Your McDonald’s Eating Habits

AaronAaron 977 Posts
edited August 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
A DAY IN THE LIFE...[/b]

"I rose at 5 o'clock in the morning and read a chapter in Hebrew and 200 verses in Homer's Odyssey. I ate milk for breakfast, I said my prayers...I danced my dance. I read law in the morning and Italian in the afternoon. I ate tough chicken for dinner."

Diary of William Byrd, 1709

Entry question: Why does the BBQ sauce at McDonald's taste so good?

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved McDonald's: the food, the Play Place, that big, golden 'M' inviting you with its neon warmth. At McDonald's, you don't need your manners, you don't need silverware; you do, however, need socks in order to play in the ball pit.

But McDonald's is to me, above all else, a place to eat. I'll take a 6-piece meal and a cheeseburger on the side. That is what I say nowadays. I used to be able to lay it down like a street hustler:
GIMME A NUMBER FIVE
SUPERSIZED
WITH A CHEESEBURGER ON THE SIDE.
...before they swapped out the number five for something else -- I don't know what.

Yes you are![/b]

THE RULES:[/b]

1) Fill up beverage mostly with ice
2) Eat your fries first, before they go cold
3) Peel off all of the pickles
4) Because most of the ketchup and onion is located in the middle, eat burgers around the edge first, then finish off the middle
5) Ask for two packets of BBQ sauce -- one for the first five nuggets; one for the last nugget
6) Smile to your server

"It was not her sex appeal but the obvious relish with which she devoured the hamburger that made my pulse begin to hammer with excitement."
~Roy Krac

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I haven't set foot inside a McDonald's in probably 20 years.

I do enjoy using their parking lot to shop at the nearby record store though. And I REALLY enjoy the fact that I have a "PETA - Go Vegetarian!" license plate frame on my car when I do so.

If people want to support corporate monstrosity that destroys the environment, abuses animals, and damages the health of not only adults but children, I suppose that's their prerogative.

But count me out.

Animals aren't "nuggets" or "patties" - they're living, breathing creatures. Ronald McDonald and Ray Kroc can go fuck themselves.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I haven't set foot inside a McDonald's in probably 20 hours [/b].

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Ugh...

• Even though I'm a vegetarian I'll occasionally and guiltfully (sp) eat an egg mcmuffin (w/o ham) once every 2 months. It's usually in those rare situations when I'm very hungry in the morning or when I'm on a road trip and don't know where else to stop.

I think that's a dramatic shift from my days when I would be eating that garbage every day (Junior High and High School).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Word

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Ugh...

It's the SoulStrut PC Party Patrol dude get with the program! We've got tofu dogs on the grill, Smiths on the boombox, and exploitation-free non-leather sandals for the first ten volunteers! C'mon Aaron join the fun! We're picketing our local Fox affiliate tomorrow and if you come over right now you won't miss the Positive Thinking Sweatlodge! Al Franken is our lodgeleader and is quite a hit with the ladies as I'm sure you can imagine!

I meant womyn, sorry!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    whoa i JUST came back from Mc Donald's lunch like 3 minutes ago.

I usually have an upsized meal and some nuggets on the side.

i've heard all the stories about fastfood and all but i just couldn't stay away from it, and personally i think as long as i don't make this an everyday habit its ok.

• whoa i JUST came back from Mc Donald's lunch like 3 minutes ago.

I usually have an upsized meal and some nuggets on the side.

i've heard all the stories about fastfood and all but i just couldn't stay away from it, and personally i think as long as i don't make this an everyday habit its ok.

LUNCH? Shhhhhhiet it's 11:00 o'clock killa-calit time.

UPSIZED = Super Size?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

UPSIZED = Super Size?

This thread is strange. I think I get it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

UPSIZED = Super Size?

This thread is strange. I think I get it.

It makes better sense after you spin around for 30 seconds and recite a random page from "Catcher in the Rye"

Ain't ordered from McDonalds in like 8 years. My friend gave me a McFlurry once though, shit was nice. But Jack in the Box is where the real frosted treats are.

real (pot)heads know the deal

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

sorry! i had to do it

------

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Word

Likewise...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I eat meat 2-3 times per week because I like it. McDonalds food tastes really bad. I haven't eaten fast food from a chain store in over 10 years. Well, I ate Chick Fil A a few months ago and felt like I ate a deep fried candle. I had to drink castor oil to get that shit outta me.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I wouldn't be so proud to be a PETA supporter either.

• McGriddle[/b]

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Has anyone tried the "premium" chicken sandwiches yet?

I am and always have been a Filet O' Fish man.

DON'T KNOCK IT.

i also tried a Big n' Tasty (no ayo) the other day ...it was tasty like shit

i also tried a Big n' Tasty (no ayo) the other day ...it was tasty like shit

Yeah, B&T is like a low-budget Whopper, but I still get them every now and then.

