F*CK YOU! (New Cee Lo related)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Feelin' it:

(not letting me embed)

Discuss.

Comments

• This has the potential to be incredibly annoying should it become a hit.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    neil_something said:
    This has the potential to be incredibly annoying should it become a hit.

I think you're crazy.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I wasn't expecting to like this so much. Definitely feelin' the track, but the novelty aspect gets a little old before the end.

• Listened to it one time - never want to hear it again. I guess this is gonna be a huge hit!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    annoying as shit.

the licensing possibilities (films, MTV reality shows, etc.) are endless though.

funny hearing this dude singing about being broke.

• I see he couldn't show up for the video shoot.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

the licensing possibilities (films, MTV reality shows, etc.) are endless

first thing i thought.

This is gonna be massive.

• do not want.

• F*ck You is a fun tune to listen to a few times but I am feeling this one more:

Now this one I could have on heavy rotation this summer.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Naw, I wasnt' feeling that Georgia song at all. Fuck You is a lot better IMO.

• motown67 said:
    Naw, I wasnt' feeling that Georgia song at all. Fuck You is a lot better IMO.

Me too. This song is gonna be everywhere...

• Yeah, this is gonna be gigantic. Which, is fine, as it's a pretty fine song.

FEELIN' IT... (will hate it in a few months, I'm sure...)

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    This song is going to BLOW THE F' UP. Think about all the romantic comedies that will be using this song for montage intro's and the like.

Could be the new "Hey Ya".

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Why go with the Fuck You? How are they gonna clean this up for radio? I think it sounds good until the chorus but honestly the people that played "Crazy" aren't gonna touch this due to the cussing (not that im offended).

Btw, i love everything dudes been putting out recently, that Jack Splash produced thing played on Giles Petrsons show was one of the best things i heard all year.

peace,xavier

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    haze25 said:

Btw, i love everything dudes been putting out recently

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    haze25 said:
    Why go with the Fuck You? How are they gonna clean this up for radio? I think it sounds good until the chorus but honestly the people that played "Crazy" aren't gonna touch this due to the cussing (not that im offended).

this was on my mind with all of the "blowing up" talk. how the FUCK are they going to clean this up? my mom would not approve, and she will have no problem just playing Hey Ya/Crazy again.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    cookbook said:
    haze25 said:

this was on my mind with all of the "blowing up" talk. how the FUCK are they going to clean this up? my mom would not approve, and she will have no problem just playing Hey Ya/Crazy again.

not that its a great comparison, but that nine inch nails song that had "i want to fuck you like an animal" in the chorus blew the fuck up back in the 90s. they'll just blank out the "fuck" probably. it does sound like a hey ya type hit. i've tried to listen to it twice so far, and couldn't get through it though. just a bit much for me.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Beeping out the fuck would be too awkward. An easy compromise is to just have him sing "F You."

• haze25 said:
    How are they gonna clean this up for use in TV commercials?

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Great track, i wasn't listening to the radio when "Crazy" was at it's peak so i didn't get burned out on it like most people. I will just cop this upcoming album and hope that Cee-Lo sells millions of records like he deserves to.

peace,xavier

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Two Toronto bands - Fucked Up and Holy Fuck - have not had too much trouble over their names...that's the novelty right there. But the States is a different kind of place.

This Cee-Lo sound is too jaunty for me.
    This, however, is quite nice.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And oh yea, I am sure he has a plan for how to get this played.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    somewhat repetitive lyrics, no?... and not really that clever, at that.

It's got a nice tempo to it, but didn't that swedish group peter bjorn and john do that same beat though??

dunno bout that video either... just kinda meh... '

• So, people who like this, what exactly do you like about it?

Cee-Lo's voice is a great instrument but otherwise the appeal of the song is lost on me.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    NateBizzo said:
    This song is going to BLOW THE F' UP.

That's what folk on here were saying about the last Cee-Lo track - which I only ever heard mentioned on Soulstrut.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    The appeal to me is that it's a fun Motown-esque track that should have come out earlier during the summer so it could be enjoyed by wife and i on our drives around town. It's not the best thing Cee-lo's ever done (Soul Food) but it's just catchy and light hearted fun........I'm sure nothing i say will change your mind about it though.

But i do agree with you it's not really clever, but honestly i'm biased, dudes my favorite singer and i can take stuff like this from him cause his voice is so damn good, plus im sure the album will contain some really great songwriting/songs and more heartfelt material.

peace,xavier

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    bull_ox said:
    NateBizzo said:
    This song is going to BLOW THE F' UP.

That's what folk on here were saying about the last Cee-Lo track - which I only ever heard mentioned on Soulstrut.

Which track was that? If it's "I Want You", then with him actually releasing the damn thing and getting the right promotion, then yes it would blow up.

I don't see "Georgia" blowing up, a little bit too mature for any Hip Hop/ R and B station to touch and a little too "Real" for people to request it on 'Delila" and have adult contempo stations back like they did "Crazy".

peace,xavier

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Also, had he not been in the video for that 'Twilight" ost contribution, i think that track could have blown up, just do a montage of the fucking Pattinson kid and you have a hit video. My wife loves that song, and she like all that top 40 shit, she can smell a hit a mile away.

• not a fan...
    sounds like a 'jokey' youtube cover of a some hit song... with better production value

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Beeping out the fuck would be too awkward. An easy compromise is to just have him sing "F You."

See Gold Digger for an improbable example of how this can work.