F*CK YOU! (New Cee Lo related)

2»

Comments

• Digging the song, albeit the time for it to be enjoyed is practically over. I do see this being used in some romantic comedy where the guy gets dumped by the girl he thought he was dating, only to realize that she really liked his friend instead. "Georgia" is pretty nice as well, but I'm feeling "Fuck You" a bit more. As for it being played on the radio, a simple "F U" or "Funk You" might suffice.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This will inevitably become the new theme song for Jennifer Aniston's return to a single camera laugh track situation comedy.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    You guys saw this already, right? It's from a couple weeks ago.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    About an hour ago ran into a music writer who told me this was the best song to come out this year. We then joked that this would never live up to the hype he created for me and the context of hearing it was vexed. Not the worst tune but I'm not really fucking with this, pun intended. This song needs Diddy to remix it with Mayer Hawthorne and Lee Fields contributing guest vocals. This song is gonna be huge.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Its a nice piece of mowtown inspired pop with a risque chorus. It will probably do well but i imagine im going to be bored with it after about three listens.

• Eva Mendes could GET it

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Mongo_Slade said:
    So, people who like this, what exactly do you like about it?

Cee-Lo's voice is a great instrument but otherwise the appeal of the song is lost on me.

+1 I'm not digging it like some folks. #contrived

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    Eva Mendes could GET it

and this

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    All this "this will be huge" or "this will be used in commercials, movies, etc" talk is irrelevant to me, it just matters that this song is extremely good. I wouldn't prefer that it would get as popular as Crazy as that sort of killed it for me but if a song is that good it deserves to be heard by as many as possible.

Speaking of that, they are never going to be able to make a radio friendly version of this. If they would, that would completely take out one of the most appealing core elements of this song.

• Sounds like Monkees drums on Cee Lo's song

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    CinisterCee said:
    Sounds like Monkees drums on Cee Lo's song

I luh the Strut.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• "I Want You" is the track, much more sincere sounding. Why it was not released as a summer single is beyond me, someone is not doing their job. I would love to hear this record everywhere i can listen to it on repeat, but FUCK YOU is boring.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    spelunk said:
    Feelin' it:

(not letting me embed)

Discuss.

I like Cee-Lo, but this has "novelty hit" written all over it. I've no doubt the album will be good, but this is an early indication that it won't be without skippers.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    day said:
    Mongo_Slade said:
    So, people who like this, what exactly do you like about it?

Cee-Lo's voice is a great instrument but otherwise the appeal of the song is lost on me.

+1 I'm not digging it like some folks. #contrived

I'm with you and Mongo_Slade on this, day. Strip away all the effin' and jeffin', and the song is just some comedy improv r&b. It's nowhere near strong enough to stand on its own.

I wonder what the Strut consensus would be if this were the lead single from, say, the next Amy Winehouse album?

• DocMcCoy said:

I like Cee-Lo, but this has "novelty hit" written all over it.

I agree.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's a definite novelty style record and also to my mind at least instantly forgettable. It's also going to grate horribly on the ears pretty quickly.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    neil_something said:
    DocMcCoy said:

I like Cee-Lo, but this has "novelty hit" written all over it.

I agree.

IMHO a lot of his songs have a novelty feel about them... Doesn't make the tracks worse tho. And his voice is great.

• Not my cup of tea this tune, but it's ok because I don't listen to radio so I'm not going to hear it BUT why is everyone posting links to it on Facebook, I've only got about 100 contacts on facebook and like 10 people have posted it this morning like they are revealing something of great importance, yeah it says Fuck You, so what? This tracks annoying me without even hearing it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• I like it.
    A lot.
    Not that I pay much attention to stuff like this, but it's the first current pop/r&b whatever song that I've liked in a long time.
    I couldn't get into "I want you" at all.
    I will return to ignoring pop culture now.

• this has shown up over 25 times on my facebook news feed at this point. needless to say, it's crossed over.

• Options
    sakedelic said:
    I like it.
    A lot.
    Not that I pay much attention to stuff like this, but it's the first current pop/r&b whatever song that I've liked in a long time.
    I couldn't get into "I want you" at all.
    I will return to ignoring pop culture now.

Same here.

Is this thing on vinyl?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Dude has a great voice.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No bueno.

• I think my bro's bro played bass on that track. Brody Brown. Not sure but he's been playin with Cee-Lo all summer. He did BoB nuthin onyou and that Billionaire song too. Dude gettin' work!!!

This song will be a hit for sure. already seeing my white facebook friends (lol did I say that?) posting it up

I wonder what the radio version will sound like. My vote goes for "Eff You!!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    he's going to be hosting a show on Fuse. It's like their one and only piece of original content for the new season.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts