Sage Francis - Best of Times. What ya think?

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/sfr-audio/_common/Sage_Francis_Best_of_Times.mp3Im admittedly kinda emo with my rap taste... but Im curious to see how soulstrut feels about this song. I think its really really well done. Im not on any sort of street team or anything, I just think some of you might get turned onto something cool that you might've otherwise missed, or you might hate it.

Comments

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    hate it.

• Post deleted by fishmongerfunk

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm reminded of that old "deep thoughts" with jack handy:

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    It's the thought that counts. There are times when I find myself liking songs outside of my normal genres. But having gone through a little bit of a Biggie appreciation/retrospect these last couple weeks -- holy shit. I hate Sage Francis and everything he has ever tried to do.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Wait, people still have "street teams"?

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    I really like it, I like a lot of his work now, over the last 6 years or so I've really got into his stuff.
    I think I prefere his recent 'slow man' track, but sure his one will be a grower.

Looking forward to the album dropping soon.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Just found out this track was produced by Yann Tiersen who is the guy who did the Amelie soundtrack. I know the Amelie ost has had some praise on here in the past.

Don't think that bit of info is going to win over anyone who isn't into Sage Francis but it did strike me as an interesting collaberation.

• what is good about this

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

• It's alright, but it's not something I would likely revisit. Emo it may be, but emotionless I am towards it.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm reminded of that old "deep thoughts" with jack handy:

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

I love Deep thoughts!

b/w/

I ride for Sage Francis

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I don't like the music-- it's way overwrought for my taste.

Writing is fine as it is always with him, but overall "Slow Man" is a much better song.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

Having now gotten home from work and actually listened to this, I retract my previous statement about riding for Sage.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The music is pretty. Its him poncetificating over it that is awful.

pontificating?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I believe Gary had it right the first time.