Your McDonald’s Eating Habits

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    things I used to get at McD's and their superior alternatives:

filet o fish = fresh fried calabash on a bun isn't hard to find round here, I feel like my guts are being torn apart within hours of eating the McD version

shake = COOKOUT has become quite ubiquitous here, there is no need to ever get the old fashioned fake fast food shake again

egg & cheese biscuit = theirs is fine, but BOJANGLES really kills them... I mean, thats what they do: make biscuits

fries = well damn their fries are good... I just don't eat them anymore...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I used to work across the street from one for 5 years and only ever ate there a handful of times. It was disgusting how some people would frequent that place. There was one scary dude that reminded me of Tony Clifton. One of my co-workers told me once he was in line and the Tony Clifton dude was complaining to the staff that his McFish sandwich tasted like it had too many calories and they should have told him that before he ordered it.

Oh, and BTW. It's spelled Selma Hayek ::salma::

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Why would I ever even consider going to McDonald's when we have In-n-Out Burger?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Why would I ever even consider going to McDonald's when we have In-n-Out Burger[/b] ?

?? what's that??

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    I'm pretty good on steering clear of the fast food gut bombs these days; but from past experience In and Out is one of the best, quality fast food chains around.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Why would I ever even consider going to McDonald's when we have In-n-Out Burger?

Man, I've been wanting one Animal style for awhile now.

The only think I ever really get or like from McDonalds is the desserts.
    The fruit n yogurt things are good.

I use to like when I lived in the UK getting an apple pie with ice cream and chocolate sauce all over it and I can't remember if they put a flake bar with that or not.

• Sometimes I go there and try some new stuff, like an Indian grilled chicken sandwich (eh, I'm a vegatarian...) and sometimes it's nice but the next time I go there they will not have that item anymore. I guess I only like McD's stuff that's made to enhance their reputation but that's always gone in a week because nobody orders it expect for me.

I don't care about the regular stuff. I can see that it might taste good in a regressive kind of way but I rather ask my mom if I can suck her tits again when I really want to go in regression.

Plus I like to drink beer when I eat and they don't serve that.

I use the McD toilets when I'm on my record rounds in town.

I'm pretty good on steering clear of the fast food gut bombs these days; but from past experience In and Out is one of the best, quality fast food chains around.

...with a very unfortunate name...i guess i'm pretty immature.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I used to work at McDonald's when I was 16...I was the employee of the month one month, too.

I still like McDonald's occasionally, but it tastes kind of gross in New York relative to other cities.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

shake = COOKOUT has become quite ubiquitous here, there is no need to ever get the old fashioned fake fast food shake again

EXACTLY! IF I could have them shipped to cali I think I might...

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

I use the McD toilets when I'm on my record rounds in town.

Damn, they would not be my first choice. Most Mc D's bathrooms are barely above this.

I have a public toilet phobia though

• McGriddle[/b]

• You're right and moreover it's difficult to see your veins because they didn't change the blue lights yet that were put in there in the eighties. It is sufficiently anonimous though. I'm only familiair enough with one record shop-owner to use his john and that shop is a tiny place so he keeps all his unpriced records there so it's always good to use that toilet. "thanks for using your john and bye the way what do you ask for that one sided private psych funk record from 1969?"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Well, it is an unfortunate name, and usually when suggesting In-n-Out to friends, I say it like Steve Buscemi in Fargo, complete with accompanying "hittin' it" hand gesture. "Wanna go to the ol' In-n-Out?" Yeah.

But still, In-n-Out is the bomb, and it's pretty much the only fast food joint I will go to these days.

• I'm pretty good on steering clear of the fast food gut bombs these days; but from past experience In and Out is one of the best, quality fast food chains around.

Well, it is an unfortunate name, and usually when suggesting In-n-Out to friends, I say it like Steve Buscemi in Fargo, complete with accompanying "hittin' it" hand gesture. "Wanna go to the ol' In-n-Out?" Yeah.

But still, In-n-Out is the bomb, and it's pretty much the only fast food joint I will go to these days.

co sizzle

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

animal style

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    in japan we get down like this;

doubleo cheesouburger seto, pickles nai, friedu potato m size, fanta l size, take out...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Sometimes I go there and try some new stuff, like an Indian grilled chicken sandwich

(eh, I'm a vegatarian...)

::

NEWS FLASH!
    If you eat grilled chicken, you are not a vegetarian.

