Mouse Help (Way NRR)

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I changed some setting on my mouse and now I can't figure out how I had it set before. I have a PC and my mouse has two buttons and a scroll wheel. The way I had it set before, I could hold the scroll wheel button down and scroll down the page (in Mozilla Firefox). But now I can't figger it out.Herp plaese and thnak you.

Comments

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    you check in control panel/mouse?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    1. Throw PC in trash can.
    2. Buy Mac of your choice.
    3. Set up Mac.
    4. Plug in mouse.

Problem solved. I'll bill you for the consultation fee later.

• you check in control panel/mouse?

Yeah, that's where I checked, but I couldn't find the setting I want.

All that bullshit Enki said.

Come on, now.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    The way I had it set before, I could hold the scroll wheel button down and scroll down the page (in Mozilla Firefox).

did it scroll down automatically? how did the scrolling work once you held down the scroll wheel? do you mean like you push the scroll wheel and the two arrows come up on the page, and you can just move the mouse up and down to move throughout the page?

• do you mean like you push the scroll wheel and the two arrows come up on the page, and you can just move the mouse up and down to move throughout the page?

YES!

HOW TO DO, PLAESE?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    do you mean like you push the scroll wheel and the two arrows come up on the page, and you can just move the mouse up and down to move throughout the page?

YES!

HOW TO DO, PLAESE?

there should be a setting in Control Panel > Mouse/Keyboard, but obviously there isnt in your case....

im on a mac at work, pc at home, ill be home in 30 minutes, so ill be back with a better response...

• do you mean like you push the scroll wheel and the two arrows come up on the page, and you can just move the mouse up and down to move throughout the page?

YES!

HOW TO DO, PLAESE?

HELP THE BOY OUT, PLAESE! The kids needs his daily dose of "borderbangers.com".

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    do you mean like you push the scroll wheel and the two arrows come up on the page, and you can just move the mouse up and down to move throughout the page?

YES!

HOW TO DO, PLAESE?

HELP THE BOY OUT, PLAESE! The kids needs his daily dose of "borderbangers.com".

That's quite revealing!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Make sure you turn off the feature in Mozilla that makes the scroll click open a link in a new tab. It's under Tools->Options->Tabbed Browsing

That might be it. I dunno though.

• I figured it out. I had to select "Middle Button" for the scroll wheel. Now I'm back to where I was before. Try it--you'll like it!

Thanks for the suggestions.