F**k Arizona!

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Once again.May you be cursed with Mexican haircuts and salty pizza.Kick your state in with my big brown foot.Fusk you.

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Wait for it.....

....here it comes.....

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    What pathetic human beings we have in this country.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I would gladly donate to help all of the Mexican's and or other immigrants in Arizona move to another state. There will be no one left to get any actual work done. The states economy would collapse in a matter of days. Bunch of old retirees with too much time on their hands.

Can this law possibly hold up in the USSC?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Is it constitutional to run an ID check on the mere suspicion of being illegal?? Damn.

Herm, Pacman, how do you guys feel about this?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Herm can't come to the internets he is busy getting his ID checked.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Herm forgot his wallet at home and got deported.
    See: Born In East LA for close to actual account of his current ordeal.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Quite sad really.

As someone who has lived/worked and gone to school there. I really really love the place.

But these type of policies and a certain sheriff makes me never want to come back again.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    herm and pacman have been detained for questioning.

it's like arizona is one of those b-list celebrities that figures any publicity is good publicity.

fusk that state. i think mexico should kick all the zonies out. economic sanctions. protectionist tariffs. all of it.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Ha ha! Dicks! This is bullshit. The majority of our police force is Mexican! Protests going on like crazy over here. I live smack dab in a target area. They raided a few shuttle (AZ-to-Mex) companies near my house last week. I live 40 minutes from the border. I love my city but so goddamn embarrassed of my state. I'm waiting for the day I get racially profiled. Shit, I'll bump the hell out of some banda
    music like "pull me over, b*tch!"

Anyone see that Colbert clip? Dude was hilarious. ICE MEXICANS! I can post it later tonight.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    some shameful hateful shit...into law

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Are y'all against having immigration laws altogether or just the method that Arizona is using to enforce theirs.

• yeah , this is really is some shameful shit. i was arguing w/a co-worker yesterday, and all anyone seems to have to say is, 'fusk illegals! they can't even speak English!!'

and i guess this makes it illegal to stand outside of Home Depot while Mexican, too?

also, don't forget the law that was passed last week that makes it legal to carry a concealed weapon w/out a permit...

• Roc

I knew you would chime in.

I don't believe any american, legal or otherwise, should have to carry around thier birth certificate let alone be asked to present it based on thier skin color, what they are wearing or how they talk.

This country was founded on an idea, not a race.

I hope that truck driver and his wife sue the living shit out of that state.

You wanted all of us migrants here so you coul break your unions, build your railoads and provide you with cheap vegetables.

Deal with it.

But, you know, white power!!!

I knew you would chime in.

I knew you wouldn't answer a very simple question.

Should the U.S. have immigration laws??

Yes or No

And if yes, how should they properly enforce them?

And fusk you and your white power comment.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't have a problem with illegal immigration. But the laws are on the books and the US can enforce them as they see fit. 99% of the immigrants coming here understand the stakes and are willing to risk deportation. The situation in AZ, however, goes into Nazi territory and I'm not at all cool with that.

This country runs on a huge amount of underpaid labor that US citizens won't do or at least won't do well. That's always been the case and it's not going to change. It seems like there's this idea that if only we kick the Maxicans out, Good Ol' White Folks will be able to do their jobs, but for better wages. That's fantasy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Looks like McCain might loose his primary.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It ain't a whole lot different in the UK. For over thirty years of my life, I've been hearing people saying that, in ten years time, white people will be the minority in this country unless immigration laws are tightened up. Over thirty years later, white folks are still the majority, immigrants are still doing the jobs that white folks won't do - or, in the case of the Eastern European doctors and teachers who earn more over here as labourers than they do as professionals at home, doing a better job at a cheaper rate - and paranoid, reactionary right-wingers are still arguing that we need to take a tougher line on immigration.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    If the Democrats push immigration reform before the mid-term elections, there will be infighting between Republicans and Tea Party people. And both those groups can kiss the Latino, Asian, and Irish vote goodbye.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    There is no point in this getting further than a 2 page thread. There shouldn't be 1 person on here that doesn't realise how wrong it is to be able to be pulled over for being brown.

• Right. That's my point.

I wasn't aiming the white power commen at you specifically roc, but if you want to defend this law, that shoe fits.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Looks like McCain might loose his primary.

