Timepiece Strut

bandagekillsbandagekills 65 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone about their time teller the way many around here are about their sneakers? Been wearing a watch every day for probably ten years now.

As of lately:

Photobucket

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cellphones have rendered Watches obsolete.

• I am sure only Dick Tracy would disagree with that.

Flop waiting to happen.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I just got this one for my bday

planning on getting this one

and one day I will own one of these

• Attached files

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

It's around 6,000 and i shall grip it one day

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm thinking about getting a watch

• I've been interested in vintage Omegas recently.
    Currently wearing this one. Looking for more.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I have a Diesel watch with a leather band. Don't know if anyone else has this but especially in the summer when your wrists get sweaty it really starts to smell like ass and I have to get a new band like every 2 years which is pretty expensive.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• markus71 said:
    I have a Diesel watch with a leather band. Don't know if anyone else has this but especially in the summer when your wrists get sweaty it really starts to smell like ass and I have to get a new band like every 2 years which is pretty expensive.

with the leather this is the "you sound poor" graemlin (am I blind)? Funny thing is females complement this one most.

Photobucket

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    I'm thinking about getting a watch

I've been thinking of getting this one:

$150 from J.Crew.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

been rocking these for a few years now - great watch.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    i just got one of these....P>
    Photobucket

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    There's a lot of ugly up in this here thread.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    NachoManCandySandwich said:
    I've been interested in vintage Omegas recently.
    Currently wearing this one. Looking for more.

I like old Omegas - currently wearing a Railmaster bit like the one below. 50/60s Omega and Girard Perregaux are what I mostly buy

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Current piece:

Was thinking of splashing out on those of those Italian-made U-Boat watches. I like the design but don't know if I could fend off all of the Nazi-related queries.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I'm in love with big ass vintage 70s chorongraphs.
    At the moment I'm rocking a Roamer Stingray Chrono:

on high days and holidays this beauty:

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    What I've been wearing until I can save enough for the Bell & Ross of my dreams:

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    circa 1965 Argentinian commemorative oyster perpetual / date

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yep, already got the time in my pocket on my phone. Why would I also need it on my wrist?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's not about need. The bus takes you most places you need to go, so why buy any car much less a luxury car? Water is the only beverage you ever need, so why drink fresh-squeezed lemonade or a nice Scotch? When someone asks you for the time, you can pull your phone from your pocket or perhaps take it off your belt clip. I'd rather look at a nice watch.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Alright, if you really need me to take it there...there is no such thing as time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cool watches are cool, but after having a cell, the only reason to rock a watch for me would be to try and impress other people or to satisfy some personal fetish.

I used to be big into the digital ones w/ mad blips and shit that can tell me when the waves in Hawaii are poppin. But i hate having to take it off at night and the nasty sticky sun deprived flesh underneath the band.

Plus gettin down in the kitchen. I dont wanna take shit off to dunk my hands in a vat of buttermilk.

b/w

http://urie.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/michelle.jpg

• leonleon 883 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yep, already got the time in my pocket on my phone. Why would I also need it on my wrist?

It could go the other way ' round

B/w Talk to the hand

• this is what i sport, i have had mine now for about 4 yrs

the barometer/altimeter and compass work great, seeing as i am a fairly avid hiker it comes in handy all the time and worth the $300 i paid for it back then...they've gone down a lot in price, might be worth getting a new one..

• chronoshark has some good daily deals..