Rep a FEEL GOOD documentary...

2»

Comments

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    For those who like Word Wars, I would suggest reading, "Word Freak," by Stefan Fatsis. It's a great book.

i view the movie as pretty much the companion to the book

plus minutemen soundtrack

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    For those who like Word Wars, I would suggest reading, "Word Freak," by Stefan Fatsis. It's a great book.

Definitely! I shouted it out in my post as well.

Isn't there another Scrabble doc from around the same time that follows some of the same people as both Word Wars and Word Freak?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    I kind of thought word wars sucked (at least compared to Word Play, which I saw right before)

I saw Babies last night. Kind of cute overload, but was a lot of fun to watch.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Smile Pinki

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    "Babies" looks pretty cute. I want to watch it!

I recently watched "The September Issue" which is about the September issue of Vogue magazine and the editor Anna Wintour. It's not exactly action-packed, but I thought it was pretty interesting. If you're remotely interested in fashion, art, design or editing (and have some patience) you might like this. I found it pretty inspiring.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    The Inventions of Dr. Nakamats (dir. Kaspar Schroder, 2010)
    This biopic documentary of Dr. Nakamats, the inventor of the floppy disk, is wonderful. Old man wants to live to be 144 years old, and he has invented thousands of things -- most of them useless, but among them the floppy disk, which he sold to IBM in 1955. Other notable inventions: "LOVE JETS" a sexual favor for women. This movie is funny and strangely poignant.

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
    This Joan Rivers biopic will be in theaters next month. It is hilarious. Completely, utterly hilarious. If, like me, you forgot that Joan Rivers had a career before E!, see this movie and have the truth be revealed. She is bawdy, insecure, hard-working, and downright respectable. I hope the film reinvents her career, because I could use more Joan Rivers stand up in my life. Never thought I'd say that.

The Horse Boy (f/k/a over the mountains and far away)
    A film about a family that is trying to improve their son's autism. When the boy exhibits a calmness and comfort with horses that does not show elsewhere in his life, they begin researching the relationship between horses and humans, and the cultures that revere that relationship. They wind up travelling to Mongolia to see a shaman. Watch it and see.

Life.Support.Music
    This film starts when a semi-prominent studio musician suffers a massive anuerism while performing in New York. The film documents his treatment and remarkable recovery. I cried and cried at this film, but it is a) enlightening and b) satisfying (hope I'm not giving too much away there).

I could go on....

Enjoy!
    JRoot

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i love docu threads!

thanks for mentioning Anvil and I Like Killing Flies. Really enjoyed them.