Chicken Strut (NMetersR)

E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Was planning on doing some southern fried chicken for a couple friends that are coming over for dinner this week.Any good recipes you could reccomend? Southern Fried Chicken. Chinese. Whatevers good!I heard the double batter technique is the way to go as well as adding quite some spices to the equasion.Don't ask why it has to be fried chicken, I just had the idea err craving pop up in my head please enlighten me with the mighty chicken

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    double battering is a must.
    I always use crushed potato chips.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    no breadcrum or is it fist layer breadcrums second potato chips?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    no breadcrum or is it fist layer breadcrums second potato chips?

bread or cracker crumb, flour, corn stark. Just something a bit finer. You'll never look back!

• no breadcrum or is it fist layer breadcrums second potato chips?

bread or cracker crumb, flour, corn stark. Just something a bit finer. You'll never look back!

personally...i marinate the chicken overnight. also could soak in milk as well. garlic. fresh parm.
    depends on what taste you want.
    saltines, flour, double batter is the move.

I have the feeling I will have to give it a few tries before I nail it.

I read about the overnight buttermilk thing.
    Heard good things as well as that it doesn't do a lot to the taste.

Damnit I'm so hungry now hah

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I have the feeling I will have to give it a few tries before I nail it.

Make sure you batter them in a bag. You can really get your shake on and they will be completely covered. The milk shot is the move though. Some people prefer to dip in egg before battering. I mix milk & egg sometimes, either or. Just always go from batter straight to the pan and make sure the grease is hot & poppin.

great advice man,

I'll definitely report on my first try.

Perhaps I should cook one of my strong dishes for the friends until I master the frying though

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Try it once for yourself. Get a little pack of wings or drumsticks. It's pretty simple, you'll impress yourself!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    OH I almost forgot. USE OLIVE OIL!! I like to use this coz it mostly runs off the chicken after you fry it, it's not all greasy and shit.