• dude, the other day i went to mcdonalds and theyre totally trying to revamp their image. anyways they got a big picture of beyonce and those other 2 chicks and there's a caption under it that says something like "when i need a quick bite while walking down the red carpet" or some such comedy. and they have new packaging where there's like drawings of good looking active people on the sammich boxes doing shit like rollerblading or jogging. ha ha! i ordered a double quarter pounder w/cheese and it had a picture of a beefcake dude doing the lift weights thing and on the side of the box it said something like "enjoy the big beefy juicyness". it was awesome. their tv commercials now have all these hot young hipster folks eating chicken sammiches and shit. they are trying waaaay too hard.

in other news, i been seeing commercials for burger king's chicken fries. which are like chicken bits shaped in the form of fries. as gross as that sounds, that commercial makes me hungry. and not because of the guy in the bird suit.

anyways, that was a rare occasion. but i cant front on the mcgriddles. them things are sooo tasty.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Ever since I peeped that supersize-me malarkey, I shut my Macky D receptor off.

Before that, my favourite meal (and I use that shit loosely) was a large Big Mac Meal with a Vanilla Shake (damn their shakes were... okay).

The best shake I ever had was at Disney world - that 50's cafe where the waiter tells you to get your elbows the feck off the table and do your damn homework. It was on proper fresh-mode steez - all the real fruit and ice-cream.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I haven't had mcd's in about two years, the only thing I miss are the old flakey style apple pies and mcrib. They haven't had the mcrib in Canada for over 10 yrs I think, although it'll probably taste nasty to my palette now vs the palette of my youth.

when I feel like a burger I just go to a local mom n pop joint by my house (Goldenstar on Yonge and Steeles for the Toronto people). Medium raer for me...

• dizzydizzy 11 Posts
    I crapped in a mcdonalds toilet today. We got one called the McCafe that serves french coffee and pastries.

haven't had mcd's in about two years............The only thing I miss are the old flakey style apple pies and mcrib. They haven't had the mcrib in Canada for over 10 yrs I think....

when I feel like a burger I just go to a local mom n pop joint by my house (Goldenstar on Yonge and Steeles for the Toronto people).

ak! one of the last burgers i ever ate! we used to go to movies at centre point (before they took the theatres out) and then for burgers at goldenstar!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    in other news, i been seeing commercials for burger king's chicken fries. which are like chicken bits shaped in the form of fries. as gross as that sounds, that commercial makes me hungry. and not because of the guy in the bird suit.

Dog, they're alright, but such a rip-off. They give you a choice of like 6 or 9 chicken fries, the 9 being much more expensive. Fast-food s will probably fuck with them though. It's just another gimmick. I'd stick with BKs nuggets, which are highly underrated, BTW.

• in other news, i been seeing commercials for burger king's chicken fries. which are like chicken bits shaped in the form of fries. as gross as that sounds, that commercial makes me hungry. and not because of the guy in the bird suit.

Dog, they're alright, but such a rip-off. They give you a choice of like 6 or 9 chicken fries, the 9 being much more expensive. Fast-food s will probably fuck with them though. It's just another gimmick. I'd stick with BKs nuggets, which are highly underrated, BTW.

yeah, im a sucker for this shit. i still remember the mcdlt. you know, keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool? i thought that shit was genius until i got one and it wasnt nothin but a quarter pounder in a funky styrofoam box.

• where's the nearest Meat Shake?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I crapped in a mcdonalds toilet today. We got one called the McCafe that serves french coffee and pastries.

These are all over Buenos Aires. During the worst of the Argentine economic issues, people apparently decided McDs was the embodiment of all their troubles and started boycotting them. It didn't help that around the same time at least on kid died from food poisoning contracted at McDs. So, to better their image, McDs opened all these terrible ersatz coffee joints, which in a place like BA is almost as disheartening to see as it would be in Paris.

for sure

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I wouldn't be so proud to be a PETA supporter either.

use to work a few doors down from the hq in maryland
    maybe some of their cause is worthy, but they were some f-ed up people there
    (+ not in the good f-d up way)
    they are human hatters
    (atleast the elites in charge are)

• Sometimes I go there and try some new stuff, like an Indian grilled chicken sandwich

(eh, I'm a vegatarian...)

::

NEWS FLASH!
    If you eat grilled chicken, you are not a vegetarian.

Feeble attempt at comedy from my part. I'm a wanna be vegetarian and those are the worst.

I remember people in India telling me chicken is a vegetable and it's okay to eat it as a vegetarian

But seriously, vegetarian fast food, isn't there a niche? I like a tempeh sandwich with sambal.