heatwave, anyone?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    how can dudes live without A/C? they only cost like $120 new...
    My lease says no A/C, I'm no broke dummy. Epic suckage though.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    70s and breezy in the Bay Area today... sorry guys. :coolsmirk:

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Strange schitt. I can't remember a summer this mild. It was 60 something degrees yesterday morning. In July? Wtf?!
    It hasn't even gotten above 110 yet.

Anyway, hope you dudes stay cool. I can deal with 120+. but that humidity would kill me.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    upper 90s and consistently humid here in the ohio valley, i still can't breath.

*weather advisory* don't leave any records in the car.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Breez said:
    Here in B-More it's been 93 and above for 3 weeks now and 100+ for the past 3 days!! This shit is insane. Thank God my house has central air but I know our electric bill is going to be just as crazy, it's been running non stop!

I've lived in the Bmore area my whole life, and this is already the craziest summer I can remember, coming on the heels of the craziest winter. Only rocking a window unit in one room -- hard to find the motivation to leave that room again after getting home from work, despite how many fun events there've been in town lately.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    gloom said:

I don't get these fools moving from the north b/c of weather to Georgia or some shit. I would hate all summer being like this; 95 degrees and 90% humidity. It's got to be as bad as snow, except you don't have to shovel it.

Seriously, you can put on another shirt in winter but I could be walking around nude right now and still be hot as hell. You southern folks are crazy.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Grafwritah said:
    gloom said:

I don't get these fools moving from the north b/c of weather to Georgia or some shit. I would hate all summer being like this; 95 degrees and 90% humidity. It's got to be as bad as snow, except you don't have to shovel it.

Seriously, you can put on another shirt in winter but I could be walking around nude right now and still be hot as hell. You southern folks are crazy.

Major . And to think, I entertained a job offer from Florida State. It was hot as hell in April, and I was sweating like a coke addict, wearing a dark blue suit for my interview. I can't imagine what it feels like down there during this time of year. Geez!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Grafwritah said:
    gloom said:

THIS.

by far my biggest problem w/New Orleans is the climate/weather.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

opened my radio show with this last night....

Yeah summers in the south do indeed suck...but Texas summers are the absolute worst because they last from May to November. At least around here, early October shit returns to normal. One of the tipping points in my engagement was visiting her folks for Thanksgiving in Houston one year and it was fucking 88 and humid as hell...she was thinking that is where we would move after we got married. That was the first nail in the coffin of that marriage...fuck 90 on Thanksgiving, hell naw.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    On another 3-4 days wild ass heatwave. Not feelin it one bit.
    Apparently it might end tonight. I can only hope, cuz i cant cope.

• orips said:

I was looking forward to a Heatwave thread but yall Half Steppin'.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Oh damn, she's back!!

• we've been getting annihilated in toronto. humidex readings in the mid 40s for the last week and week to come.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    45+ C projected tmrw. Not excited, but staying at the folks' place. Basement and a pool.

• yeah, 48 over here [/pissingcontest].

if you see a tradesperson or contractor working in your neighborhood in the next couple of days, stop and give him a cold drink. you'll have a friend for life.

(i installed three exterior cold water taps on a guys house yesterday because he brought over a bunch of ice cold beers for my crew)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    are you saying its 118 degrees farenheit with humidity?
    wow.
    i just got back into town. and its hot as hell here in philly. we got 90-100 all week
    i shot some hoops 8-9am and that got a little grueling...gonna have to bump it back to 7am.
    i'll be working in the basement until the sun goes down

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    90-100?! Jokes!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    come on man, its not texas, but thats still hot. thats not counting humidity... currently at 65%

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    April here was great.
    May/Jun/July so far mostly grey and tepid, when not raining.

I need some f*cking SUN!

• you dont want none of this stuff we got going here. shit is spicy. and ive worked through every heatwave we've had for the last 10 years.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Humidex and relative humidity are pretty different. 60% is still very high at this temp cuz hot air can hold more moisture. So, if it were to cool off, the relative humidity's percentage would rise, nahmean?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Back Sweat

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Back Sweat

I'm bringing Sweaty Back.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    we are having a slightly bit warmer than usual summer day
    http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Memphis+TN+38104

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    "Ya think ya hot, but ya not, ya hypnotized"...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    S'like this:

• today's magic number:

49c
    [120.2f]

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Today in NYC, it's not even sunny. It just has that haze you see in postapocalyptic distopia movies like Blade Runner. Like some point in the future when the sun has begun to morph into a red giant.