to tell from this picture, but the damask pattern is textured and is raised to the touch.

holy crap thats awesome.

and thanks for the info! im seriously going to look into locating something like this. and congrats on finding a couch to match too. im envious of the final product there.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

flip that over, doc!

• Pretty happy with this Little Dragon remix I just finished. Double post from the Music forum.

http://soundcloud.com/kaushikm/little-dragon-blinkingpigs-kaushik-m-lullaby

Little Dragon - BlinkingPigs - Kaushik M. Lullaby by Kaushik M.

• Our adopted French Bulldog is getting along great with our Boston Terrier...I think this is going to work out. We meet with the rescue folks Saturday...they told us we can "finalize" everything then , so I guess that means we have a new dog! Excited!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    unity said:
    DocMcCoy said:

flip that over, doc!

I got the album. What's on the flip of the 45?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    unity said:
    DocMcCoy said:

flip that over, doc!

I got the album. What's on the flip of the 45?

Off same album no?

Cheers for the link by the way Doc, gonna relax to it this morning at work.

Without turning this blog here thread away from its positive path got home last night to discover the oven heating element has gone leaving us with just the hobs to cook on. Considering that all budgeting till the far off payday had been done on stocking up teh freezer with oven meals, I fear we may be in for a couple of weeks of boiled dinners. The oven joins the washing machine, freezer, dishwasher, lights and hot water on the list of things that are either at breaking point or are kaput. I feel more like the Money Pit every damn day of my life.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    So I'm driving home from work yesterday and as I do from time to time, I get a strong craving for some oysters on the half shell. So I stop off at Quality Seafood, saddle up to the bar, and place my order for a dozen. They then tell me that they don't have Gulf oysters and I can choose from jkvbvireghevn, blbwqufgqu, and nvjkewpnbgij2b oysters from nbvjkwngpuwq, nbvibqebv, and bvrfjobvwfrwip...I was partially stunned and wholly heartbroken. How am I supposed to live dammit in a world where I can't just get Gulf oysters whenever the mood strikes me? Eff that friggin oil spill to the fullest!

Luckily Tuesday nights, Quality Seafood runs a special on tacos. So I settled for blackened mahi mahi tacos with pineapple/mango salsa and a blackened shrimp taco with verde cream salsa. Not what I was fishing for, but ample nonetheless.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    So I'm driving home from work yesterday and as I do from time to time, I get a strong craving for some oysters on the half shell. So I stop off at Quality Seafood, saddle up to the bar, and place my order for a dozen. They then tell me that they don't have Gulf oysters and I can choose from jkvbvireghevn, blbwqufgqu, and nvjkewpnbgij2b oysters from nbvjkwngpuwq, nbvibqebv, and bvrfjobvwfrwip...I was partially stunned and wholly heartbroken. How am I supposed to live dammit in a world where I can't just get Gulf oysters whenever the mood strikes me? Eff that friggin oil spill to the fullest!

Luckily Tuesday nights, Quality Seafood runs a special on tacos. So I settled for blackened mahi mahi tacos with pineapple/mango salsa and a blackened shrimp taco with verde cream salsa. Not what I was fishing for, but ample nonetheless.

fuck you. my dinner last night consisted of my kids leftover spagetti and then a bowl of cereal. I would have preferred yours.

Oysters, every country claims the best, i grew up on NZ bluff oysters, our 'worlds best' argument is based on the pristine quality of the south pacific waters, but i have also tried almost every variety available here in Holland including all the French ones that have numbers that i dont understand, they seemed ok. Had dinner at a 3 michelin star restaurant a couple months back (Sergio Herman's Oud Sluis) and had a Zeeuwse oyster which was fucking amazing but i tell ya, none of them beat the ones me and my mates would pry off the rocks as kids and gobble down greedily as the waves lapped at our feet.