sex and the city 2

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    so four people out of the entire strut like this show?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ah, if only defending this dogshit show (and movie) were as easy as painting its male detractors as hypermasculine.

the show is weak. like REAL weak. its like a female entourage. so there goes your masculine argument.

Give me the pre-cursors to Sex In The City?

I can give u more than enuff warmed over tuff guy Mafia scenarios that White dudes just salivate over in the past 30 years. So fuckin tired. Yet so deep and outside the Mafia trope. "its not really about that, its about real poeple who happen to be in the Mafia." Fuck outta here. Go write a paper about the season finale.

if you watch the show, she (Charlotte) is actually the (HOTTEST)freakiest out of all of them.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    if you watch the show, she (Charlotte) is actually the (HOTTEST)freakiest out of all of them.

this is true.

Ebert

U serious?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ah, if only defending this dogshit show (and movie) were as easy as painting its male detractors as hypermasculine.

the show is weak. like REAL weak. its like a female entourage. so there goes your masculine argument.

I can give u more than enuff warmed over tuff guy Mafia scenarios that White dudes just salivate over in the past 30 years. So fuckin tired. Yet so deep and outside the Mafia trope. "its not really about that, its about real poeple who happen to be in the Mafia." Fuck outta here. Go write a paper about the season finale.

hey like I said if you watched the whole sopranos series and only thought "gangster movie" then you missed a whole shit ton of stuff (maybe most of it). too bad for you I guess.

as for "white dudes" thats just one of the fill in the blank madlib strut thread phrases I guess. not sure what it means but this thread sure would not have been complete without it.

I dont recall the sopranos finale.

anyway arent you responding to the wrong quote of mine?

I wont front by the 3rd/4th season shit got silly, but IMO it was new ground for TV. As a New Yorker it pushed at alot of buttons for me. Locations/Female convo/SEX/Soap opera steez(which is way apparent in any of these big shows)/"fashion".

I totaliy understand if dudes find it corny.

hey like I said if you watched the whole sopranos series and only thought "gangster movie" then you missed a whole shit ton of stuff. too bad for you I guess.

as for "white dudes" thats just one of the fill in the blank madlib strut thread phrases I guess. not sure what it means but this thread sure would not have been complete without it.

I didnt miss shit.

its like a female entourage.

Entourage was the Male clone of Sex In The City.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon more like battymon am i rite

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

hey like I said if you watched the whole sopranos series and only thought "gangster movie" then you missed a whole shit ton of stuff. too bad for you I guess.

I didnt miss shit.

right but apparently I missed some really real NY "levels" to Sex and the City!

sorry man but I dont envy your arguing position in this thread - Sex/City > Sopranos....

sorry man but I dont envy your arguing position in this thread - Sex/City > Sopranos....

its cool - but as much as you can declare Sex In the City as corny - ill stick to my callin SOPRANOS........corny for my reasons, even if you havent given yours besides callin it trash.

batmon more like battymon am i rite

U wanna talk about the bad movies or about me? Who's really Gay here?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i was just making a bad joke sorry

actually related to the discussion, my girl who actually wants to see this had no idea it was in abu dhabi and then i felt ashamed to know it was before her

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    the net worth per capita there is something like $15million

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ebert

U serious?

What? I dunno if you never got the memo. But in the world of notable movie reviewers. Ebert is the man.

Ebert

U serious?

What? I dunno if you never got the memo. But in the world of notable movie reviewers. Ebert is the man.

In 2010 u actually follow, as a grown man, Roger Ebert's opinions on movies?

Seriously?!?

He's your barometer?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ...so what are you guys wearing?

so four people out of the entire strut like this show?

Naw, I thought some of the seasons were alright. But the 2 hour movies are majorly NAGL. My gurl took me to the last one and it put a stain on the decent qualities the show had IMO.

Glucose-Free Boxers

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think one can acknowledge the ways in which SATC was incredibly influential on pop culture and the public impression of New York in particular without having to also say, "and it was a great tv show." It had its moments as far as a semi-serialized drama and in some cases, especially Miranda, you saw some compelling character development over time. But the writing was never ever very strong, and it had an entire stable of stock characters and its class politics were hard to stomach.

I think the best thing about the show is its most obvious: its overt championing of female sexuality.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I was thinking my Uniqlo chinos, a Lucky Brand burgundy chambray button-up and navy blue Chucks. Whatchu think? To cazhhh?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Glucose-Free Boxers

hahaha! Do you mean gluten free? Sugarless panties?

Ebert

U serious?

Seriously?!?

He's your barometer?

I don't follow anyone opinion. I simply see things I find interest of some sorts.

But Ebert is the man. One could post a crapload of examples as proof.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I think the best thing about the show is its most obvious: its overt championing of female sexuality.

Are you a "Samantha"?

Jusssssssssssss playing. I agree, it did set the bar. I knew a lot of girls who tried to recreate the Samantha character because of the show--eeeeek.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I was thinking my Uniqlo chinos, a Lucky Brand burgundy chambray button-up and navy blue Chucks. Whatchu think? To cazhhh?

no accessorieesssssth?!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

I knew a lot of girls who tried to recreate the Samantha character because of the show--eeeeek.

that should be 'yaaaaay'.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Ebert

U serious?

Seriously?!?

He's your barometer?

I don't follow anyone opinion. I simply see things I find interest of some sorts.

Hey...and I can say..Ebert was a good tipper

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I knew a lot of girls who tried to recreate the Samantha character because of the show--eeeeek.

that should be 'yaaaaay'.

ha!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Ebert

U serious?

Seriously?!?

He's your barometer?

Hey...and I can say..Ebert was a good tipper

*PASUE*