I haven't been paying super-close attention to this race, what with me not being an AZ resident and all, but what I've heard is pretty wacky. I guess the other dude is teabagging McCain, and in response, ol' Johnny Mac had to get the Teabagger Queen herself, Sarah Palin, to come speak on his behalf. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I am not familiar with Wallis or his organization Sojourner, whether or not he's one of the "good guys" or not...this piece has a decidely Christian bent to it.
    I am reposting it because the sections I put in bold really resonated with me.

Jim Wallis
    Founder of Sojourners; speaker, author, activist

Arizona's Immigration Bill Is a Social and Racial Sin

I got up at 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning to fly to Phoenix, Arizona, to speak at a press conference and rally at the State Capitol at the invitation of the state's clergy and other leaders in the immigration reform movement. The harshest enforcement bill in the country against undocumented immigrants just passed the Arizona state House and Senate, and is only awaiting the signature of Governor Janet Brewer to become law.

Senate Bill 1070 would require law enforcement officials in the state of Arizona to investigate someone's immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion" that the person might be undocumented. I wonder who that would be, and if anybody who doesn't have brown skin will be investigated. Those without identification papers, even if they are legal, are subject to arrest; so don't forget your wallet on your way to work if you are Hispanic in Arizona. You can also be arrested if you are stopped and are simply with people who are undocumented -- even if they are your family. Parents or children of "mixed-status families" (made up of legal and undocumented, as many immigrant families are out here) could be arrested if they are found together. You can be arrested if you are "transporting or harboring" undocumented people. Some might consider driving immigrant families to and from church to be Christian ministry -- but it will now be illegal in Arizona.

For the first time, all law enforcement officers in the state will be enlisted to hunt down undocumented people, which will clearly distract them from going after truly violent criminals, and will focus them on mostly harmless families whose work supports the economy and who contribute to their communities. And do you think undocumented parents will now go to the police if their daughter is raped or their family becomes a victim of violent crime? [/b] Maybe that's why the state association of police chiefs is against SB 1070.

This proposed law is not only mean-spirited -- it will be ineffective and will only serve to further divide communities in Arizona, making everyone more fearful and less safe. This radical new measure, which crosses many moral and legal lines, is a clear demonstration of the fundamental mistake of separating enforcement from comprehensive immigration reform. We all want to live in a nation of laws, and the immigration system in the U.S. is so broken that is serving no one well. But enforcement without reform of the system is merely cruel. Enforcement without compassion is immoral. [/b]Enforcement that breaks up families is unacceptable. And enforcement of this law would force us to violate our Christian conscience, which we simply will not do. It makes it illegal to love your neighbor in Arizona.

Before the rally and press event, I visited some immigrant families who work at Neighborhood Ministries, an impressive community organization affiliated with Sojourners' friends at the Christian Community Development Association. I met a group of women who were frightened by the raids that have been occurring, in which armed men invade their homes and neighborhoods with guns and helicopters. When the rumors of massive raids spread, many of these people flee both their homes and their workplaces, and head for The Church at The Neighborhood Center as the only place they feel safe and secure. But will police invade the churches if they are suspected of "harboring" undocumented people, because it is the law? Will the nurse practitioner I met at their medical clinic serving only uninsured people be arrested for being "with" the children of families who are here illegally as she treats them?

At the rally, I started with the words of Jesus (which drew cheers from the crowd gathered at the State Capitol), who instructed his disciples to "welcome the stranger," and said that whatever we do to "the least of these, who are members of my family" we do to him. I think that means that to obey Jesus and his gospel will mean to disobey SB 1070 in Arizona. I looked at the governor's Executive Tower and promised that many Christians in Arizona won't comply with this law because the people they will target will be members of our "family" in the body of Christ. And any attack against them is an attack against us, and the One we follow.

Catholic Cardinal Roger Mahony of Los Angeles just called this Arizona measure "the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless immigration law" in the land. On CNN, I defended the Cardinal's comments, which likened the requirement of people always carrying their "papers" to the most oppressive regimes of Nazism and Communism. I wonder whether the tea party movement that rails against government intrusion will rail against this law, or whether those who resist the forced government registration of their guns will resist the forced government requirement that immigrants must always carry their documentation. Will the true conservatives please stand up here? We are all waiting.

