displaying records

2»

Comments

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. I've just started a woodworking class at a local community college. They've got bits and machines for days. I'll see what they've got when I re-do these in nicer wood.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I think it is cheesy if you hang records to just bask in your own glory. But, if you have people come through regularly to buy vinyl and you hang pieces you are selling then I think that's a decent reason.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    sabadabada said:

Mine looks more like this, but thanks for sharing.

b/w

Why would anyone display art? I keep all my posters, paintings, and photographs stacked up in the attic. Rael heads have bare walls.

• CBear said:
    Rael heads have bare walls.

Actually, Rael heads have Bear walls.

My record room is 100% grizzly, from the framing (all grizzly bones tied together with grizz ligaments and tendons) to the walls (all grizz skin and fur, stretched to an impeccable "fuck yeah" texture).
    :get_on_my_level:

• Controller_7 said:
    I'm assuming the first record you'll display will be the infamous baby cover album by the beatles.

but of course i just bought 6 sealed online for $20 and the guy threw in a copy of ???Take Me To The Mardi Gras??? without bells imagine that....zomg!111!!!!!!!!!he had an extra copy of ???Take Me To The Mardi Gras??? without bells, but i felt the $9 he was asking for the 2nd album was a ripoff so i didnt take him up on the offer....hense the reasoning for my post...

@Cbear, yeah thats exactly what um looking for, i wouldve attached another piece of wood on the bottom and screw it into the studs from there, so its a bit more sturdy, but it doesnt seem as though you need it really..

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    You've got balls. I keep my Big Bear parts Doin their Thangs in the attic.

On teh rael though, I do have a Bengal Tiger skin that's been passed down my family forever. Never figured out what to do with that. Can't walk on it, can't put it on the wall. I've been saving it for for the next house.

• I'm not crazy about posting albums on the walls, not because I don' t think that they are artistic, but dust etc just isn't what I want my records to collect (I live in west TX where dust is crazy prevalent and where the color brown was created). BUT, I would like to have a single shelf on the wall to fit one record to place the cover of the record that I am playing at that moment. Kind of a "Now Playing" display.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    who cares if some of you don't like putting records on your walls. this guy wants to do it. good lord.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's still not grown and sexy.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Then what is? How do I make the walls look grown and sexy?

• http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=119553&id=100000476413585&ref=fbx_album

check it out. Here are all my personally signed records displayed in my hall next to the stairs. The best solution. I can arrange this system for you. Get back to me at zimmerwax@gmail.com

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Will you personally sign all my albums?

• Personally signed by the artists when I met them backstage, mr Junior.

• Almond said:
    Reynaldo said:

Then what is? How do I make the walls look grown and sexy?

By making your walls not look like you are still a teenager that loves band posters or possibly a grown man that still lives in mom's basement.

For example:

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

i have a Wax Po poster on me wall to cross off the raers. Is this sexy?

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

neither is throwing salt in someone else's game (aka walls).

• if you are listening to music in a room a better choice for walls would be fabric wrapped 703, not reflective surfaces. I don't know how many other ways this needs to be said. If you are so What Not To Wear that you have to have to have "record art" on your wall, then order something like this and kill two birds with one stone:

http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/diy-acoustic-panels-acoustic-wall-panels-acoustic-office-panel.aspx