Government Assignation Of US Citizens

2»

Comments

• Done. Fuck Barack Obama.

• is/was Awlaki a US citizen?

without fail EVERY headline I've read about his killing refers to him as "US-born."

I know as a Con law principle losing one's citizenship is not easy.

so what was his citizenship? and if he was indeed still a US citizen, what's with the US media's weasily terminology?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    is/was Awlaki a US citizen?

without fail EVERY headline I've read about his killing refers to him as "US-born."

so what was his citizenship? and if he was indeed still a US citizen, what's with the US media's weasily terminology?

I read it is a way of distinguishing a US citizen by birth from a naturalized immigrant. It seems more outrageous to many that someone that's been down with the USA from the get-go would then turn to the dark side.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    is/was Awlaki a US citizen?

Yes he was an American citizen until his murder. He also is a citizen of Yemen if I remember correctly. The media is doing exactly what you would think it would.

• dude's got kind of a shock g thing going on, no?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Completely forgot that I started this thread.
    When I heard he was got this morning, I said to myself, Good, another one gone. I also said, there is going to be lots of blow back from the unrestricted use of drones. Soon every government and some terrorist groups, will have drones. According to the US they can be used where ever and when ever.

It is clear, and has been for some time, that Obama has embraced a war that has no boarders or rules of engagement.
    The upside is that it is the way to fight an al Qiada type organization. Downsizd is it is almost certainly illegal and will cause all kinds of future problems.