Blog Here v.2.0

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Things that have interrupted my bliss:-My supe fires me before my final exam. Sorry I wasn't better at sorting mail and putting labels on boxes. -Final exams.-13% unemployment in my area.-People who have allergies and have to let the rest of us know how miserable they are. Please stop trying to explain what the tingly sensation in your nose feels like. I stopped listening like 6 springs ago.-The fact that someone told me they could tell I was upset because my skin was looking "yellow."Yeah, today was a bad day.

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Sake-marinated Alaskan Cod in shiso broth with shrimp wontions.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    My housemates really struggles to hear his own alarm in the morning. Of course it wakes me up instantly every single f*cking time.

Rings off at 6am for about 15 mins, dude eventually puts it on snooze, comes back on again at 6:30 for another 10 mins at least.

I'm too stubborn to wake this guy up, I don't see why I should do him the favour. It's much better to find out later that he didn't make it to work till 11 am.

This guy even has a secondary alarm that doesn't do shit!

Maybe I should get him some sort of vibrating shit that deaf people use.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    My housemates really struggles to hear his own alarm in the morning. Of course it wakes me up instantly every single f*cking time.

Rings off at 6am for about 15 mins, dude eventually puts it on snooze, comes back on again at 6:30 for another 10 mins at least.

I'm too stubborn to wake this guy up, I don't see why I should do him the favour. It's much better to find out later that he didn't make it to work till 11 am.

Cockerels are cheap.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Drank the perfect beer yesterday,
    I did a shoot at Heineken HQ and we filmed their 'perfect draft' guy in the executive bar.
    This bar was next door to Freddy's old office and overlooked the city. I was so stoked to be there.
    Best beer I ever had.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Our neighbour has a cockerel.

I have been slowly training the cat that visits our garden how to unlock hen house gates with its paws.

Speaking of gardens and the like spent a very pleasant few hours clearing rat shit out of the shed on Friday night before getting joyfully drunk, waking up Saturday morning and remembering I had to cart all the bags of junk to the dump. Sitting extremely hung over in a car stuffed to bursting point with bin bags full of tarnished goods while the sun blazed on me was one of the least enjoyable things I've done in a while.

Suspect they may have found a way into the kitchen behind the cupboards now. Don't know whether to hate the fact I have an old house, my neighbours for whatever entry point they've left open, the previous owners for the cack handed job they did shoring up these kinds of things or just life in general.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    THIS DANNY KRIVIT INTRODUCES P&P RECORDS COMP IS RIDICULOUS

rat shit

Be careful with this - dad's best mate died of Weil's disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptospirosis) a couple of years back after cleaning out a rat-infested house.

Damn, I've not been in the best of states but my girl has been vomiting the last few days which I had assumed was to do with the whole process but nothing more serious than that - I'll see how she is tonight and maybe get her to go to the doctor. Cheers for the heads up Jimster.

I wouln't leave it even that long, A*i. Serious, dude was super-fit, collapsed the same night, coma, organs failed over the next week.

Yeah think you're right, think I'm basically ok but going to ring up and check on her now and send her to the doctors. We were generally pretty careful with it all though so hopefully not had the same kind of exposure as your dad's best friend.

Add this to the list of things I owe you a beer for.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Yeah the compost heap I made for my non-existent vegtable patch and the fact my garden backs onto a train track 20 feet below seems to have attracted rats, as I saw one on the fence post the other day.

Gonna have to borrow my dads Rabbit Stopper and if I hit the annoyingly loud pikey kids upstairs well, that's just too bad.

Gonna have to tackle the garden this weekend, as I think the overgrown hedgery taking over my rockery has knocked my sky dish out of whack

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I did a shoot at Heineken HQ and we filmed their 'perfect draft' guy in the executive bar.
    This bar was next door to Freddy's old office and overlooked the city. I was so stoked to be there.
    Best beer I ever had.

If the best beer you've ever had is a Heineken, you've failed at beer.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Best beer I ever had.

sayin. Crustees who have been drinking crud light and miller light for decades try Heine,think its the best beer.

Its not even a top fifty beer for me. US version of Heine is different and distasteful to the real Dutch version anyways. I would put Amstel Light ahead of Heine.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I am turning 26 this year and I really need a change of job, location and experiences.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    definitely the time to do it.

i'm going to see hair the musical on friday. where do i go, follow the river?

