Madvillain - Papermill

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Madvillain - Papermill. Has anyone listened to this track yet?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No, but I was just thinking to myself that it's about time we had a Madlib-related thread. That guy is really under-recognized considering his massive talent and contributions to music.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

No, but I was just thinking to myself that it's about time we had a Madlib-related thread. That guy is really under-recognized considering his massive talent and contributions to music.

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts

haha, i noticed some pics of him today on the stones throw web site and i'm thinking what the hell is he doing always wearing those wack ass jewels on his arms

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I like this one more.

The Papermill beat... I feel it starts with potential and then just doesn't go anywhere particularly good. Doom can be as awesome as he wants but if I don't like the beat I could care less about the rhymes.

Just my opinion.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

99% of madlib's beats... I feel it starts with potential and then just doesn't go anywhere particularly good. Doom can be as awesome as he wants but if I don't like the beat I could care less about the rhymes.

Just my opinion.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Is there still some supposed "imposter" doing shows as Doom?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the beat is all over the place
    i really need someone to coles notes madlib output
    i used to love H'I'M

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    NOT

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    the beat is all over the place

Yeah, there's a potentially good beat hidden in that mess, but...

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Not a madlib hater, but that is a bunch of crap. Where is the quality control at?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    One of the first Madlib things I've been checkin for a long time and I like it. And I also want to know which record he sampled for this, German fusion related....

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I like Doom
    I like Madlib
    I hatt Madvillain

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    yeah...sloppy rhymes over a sloppy beat...sounds like they both did their parts in one quick take.

the sample is interesting though

• nutriciousnutricious 118 Posts
    One of the first Madlib things I've been checkin for a long time and I like it. And I also want to know which record he sampled for this, German fusion related....

the germanic internets claim it's this:

but although it seems close i don't actually hear it in there. maybe it's crazily filtered/chopped? calling dr. hawkeye!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Great Krug tune, but now way is this the sample.

The sound of the voice is wrong, tempo is wrong, instrumentation is wrong, and here is nothing pitched or filtered too. The vocals of the Papermill sample are not apperaing in the Krug tune.

The Papermill sample lyrics are

- Nur nicht heute oder morgen
    - wird es schon gehen
    - irgendwann
    - man wird sehen

Only the word "morgen" and "heute" is appearing in the lyrics of Manfred Krug, the rest of the lyrics never appear in the Krug song.

Peace

WAIT !!!!

I found the Papermill Sample of Madlip and MF Dooms Madvillain Song

Almost every word of the tune apperas in this track !!

- wird es schon gehen
    - irgendwann
    - man wird sehen

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    WAIT !!!!

I found the Papermill Sample of Madlip and MF Dooms Madvillain Song

Almost every word of the tune apperas in this track !!

- wird es schon gehen
    - irgendwann
    - man wird sehen

my ears are bleeding... acid gothic darkwave? Who can listen to this music voluntarily and deliberately?

Dudes....

some of the German strutteurs on here must know this...the flip is just crazy, especially with MF D?r?m starting his raps with "all day", which kind of fits...

Finally found the Original with a little help from a friend....and made a small "Instrumental" version....here you go:
    http://soundcloud.com/stickydojah/madvillain-papermill-og-sample

• There is a method to this madness... It's madness. DOOM's receipe since the K.M.D. days has been the uncanny ability to take something obscure, downtrodden and forgotten and turn it into gourmet. Now, I must admit, when he got with Madlib, it was a bit much, maybe too much. Both these guys grab those weird, and sometimes annoying samples and put them to beats to make magic happen. Madvillian isn't something that I can have on constant replay. As for the song Papermill, I had to give it a few, four maybe five listens before giving it a satisfactory rating, but partially because of my like of DOOM moreso than Madlib.

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    Finally found the Original with a little help from a friend....and made a small "Instrumental" version....here you go:
    http://soundcloud.com/stickydojah/madvillain-papermill-og-sample

nice find, doj. persistence pays off.

hopefully this will shut up all the idiots who thought it was that Krug tune

Props an Sticky Dojah & Renski !!!!!!!!

Hawkeye said:
    Great Krug tune, but now way is this the sample.

The sound of the voice is wrong, tempo is wrong, instrumentation is wrong, and here is nothing pitched or filtered too. The vocals of the Papermill sample are not apperaing in the Krug tune.

The Papermill sample lyrics are

- wird es schon gehen
    - irgendwann
    - man wird sehen

Only the word "morgen" and "heute" is appearing in the lyrics of Manfred Krug, the rest of the lyrics never appear in the Krug song.

Peace

I TOLD YA

Thanks for the props Hawkeye! For anyone interested, the OG can be found on teh German ebay ;)

• hey i cant stand secret squirrel auctions, but this of course is a different context.

hoping for mad comedy from the dueling beat completists.

herbacios tweed said:
    hey i cant stand secret squirrel auctions, but this of course is a different context.

...already started....

• sticky_dojah said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    hey i cant stand secret squirrel auctions, but this of course is a different context.

...already started....

Why can you not just tell us what it is?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    sweet...sample discovered...so now we have 2 songs that are kinda shitty