What are you feelin' at McDs, Ed?

nuggets w/sweet n sour.....quarter w/cheese.....filet o' fish....double cheese w/mayo...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If people want to support corporate monstrosity that destroys the environment, abuses animals, and damages the health of not only adults but children, I suppose that's their prerogative.

Co-Sign!

That's not real food. Supersize Me should be required viewing.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

COSIGN

did anybody hear about the shit macdonalds is in over in india?

they neglected to mention that the fries are fired in beef tallow... and well the hindu's aren't exactly too happy about not being told upfront.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Anyone remember that flimsy Micky Deez record that said the whole menu really fast. And if you went in to a Micky Deez and recited it flawlessly you got somethin free?? My friend can still say the whole damn thing!!

PS Big Macs = crack

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Ugh...

exploitation-free non-leather sandals
    You couldn't pay me to eat at McDonald's. Ok, pay me enough and I'll eat there, but it would have to be an awful lot of money. To me, few foodstuffs are more essentially vile than anything that comes out of the McD's.

Now, about those non-leather sandals...

I spent a summer working at an MEC--Canada's REI, I suppose--and there were frequent and heated discussions about leather footwear versus non-leather footwear. This was a cooperative organisation that was deeply committed to socially responsible business practices and minimising their ecological footprints. As you would expect, such an organisation attracted many vegetarians and vegans, some of whom were insanely didactic. These folks were adamant that no leather shoe be sold because producing anything from animals is unacceptable. The environmentalists would respond, and not without some glee, that if your priority is minimising the impact of your product, leather is definitely the way to go. Synthetic materials require a highly polluting infrastructure, including the oil industry, and that leather shoes are virtually benign in comparison. I loathe retail work and one of my few pleasures was watching these two equally self-righteous camps shout at each other, but all things considered, I preferred to the pragmatism of the environmentalists to the extremism of the vegans.

• i think i'd honestly go to mcd's if everything else was closed and i was starving. i prefer popeyes. peace, stein. .

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    they also refuse to unionize and would rather shut down than do so. From Montreal Mirror/late 90's:

"And of course, there are the union-busting tactics of fast-food giants, McDonald's being the most notorious of them all. Workers at the McDonald's at Mont-Royal and Papineau who began a unionization drive a few months after the St-Hubert one, for example, received home visits, were taken on short drives and corralled behind closed doors into backrooms by one or more specially imported managers who used bribes and threats to try to dissuade them from joining the union. They had hours cut if they refused, and were even promised their very own McDonald's franchises if they helped vanquish the union. In St-Hubert, the most bizarre tactic used was the shuttling-in of a 20-strong band of anti-union workers nicknamed the McContestataires who supposedly got together on their own to hire a lawyer to help foil their fellow workers' unionization attempts. None of the McContestataires would tell reporters where the money to hire their lawyer came from.

The St-Hubert case has dragged on before the provincial labour commissioner since the group applied for accreditation with the Teamsters in February, 1997, largely because of the time-consuming legal manoeuvrings presented by the lawyers of both the franchise managers, Mike and Tom Cappelli, and the McContestataires. But the final blow to the union came two weeks ago, when the owners of the St-Hubert franchise shut down the restaurant and booted all workers, in favour of the union or not, out of their jobs.

The Capellis claimed at the time that they closed the restaurant because it was a money-loser, but union leaders say the timing is way too suspect. The Teamsters-affiliated F??d??ration des travailleurs et travailleuses du Qu??bec (FTQ) announced last week that it wants to see the restaurant's books for proof."

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Big Mac; McDLT; a Quarter Pounder with some cheese; Filet O Fish; a Hamburger; a Cheesebuger; a Happy Meal, McNuggets; tasty golden French Fries, regular or larger sizes; Salads: Chef or Garden, or a Chicken Salad, Oriental; big, big breakfast: Egg McMuffin; Hot, Hot Cakes; or Sausage; maybe Biscuits; Bacon; Egg & Cheese; a Sausage Danish; Hashbrowns too; and for desert: Hot Apple Pies; Sundaes, three varieties; a Soft Serve Cone; three kinds of Shakes; and Chocolatey Chip Cookies; and to drink: a Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Orange Drink.

Orange Drink.

Okay, this is really the only reason I still eat at McDonalds.

• i haven't eaten anything at mcdonald's besides a friggin SAUSAGE BISCUIT in about 30 years. but that SAUSAGE BISCUIT is something else. i guess i have about two or three SAUSAGE BISCUITS a year now. someone in the mcdonald's kitchen knows what the f--- he's doing with that dang biscuit recipe.

• Orange Drink.

Okay, this is really the only reason I still eat at McDonalds.

brings back so many memories of field days in elementary school

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    the only menu item thats really had at me on occasion in the past few years is the McGriddle. that shit is straight-up delicious.i highly suggest the DIY mcgriddle though. i make mine with 2 eggo waffles, bacon, cheese, one scrambled egg and some syrup drizzle. with fresh squeezed oj, it is most on-point. I also admit I am known to cop some french fries once in a while from the Mac.