Black Milk - Deadly Medley

Sweet_PremiumSweet_Premium 368 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central

Pretty good IMO. Sorry if this already has been posted..

Comments

• I haven't been looking out for new hip hop for a while now, but I am a fan of Black Milk. Tronic was nice, albeit not as nice as Popular Demand. This sounds like something I might pay a good 10.99 for. Including tax.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice beat!

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Definitely nice. Not a huge Royce fan, but I always check for anything with Elzhi on it.

• bangin

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    :feelin_it:

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    ill beat... pity about the 2nd and 3rd rappers.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Banger!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Nice beat, but Royce is pretty embarassing: "I'm in the best shape of my life lyrically/ I don't even write seriously/ I just fuck around." :weaksauce:

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Amazing beat. Haven't really checked for Black Milk, will have to go back and check his stuff out.

BTW, I could really hear Freeway over this beat.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    Nice beat, but Royce is pretty embarassing: "I'm in the best shape of my life lyrically/ I don't even write seriously/ I just fuck around." :weaksauce:

it reminds me of his other collabo with Elzhi
    ''excuse me if i sound lazy, i've been puffing crazy, doin puff shit so muthafuka,fuck you pay me[...] i am sick of how sick he is, he's sick of how sick me is, me,baby me sickest in the D, since the Shady LP, i can fuck that's what ladies tell me, 36 hours fucking, i was sick scared, that's nothing i am the shit''

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    "Most of you do a shitty job like colon cleansing"

:dodododo:

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I fusk with Black milks production. I wish he would change his drums up every now and then but he's a much better producer than he is rapper. however having said that he out rapped both Royce and Elzhi on that track.
    Anyone else disappointed by Royce's last album ?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No bueno.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    No bueno.

Not even the beat? I will say that Black Milk did outshine the two "actual rappers" here.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    haze25 said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    No bueno.

Not even the beat? I will say that Black Milk did outshine the two "actual rappers" here.

Not sure if it's where Black Milk is trying to go or where the beat takes him, but that ending place sounds very uninspired to me.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    haze25 said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    No bueno.

Not sure if it's where Black Milk is trying to go or where the beat takes him, but that ending place sounds very uninspired to me.

I hear ya, i mean im not gonna defend this whole-heartedly, but i do like the beat, i really never like anything i hear from him though. Elzhi might be one of the most over-rated dudes ever, and Royce used to be one of my favorites, not anymore.

peace,xavier

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Black Milk songs are all the same for me...the first time I hear one I think it's the greatest thing ever...by the 2nd listen,I never want to hear it again

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    pcmr said:
    nice beat!
    Madlib is shaking his head with a smirk on his face right now

• damms said:
    pcmr said:
    nice beat!

Either that, or he's so stoned beyond belief that when he heard it he decided to play out the entire track and claim it as his own..

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    damms said:
    pcmr said:
    nice beat!

Either that, or he's so stoned beyond belief that when he heard it he decided to play out the entire track and claim it as his own..
    ha ha ha ha
    typical

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Black Milk songs are all the same for me...the first time I hear one I think it's the greatest thing ever...by the 2nd listen,I never want to hear it again

i get this with most of his stuff as well, although there are a couple of things on tronic that i still bump occasionally, and dirty district 2 is an amazing album IMO. this beat is an exception, but the drums really annoy me on a lot of his beats. both in the way they're programmed and the way they are mixed.

and if im honest... his name annoys me, and his fanboys are really irritating.

Royce has been a disappointment for a while now.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I thought Royce da 5'9" kinda killed it on this.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Classic

• daam, hating ass dudes. i guess like what you like, but i havent checked for him much, but listenig to this a lot since it got posted up. quality.but i guess im not one of those crabby people who go to a movie, art show, listen to music with an attitude of "ok, what can i start bitching about? maybe ill look better if i levy some criticisms".

i jussssst caught the Rockers cameos in the song too. niiice.

royces verse worked.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Black Rock gettin paid?

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I might be alone in this but I preordered "Album of the Year." Bring the hatt.

B/w

• I'm also not a fan of unwarranted hattery. I can understand why there are those who may not be fans of Milk, but I like his sound. And I like the fact that he's a producer that can actually rap. He's not greatest of all time rapper, but he could make veterans in a cameo role look somewhat infantile in their efforts like he did with Deadly Medley. I'm not going to order until I hear a bit more from the album.