Just done some research into this and thankfully looks like it's mice rather than rats which makes sense since I don't live in a dump and we're right by fields (Suffolk border related). Feel a bit better about the whole thing now and gonna start off with one of those sonic repellent type deals.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I hear you.
    The company i worked for went bust. I was unemployed for two weeks and then my old boss asked me to come back and work for his new company.
    So here i am sitting here wondering what the fusk im doing with my life and also if we'll be in business next week. At least i can pay my rent now.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

1 : Picking a brand new copy of Logic Express 9 up on ebay for ?50.

2 : Grabbing a cheap copy of the Atorie 12" from Discogs.

3 : House sale seems to be going according to plan. (Fingers crossed!)

1 : Waiting on confirmation of a big(ish) freelance job.

2 : Also waiting on CRB to enable a career change.

3 : It's warmer but the sun has gone into hiding !

• I find that I'm spending about 3-4 hours a day filling out applications for jobs I'm both qualified and over-qualified for. Oh, the job hunt sucks wookie balls!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    nothing to complain about here

-won $$ from the Kentucky Derby betting on Super Saver (would have won on the Preakness if there wasn't so much online traffic to place my bet before post time)

-fancypants vegas excursion last weekend followed by big sur camping trip this weekend

-new love for cooking

-co-habitation next month

-new batch of homebrew! here's the label

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    hey Edith Head,

i recently realized where your username is from! my lady-friend has been on a Hitchcock kick & watching opening credits made a light bulb go on in my head and made me think of you (whoever you are). that's good shit!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    ha, yep! she is my favorite costume designer and i always found her name slightly hilarious

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Great news from Texas this spring is that Austin has truly become a crawfish boil city. Every single weekend it seems there are multiple boils to choose from. Most are in backyards, some are deejayed, some have bands, some are at tailgates for sporting events. But damn, pre-oil spill disaster has been bountiful for Louisiana Cajuns exporting their mudbugs to Austin. Makes me want to look into starting up a crawfish farm somewhere here in Austin. I'm serious about that, someone needs to run with that idea if not me.

The one downside to all the boils that have been popping off here in town is that leave it to Texans to get carried away with trying to make their batches as spicy hot as possible. Believe me, I love some spicy hot...but c'mon now, let's not forgoe flavor for heat. The idea is to hang out and eat crawfish for hours on end. The ish can't be so spicy that even veterans can only eat like 6 crawfish at a time before needing to step away from the table. And, while sausage is indeed a welcomed extra ingredient, even turkey necks if you got em...I'm not so sure that boiling an entire brisket is really all that great an idea.

But yeah, yet another boil to go to this weekend. And this one I'm actually more interested in than others as it's also going to be doling out raw oysters by the dozen. I was watching a Man vs. Food episode the other night where dude had to down 16 dozen oysters in an hour. Sheeeit, I was doing that routinely when I was 9 years old. Back in high school a friend of mine worked on an oyster boat one summer out of Galveston and he'd bring me freezer bag upon freezer bag of peeled oysters to indulge in and trust that I did so like a champ. Anyway, can't wait to see how many they're going to allow me to eat at the boil on Sunday.

Also, and this started pre-Super Bowl victory...I now see Saints stickers and shirts all over Austin. These are the high wire days, for sure.

Funnily enough saw an episode of Colombo the other day where Edith Head popped up in a cameo. She chose a tie for the detective which set off the colour in his eye beautifully.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Best beer I ever had.

Ha! Be sure to tell my wife I failed at beer!

But of course I was referring to the whole experience.
    Being in that building where Freddy worked is a great thing as an Amsterdammer.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

this looks awesome!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I find that I'm spending about 3-4 hours a day filling out applications for jobs I'm both qualified and over-qualified for. Oh, the job hunt sucks wookie balls!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

I don't know how people can sleep through loud alarms. I use my phone as an alarm and the vibrate startles me awake every morning. Anything louder than that and I'd probably have a heart attack.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I just sent my Passport renewal in and I got my ticket to Europe for this fall. Now I just need to save every scrap of cash I can from now until september.

-Houston people come buy my records.

-Europe people let's correspond, maybe I'll get a chance to meet some of you. Especially if you live in:

-Definite places of visitation: Venice, Prague, Paris.
    -Other potential places of visitation: Spain, Portugal, Germany, Hungary, Holland

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Good: Closed Escrow on New House (those that know me know this has been the worst 7 months ever - fuc** short sales)

Bad: Time to demo. Who the fu** paints a bathroom purple???!! HUH??!! WHO!