Chapelle Show OVA

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2005/08/03/chappelles_show_is_done_murphy_says/Chappelle's show is 'done,' Murphy saysAugust 3, 2005NEW YORK --Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars. "`Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said."I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. "`Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.Murphy, the older brother of comic Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star."Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

Comments

• How much of that $50MIL does he have to give back now???

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    `Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    inevitable

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    So, the purpose of The Dave Chappelle Show was to launch Charlie Murphy's career?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    So, the purpose of The Dave Chappelle Show was to launch Charlie Murphy's career?

If you're Charlie Murphy, that sounds like as good an idea as any!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    In the whole grand scheme of things, yes.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    He's still on fire and recieving all kinds of TV offers, albiet not from FOX. One door shutting is just another opening. Moreover, from what I've read, he' has spate of movie offers. Even better, the medium of film will allow him to be as racy and incendiary as he wants to be-something self-limiting with television programming. Looking forward to his next movie. Peace.

• He's still on fire and recieving all kinds of TV offers, albiet not from FOX. One door shutting is just another opening. Moreover, from what I've read, he' has spate of movie offers. Even better, the medium of film will allow him to be as racy and incendiary as he wants to be-something self-limiting with television programming. Looking forward to his next movie. Peace.

What are you, his agent???

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    He's still on fire and recieving all kinds of TV offers, albiet not from FOX. One door shutting is just another opening. Moreover, from what I've read, he' has spate of movie offers. Even better, the medium of film will allow him to be as racy and incendiary as he wants to be-something self-limiting with television programming. Looking forward to his next movie. Peace.
    Are you talking about Chappelle or Murphy?

Sorry, I'm talking about Chapelle. No, I'm not his agent, just a hardcore fan. I only know these things because I read everything I can about Chapelle. White Power. Peace.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Let it be done then. Better that than a 1/2 ass season.

Signed,

Just A Hardcore Fan

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

shit just made me laugh out loud.

I'm sorry but let me be the first to say that Chappelle needs to toughen up. You don't sign this mega multi-millioin deal and then do nothing. A Small network took a chance on him and he just shitted on them. Yes I understand that he may have a lot of issues right now, but man to keep something hanging for so long is wrong (both for the fans, and the cast & Crew).

I hope one day he can come back as strong as he was during Season 2.

I can also see offers drying up for chappelle as well. Yes he is bankable, but he is also someone who just burned a network in one of the most lucrative deals ever.

I'm interested to see his career trajectory in 3 years

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Even better, the medium of film will allow him to be as racy and incendiary as he wants to be-something self-limiting with television programming

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

It couldn't be his agent - note the absence of the word "edgy."

• maybe one day you can spit in his coffee

"and that... that's for a certain small network you SHITTED ON."

The Guzzo Beef Patrol never sleeps...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm sorry but let me be the first to say that Chappelle needs to toughen up. You don't sign this mega multi-millioin deal and then do nothing. A Small network took a chance on him and he just shitted on them. Yes I understand that he may have a lot of issues right now, but man to keep something hanging for so long is wrong (both for the fans, and the cast & Crew).

I can also see offers drying up for chappelle as well. Yes he is bankable, but he is also someone who just burned a network in one of the most lucrative deals ever.

dude's some very very smart dr. dre shit...he'd rather do nothin at all than release some bullshit he doesn't like.

and no way the offers will dry up. some might but there are still plenty of studious willing to take a chance with arguably the biggest comedian on the planet right now.

WTF racy IS edgy. They're synonomous with each other. Racy is an indecent, improper or lurid perception of human events. I'm still not his agent, but I don't like it when people don't know what they're talking about. Hate on hatters

• WTF racy IS edgy. They're synonomous with each other. Racy is an indecent, improper or lurid perception of human events. I'm still not his agent, but I don't like it when people don't know what they're talking about. Hate on hatters

Oh wait...it's not his agent, it's his girlfriend[/b]...

• He's still on fire and recieving all kinds of TV offers, albiet not from FOX. One door shutting is just another opening. Moreover, from what I've read, he' has spate of movie offers. Even better, the medium of film will allow him to be as racy and incendiary as he wants to be-something self-limiting with television programming. Looking forward to his next movie. Peace.

Yes, Young Guzzo telling somebody to "toughen up" and how to deal with his emotions.

armchuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr

• WTF racy IS edgy. They're synonomous with each other. Racy is an indecent, improper or lurid perception of human events. I'm still not his agent, but I don't like it when people don't know what they're talking about. Hate on hatters

fine you're not his agent, you're his PR handler.

Is his wife bangin', btw?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    maybe one day you can spit in his coffee

sayin'

• just for clarification, is it safe to say that dave chappelle is making a "bitch move" or should i simply just "keep his name out my mouth"?

um, what?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Sorry, I'm talking about Chapelle. No, I'm not his agent, just a hardcore fan. I only know these things because I read everything I can about Chapelle. White Power.[/b] Peace.

sayin'

I am growing increasingly concerned about your state of comebacks. I used to look up to you and idolize your style. I mean I would sit in my room looking out at the real world thinking "man Funky Guzzo must be so fucking dope. He's emo as fuck" but lately I've been feeling dissapointment while looking at your responses. I am truly starting to worry and hope that there is nothing wrong. Hopefully your just groggy and soon you will wake up and become the glorious Guzzle I came to know and love.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    glorious Guzzle I came

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    maybe one day you can spit in his coffee

sayin'

I am growing increasingly concerned about your state of comebacks. I used to look up to you and idolize your style. I mean I would sit in my room looking out at the real world thinking "man Funky Guzzo must be so fucking dope. He's emo as fuck" but lately I've been feeling dissapointment while looking at your responses. I am truly starting to worry and hope that there is nothing wrong. Hopefully your just groggy and soon you will wake up and become the glorious Guzzle I came to know and love.

Dear Mr. Fan,

I understand your concern. The glorious guzzle you know and love is thinking of hanging up his hat and returning to his his less raw funky self. During this time of contemplation I've wandered about the real world being "emo as fuck" and realizing that this anger thing only works in small bits. Real world concerns like bills, possible children, finishing getting my degree, and the lack of a real vacation got me a little spaced.

But please don't think it is all over. I just made a backroom deal to grab and extra medium soulstrut t-shirt off a certain soulstrut moderator. The energy within that shirt may just be the kick I need to get me going.

Thank you for your concern and god bless

-Guzzo

• White Power.

Armpit of the South

For the unintiated, it's from a Dave Chapelle skit.