70's dad's sweatshirt i.d (bronx related)

gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central

This is a picture of my dad from the 70's. It's one of the only photo's I had of him when I was growing up. I've alway's wondered what the hell the sweatshirt was about. The pic would have been taken in France or North Afrika but he may have visited New York ..
Anyone know anything about "central music of the bronx inc" & the origins of this sweatshirt?????

(Feel free to post your own parental garment pictures)

*post edited to fix picture link

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Post deleted by mylatency

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Nope gibla, http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6488/gandalf20an.jpg doesn't exist according to mine too.

It might look okay on yours cause its already in your cache.

Try hooking it up again.

Paece.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I can neither see the picture.
    But this post reminds me: I've seen a documentary about the German soccer club BAYERN MUNICH from 1975 last night. The president wore a very nice cord suite in bright brown colors. Cool flares and a jacket with a superb collar. I was totally shocked when I noticed an ADIDAS logo on the jacket! Did Adidas make suits in the 70s? It didn't look like the Adidas logo was an ad thingy.

What a !!

Nope gibla, http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6488/gandalf20an.jpg doesn't exist according to mine too.

It might look okay on yours cause its already in your cache.

Try hooking it up again.

Paece.

ok try this:

• I can neither see the picture.
    But this post reminds me: I've seen a documentary about the German soccer club BAYERN MUNICH from 1975 last night. The president wore a very nice cord suite in bright brown colors. Cool flares and a jacket with a superb collar. I was totally shocked when I noticed an ADIDAS logo on the jacket! Did Adidas make suits in the 70s? It didn't look like the Adidas logo was an ad thingy.

What a !!

yeah they made suits

• nope on the link.

Cosign on the nope.

• get that pic working..I wanna see it

Are you pasting the right one?

Your image tag format looked

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

What a !!

yeah they made suits

did you ever see an Adidas suit? No sweat suits, but noble suits. Cause I've never een one at 2nd Hand stores!

What a !!

yeah they made suits

yeah? link plaese. Id like to see that.

• I can neither see the picture.

What a !!

yeah they made suits

did you ever see an Adidas suit? No sweat suits, but noble suits. Cause I've never een one at 2nd Hand stores!

I just remember in an old issue of Grand Royal they had a nice article on the history of Adidas or something that had a lot of nice catalog pics(that went up on my wall) and shit from the 70s,etc. I seem to remember leisure suits and shit. I am sure those pics are floating around on the net.

• ha..dope. pipe in mouth while fighting a dude. nice shirt too

"houston, we have a visual"

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    haha, great pic. why don't you ask your dad? did he loose the fight?

I don't see him very often he lives in another country & doesn't speak great English! Doubt he lost the fight tho he's a blackbelt in judo (whilst pipe smoking)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I doubt he lost the fight tho he's a blackbelt in judo (whilst pipe smoking)

Serious though If any New Yorkers know what that sweats all about speak up !

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the dudes in the background look pretty relaxed for sitting next to a fight. what country is he in?

• It has a sort of broken english quality to it, perhaps it originated outside the country.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    It has a sort of broken english quality to it, perhaps it originated outside the country.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Might be one of the first fake vintage american shirts... a phenomen that's plagued non-american countries ever since.

why is everbody so sure he's in a fight?
    Maybe its some sort of dancing going on.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Anyone know where I can get a Heatwave sweater like on the back of Central Heating?

• It has a sort of broken english quality to it, perhaps it originated outside the country.

It seems to have a NY address along the bottom...

• Good call, I was trying to make that out. The wording still seems a bit disjointed to me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the dudes in the background look pretty relaxed for sitting next to a fight.
    prolly cause he's all judo-ready. the dood with the sweater-collar thing... that's my new look!

• What's that cat smoking??? I think they're dancing.