Arizona's SB 1070 must be named as a social and racial sin, and should be denounced as such by people of faith and conscience across the nation. This is not just about Arizona, but about all of us, and about what kind of country we want to be. It's time to stand up to this new strategy of "deportation by attrition," which I heard for the first time today in Arizona. It is a policy of deliberate political cruelty, and it should be remembered that "attrition" is a term of war. Arizona is deciding whether to wage war on the body of Christ. We should say that if you come after one part of the body, you come after all of us.

Right. That's my point.

I wasn't aiming the white power commen at you specifically roc, but if you want to defend this law, that shoe fits.

Tell you what, show me where I defended anydamnthing and I'll take back my fusk you too.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I can't believe this shit is still going on.

Cecil Ash is fucked

Or McCain

http://gawker.com/5520748/john-mccain-immigrants-are-crashing-cars-on-purpose

"It's the drive-by that ? the drivers of cars with illegals in it that are intentionally causing accidents on the freeway. Look, our border is not secured. Our citizens are not safe."

Lawd have mercy...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just so we're clear: the bill is not yet law. AZ gov could veto.

Even if it passes, the odds of it holding up in the Supreme Court are tough; most of the similar provisions in 187 in CA got struck down.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Yes or No

The US does have immigration laws but the government has been either unwilling or incapable of enforcing them, not the least of which is because there's a lot more political influence spent by employers to keep away than there is citizen mobilization to enforce them or make them more punitive. Keep in mind, every state in the union has a higher # of immigrants, AZ just happens to be one of the few states that's pushing mega-hard on the issue.

The issue of enforcement isn't just academic, so it's hard to ask what would be considered "proper" enforcement. For some, it means mass deportation; which is neither realistic (logistically or cost-wise) nor ethical (given that Americans benefit from that illegal labor). For others, it means amnesty but that creates long-term concerns about having any kind of enforceable policy in the future.

BOTTOMLINE: The police should are not be responsible to act like the INS/ICE/whatever. We have an entire wing of the federal bureaucracy tasked with that; make THEM do it.

Not like it could happen magically, but imagine if every Latino, legal, illegal or whatever, left AZ tomorrow. Can you imagine how fast that state would collapse?

Yes or No

The US does have immigration laws but the government has been either unwilling or incapable of enforcing them, not the least of which is because there's a lot more political influence spent by employers to keep away than there is citizen mobilization to enforce them or make them more punitive. Keep in mind, every state in the union has a higher # of immigrants, AZ just happens to be one of the few states that's pushing mega-hard on the issue.

The issue of enforcement isn't just academic, so it's hard to ask what would be considered "proper" enforcement. For some, it means mass deportation; which is neither realistic (logistically or cost-wise) nor ethical (given that Americans benefit from that illegal labor). For others, it means amnesty but that creates long-term concerns about having any kind of enforceable policy in the future.

BOTTOMLINE: The police should are not be responsible to act like the INS/ICE/whatever. We have an entire wing of the federal bureaucracy tasked with that; make THEM do it.

Not like it could happen magically, but imagine if every Latino, legal, illegal or whatever, left AZ tomorrow. Can you imagine how fast that state would collapse?

Yep.

A suburb of Dallas recently made national news by passing an ordinance that made it illegal to rent an apartment or home to an illegal immigrant. The Federal courts overturned the ordinance saying it was not up to local authorities to enforce what is ultimately a Federal law. The local authorities then complained that they would not have to do this if the Feds did their job and enforced the law.

Not like it could happen magically, but imagine if every Latino, legal, illegal or whatever, left AZ tomorrow. Can you imagine how fast the States[/b] would collapse?

Not like it could happen magically, but imagine if every Latino, legal, illegal or whatever, left AZ tomorrow. Can you imagine how fast the States[/b] would collapse?

I mean, look at how quickly this place fell to sh*t after King Moist left!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    My dad and grandmother constantly go off on their "I don't mean to be a bigot, but Mexicans in California are sucking social services dry and a hard working white folks like us take it in the ass" bullshit. It's embarassing as hell when I visit with them in a public place and one of them has pipe up with that crap. Same deal with "Obama is going to make this country Communist". Speak not on what you fucking know not.