Poster Game...

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Curious to see what some of ya'll have in yer poster stash. Used to be much more into it and am slowly starting to be on the prowl again (however Marcos Valle concert posters aren't exactly easy to come by). Here are just a few of the joints I have in my office --- The Time one recently took a spill, hence the broken glass What ya'll got???

Comments

• just copped these two a couple weeks ago from homeboy who works at the specialty dvd spot.....

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I have a bunch of vintage Hebrew-language movie posters (action and kung fu genres) and a bunch of old MMA event posters (early Pride stuff mostly). Sorry no pics (and yet it happened!).

• A good friend gave me this for my birthday a few years back, 1980's MET anti-graffiti campaign poster.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

And others that I have hanging in my room but didn't take pictures of while I had a working camera. Search Google Images.

Black and white "liquor store" picture on War's All Day Music
    Mitchell movie poster ("Brute Force With A Badge!")
    Cover of Exuma's Reincarnation ("Walk With All Spirits, Good and Bad")

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few random ones hanging in my studio.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    A good friend gave me this for my birthday a few years back, 1980's MET anti-graffiti campaign poster.

this is pretty great.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I have a NYC subway map laminated to foamcore. I always liked that map, and the way it looked. It's a version from a few years ago, when NYC was lobbying for the 2010 Olympics, and so they have all the hypothetical sites for the events marked as well.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The most consistently excellent run of albums over a 20+ year span of any band out there.

File under SophistiLounge.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The most consistently excellent run of albums over a 20+ year span of any band out there.

File under SophistiLounge.

I ride for Swing Out Sister. I have a bunch of their CDs that I used to always cop in Japan. They have always been very big in Japan. The live at the Jazz Cafe set is real dope. They are one of my favorite pop groups.

Nice one, Chan.

People be fooled into thinking its all 'Breakout' steeze.

I saw them at the Jazz Cafe circa mid 90s and they were superlative.

Every album different but all of a connected piece.

• Framed up and hanging in our living room:

in the flat files... too many to start going through!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

You posted that before. I owe you a lot of thanks because I had no idea there was a poster in that record--which is a record I see (and pass) all the time. But thanks to you I 've found several of those posters in the past year. They make great gifts.

Did you have that framed professionally or can I get something like from Ikea or whatever?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

the evil dead II poster is red but looks coral here for some reason

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Hamburger's posters are not to be trifled with --- thems no joke.

I wish I had images of my movie posters....got b-movie HEAT...

I'll have to take some shots at the joints I got at home...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I've been procrastinating and haven't yet had this one framed, but it's still one of my favorites:

• I've been procrastinating and haven't yet had this one framed, but it's still one of my favorites:

• Framed up and hanging in our living room:

in the flat files... too many to start going through!

These are wild, who did them and when?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I have a bunch of vintage Hebrew-language movie posters (action and kung fu genres) and a bunch of old MMA event posters (early Pride stuff mostly). Sorry no pics (and yet it happened!).

Sup with those Dream posters? Dream 7, 8, and 10 posters were all amazing.

Sup with those Dream posters? Dream 7, 8, and 10 posters were all amazing.

yeah the Dream ones were cool. I don't have any of those.

The Pride ones seem to break down into two categories: The English language ones were more standard fight posters showing the fighters, some graphic logo for the event, the card, the time, etc. The Japanese ones were way more out there, more design-oriented, ones that would never fly with Pride's English-speaking meathead audience.

One I've been looking for forever is the image of the dude's hand grasping the top of the mountain at the very bottom of the poster, with a bunch of negative space up top. Here's a few more of the cooler Japanese ones. The sperm one is rad.

this one is rad; Im not even sure it exists as a poster; maybe only a print ad.

• pimlicosquirrel - the artist's name is Charley Harper.
    He did about 10 different posters for the National Parks Service in the early 1980s but his career spanned from the 1960s up through just before his death is 2007.

Booyaaaaaaaow: http://www.charleyharperprints.com

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• Wow, that Home Alone poster is actually pretty great!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

You posted that before. I owe you a lot of thanks because I had no idea there was a poster in that record--which is a record I see (and pass) all the time. But thanks to you I 've found several of those posters in the past year. They make great gifts.

Did you have that framed professionally or can I get something like from Ikea or whatever?

I got it framed professionally. Funny thing is, I got rid of the record. Now I want another copy because I thought it would look cool to put in the bar I work at. Wouldn't you know it. I haven't seen the record since. I know it will turn up again...but still