Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Herm said:
    Pony said:
    gloom said:

USA USA USA

You guys into Dutch Hardcore?

2:00

Whoa. Even MORE props are due to ArabMuzik now!

Next-level sarcasm? Mmmm, have you heard Professor Green?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Never heard of the guy, but he sounds corny.

I was referring more to the fact that Arabmuzik sampled (what I thought was) some obscure Dutch hardcore, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Herm said:
    Duderonomy said:

Never heard of the guy, but he sounds corny.

I was referring more to the fact that Arabmuzik sampled (what I thought was) some obscure Dutch hardcore, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

From the clips above, it's a massive sample that hasn't been played around with in any way, with Dipset doing new lyrics... much like the two Professor Green clips. The INXS one seemed ok, if exceptionally lazy (or as somebody wrote, 'pure bait'), but to do the same thing with his next track (Beats International) is really getting tired.
    From my point of view, the Dipset track seemed lame. Then I discover that it's also a massive bite of something lame, which gives me lameness squared to the fail of ten. The creative sampling argument has been done in other threads though, so I'll leave it there. Gimme a while to poast a banger, and I'm sure there will be something lame about my choice to even things up :cheese:

• So the synthesizers in Salute is a sample? I assumed he played that himself. What about this track?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'd have about 30 things to post if I could play back what I heard at the beat showcase this past weekend with Moss, Frank Dukes, Rich Kidd and Marco Polo.
    It's about the only type of rap-related battle/showcase I can take for more than 10 minutes and HOLY SHIT. It was fire from start to finish. I wish you were all there.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    That Salute track sounds raw, regardless of how it was put together. I don't primarily listen to Dipset for the intricacy of their production. Even still, it sounds to me like he sampled that techno shit just like you would sample anything else, he wrote his own drum track, so how is that any different than looping up raer and braekz and calling it fire?

Oh and Matt Adore - while I can't answer your question, it did remind me that a track I've been feelin' the fuck out of is off that Crime Pays album. I love how they did a rendition of a Jeezy beat for this one...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    INTENSE

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    day said:
    INTENSE

finally a fuckin intense BANGER

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    THIS is a SICK... FUCKIN'... BANGER!!

Controller_7 banged out this banger...

• G_Balliando said:
    That Salute track sounds raw, regardless of how it was put together. I don't primarily listen to Dipset for the intricacy of their production. Even still, it sounds to me like he sampled that techno shit just like you would sample anything else, he wrote his own drum track, so how is that any different than looping up raer and braekz and calling it fire?

Oh and Matt Adore - while I can't answer your question, it did remind me that a track I've been feelin' the fuck out of is off that Crime Pays album. I love how they did a rendition of a Jeezy beat for this one...

I agree with you about that there is no difference between sampling techno to soul/funk/jazz or whatever.

Anybody know if there's a single for Get It In Ohio? Wikipedia says so. Discogs says no.

And here's something for the Araab Muzik fans:

http://www.mixtapetorrent.com/j-armz-araabmuzik-instrumental-kings-5

I enjoy it in small doses. It can get a bit much for a straight-through-listen.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I still maintain that Crime Pays album was wrongly dismissed on the Strut. Some great tracks on there.

I don't think I was Struttin' much when Crime Pays dropped. Was it getting the hatt? Too bad, I thought it was one of Cam's better albums.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like that record a lot, still play it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    go *that* way

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Not really "new" but been my shit for a second. Played this at Do Over on Sunday and there were like visable shockwaves.

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place for this request, but I didn't want to make a new thread.

There was a Busta Rhymes track out a year or two ago that had a really uptempo and funky drum beat/break to it and I can't remember the name of it, I can't remember the lyrics, and I don't think it actually made it onto any of his recent albums. Anybody have any clue what I'm talking about?

This was the first one that sprang to mind.

Kind of sad that this and that Swizz Beatz track were probably better than anything on the actual album.

On the previous discussion, don't think Crime Pays was hated on so much as just ignored by many people on here but then, hey, it's the Strut after all.

YES! That's the one. THANK YOU! Been trying to figure this out for like 3 weeks. Much appreciated! This was definitely better than the rest of the tracks on the last album... And the video is great too, lots of throwback Busta fits in there, haha.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Junior said:

This is great. Throwback vibes!

Yep that and this one got me foolishly all excited about the album coming out only to realise too late that both of them failed to make it to the final tracklist, replaced instead with a mass of tepidity.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:

This is great. Throwback vibes!

Co-sign! This is what I love the Strut for: constantly hipping me to shit I missed!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Not really "new" but been my shit for a second. Played this at Do Over on Sunday and there were like visable shockwaves.

feelin this!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    dam drew, that ross track is great

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts

haha english people call hotdog sasage a banger so this is a banger im feelin haha its a worst its probably got horse anus and nose flesh innit but i like it haha. where are the graemlins?

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    drewnice said:

This is a great one. Best lately for me have been Currency ("Role Model") and Vado.

Been ignoring Ross since his last couple joints were such turds, but this track is great!