70's dad's sweatshirt i.d (bronx related)

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Has the broken english look, but... Retro sweatshirts with broken english was more of an 80s thing I would think. The address adds to the mystery.

Central Music Of Bronx Inc is a very unlikely name for anything. The composition of the photo, dad with hands on hips pipe in mouth, dude moving in, poets calmly drinking coffee is

Now's the time to start getting to know dad better. You could start by trying to learn some French. Good luck.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the pic is too cool

please bear with me, I am trying to clean this thread up a little

I also need to resize that first pic

thanks,
    M

• That pic is baddazz though!!! I'm going to have to post some of my pops photos from the 60'-70's. He played in latin funk/fusion bands. :lol: I have some great ones. Someday when I'm bored.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Good call, I was trying to make that out. The wording still seems a bit disjointed to me.

OK, so can we perhaps agree that it's an early Ricky Powell?

(this gif is genius)

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    why is your dad watching mick jagger dance ?
    must be what he's smoking

looks like central music was between 7th & 8th on two hundred & something street in the bronx
    (is that a local ?)
    best NYC store was once the 218 record den
    on 218th street & white plains
    also called Brad's (218 Record Den) & known as Clocktower
    the place was off the hook
    where is my time machine
    you were walking on raers in the basement !

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    That pic is baddazz though!!! I'm going to have to post some of my pops photos from the 60'-70's. He played in latin funk/fusion bands. :lol: I have some great ones. Someday when I'm bored.

Please! I??d love to see that.

- J

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    I guess the true origin of the shirt will remain a mystery. I may re create my own version one day.

I agree they could just as easily be dancing..

Has the broken english look, but... Retro sweatshirts with broken english was more of an 80s thing I would think. The address adds to the mystery.

Central Music Of Bronx Inc is a very unlikely name for anything. - except 70's hip hop! - The composition of the photo, dad with hands on hips pipe in mouth, dude moving in, poets calmly drinking coffee is

Now's the time to start getting to know dad better. You could start by trying to learn some French. Good luck.

He's coming to stay with me soon. Will be strange. Met my brothers & sisters for the first time properly this year too, that was pretty heavy. Am enrolling in French classes in September!