Michael Bay to remake Rosemary's Baby

2»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Bay remaking the Birds makes more sense to me.

Cue slow motion shot of Megan Fox exiting a Beverly Hills mansion riding on a jet black Kawasaki Ninja in booty shorts and a black corset.
    Follow her crystal clear blue eye *sparkle effect* down, and zoom in on the speedometer reading 300 million miles per hour.
    Pan back to shot of mansion blowing up, resume normal shooting speed, as Fox wheelies down the driveway.
    Cut to overhead shot of Kawasaki Ninja with a quickly overtaking shadow of a bird, wingspan 100 meters.
    Cut to Fox's blue eye *sparkle effect* widening in alarm.
    Cut back to show swarm of 1,014 mutant fanged ravens chasing her down the PCH...

Ahahahaha!

I am all for this thread being a compilation of fake & imagined Michael Bay film treatments. i love that you put Fox in a corset & booty shorts, and the PCH mention was a nice touch. Bravo.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    this is a joke, right?

Published on: April 01 2010 at 02:04 PM[/b]

I already tried saying that above, but was corrected since the following article was not published on april fools:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1264472120080313

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    A little off-topic, but I am currently reading a book my dad bought me on a whim: H.G. Wells' The King Who Was A King. It's from the '20s and his sarcastic gripes about directors and producers sourcing the same old tried-and-true material (Biblical stories, Roman/Greek mythology, revisionist accounts of wars in the past few centuries and various costume dramas) are just as relevant as they are today.

With the vast weatlth of information, books, uber-obscure movies, news from around the world and so forth made easily available to the public today...film makers are STILL hanging onto the same molds?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    A little off-topic, but I am currently reading a book my dad bought me on a whim: H.G. Wells' The King Who Was A King. It's from the '20s and his sarcastic gripes about directors and producers sourcing the same old tried-and-true material (Biblical stories, Roman/Greek mythology, revisionist accounts of wars in the past few centuries and various costume dramas) are just as relevant as they are today.

With the vast weatlth of information, books, uber-obscure movies, news from around the world and so forth made easily available to the public today...film makers are STILL hanging onto the same molds?

Let's be fair - it's not just filmmakers, it's also studios.

From a *financial* point of view, a remake seems like a better investment in some cases than taking your chance on something new and untested. That, of course, has zero to do with creativity but for studios, it's a business first ergo remake-remake-remake.

And co-sign that an MB remake of "The Birds" makes more sense than remaking "Rosemary's Baby."

Hey, how about this question: what film would you WANT to see Bey try to remake? I think he could do a half-assed decent "Dirty Dozen" style remake, no?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Do you know any Star Wars fan who thinks Lucas has done anything *good* to the franchise since the original trilogy?

Oddly enough, I'm going to see this in May.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Let's be fair - it's not just filmmakers, it's also studios.

From a *financial* point of view, a remake seems like a better investment in some cases than taking your chance on something new and untested. That, of course, has zero to do with creativity but for studios, it's a business first ergo remake-remake-remake.

And co-sign that an MB remake of "The Birds" makes more sense than remaking "Rosemary's Baby."

Hey, how about this question: what film would you WANT to see Bey try to remake? I think he could do a half-assed decent "Dirty Dozen" style remake, no?

I think about this sometimes.

A remake of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde could be awesome.

• http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?entry_id=60406

I wonder if he's going to blow up Rosemary after she gives birth

My thoughts exactly. He;s gonna ruin it!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd like to see Bey remake -

Krull and Nighthawks

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Excited about slow mo gleaming shots of Rosemary shopping, making a phone call etc all soundtracked to some pumping rock

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wanna see Bey remake Stone Cold starring Michael Vick.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

Krull and Nighthawks

I could see Bay giving "Night of the Comet" a go.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Krull and Nighthawks

I could see Bay giving "Night of the Comet" a go.

Flash Gordon.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The Last Starfighter

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Krull

definitely.

Kind of perfect actually. You need some element of camp in a good Bey film and "Krull" delivers for days.

Don't know about Nighthawks though. Underrated flick IMO.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The Thing With Two Heads with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The Last Starfighter

Pfffffttt. No more space remakes. UNLESS...

Remake of Starcrash!!!!