TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DORJimsterdiscos_alma

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

Club docs and physios are focused solely on the well-being of the players
    Me old mucker Sylvan Richardson is, IIRC, the LFC masseur.
    Before that he was looking after Sir Chris Hoy and dem.
    Before that he was playing fusion on six-string bass and drums for a while.
    Before that he was in Simply Red.  I think he gets royalties off of "Holding Back The Years".
    He's a f*cking amazing musician and gave me a thumbs up once while I was playing.
    This is why I can sleep at night.

Goal of the season:  https://streamable.com/zrje

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ok panic mode time

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    pcmr said:
    ok panic mode time
    No No. This is great...
    Duderonomydiscos_alma

Holy shit, Cech must be sooooo fucking pleased he left Chelsea when he did! I'd like to say Mourinho is this season's Moyes, but he isn't as comical to look at. Just a bit sad.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

ppadilha said:
    France has always been underestimated in the scandal department. You guys remember when Domenech refused to take Giuly to the World Cup and the rumors were that the tiny winger had hit on Domenech's wife at the training camp?
    Domeneche was a clown and a fraud. That generation of French players should've won more.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    He's always been somewhat enigmatic on and off the pitch. Is he French, is he Italian?  Is he loyal or an opportunist? I don't think he's ever been sold as a player, always runs his contract down & IIRC he doesn't have an agent either so he pockets all the signing fee. Doesn't surprise me that he's done something like this. Although we'll have to see if what he claims comes to fruition. 

He was part of one of my favourite Arsenal midfields of the last decade. Him and Cesc took CL holders Milan apart at the San Siro (the first English team to ever do so). And Flamini bossed Kaka out of the game. He can be great, if he'd stayed at Arsenal I think his career wouldn't have faltered as much and he would be a lot more respected in the game. But that's just not the Flamini way.

ppadilha said:
    Could end up richer than the one ROBBIE FOWLER.

Not one Paris poast?

Even to highlight, as has been pointed out to me elsewhere, that a band called The Golden Eagles of Death Metal pulled in a sell-out crowd in 2015?

Pourquoi détestez-vous les français?

Also, witness account from one dude at the gig said he was the oldest person there.

He was 30.

I don't know what to say about the Paris attacks. It's fucked up that ISIS thinks killing civilians will change western government policy. They don't listen to the people. A friend of mine asked why they can't target politicians and CEOs of companies like Haliburton as they'd get a lot more support if they did 

But not even sure that they want peace or an end to Western influence in the middle East. I think that in their minds, they're going. All. The. Way.

Also it's been suggested that the England footy fans join in with La Marseillaise - do they know enough French to do that, or will they be furiously brushing up to avoid causing offence? Seems like a big ask and may have put the English in an impossible position. I like the tune though, and would hum.  

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Eagles of Death Metal though.
    Really?
    Any heat in the catalogue?

Also it's been suggested that the England footy fans join in with La Marseillaise - do they know enough French to do that, or will they be furiously brushing up to avoid causing offence? Seems like a big ask and may have put the English in an impossible position. I like the tune though, and would hum.  
    Corbyn would hum, deffo.

I think asking them to don berets, stripey tops and strings of onions would work far better.

I don't know what to say about the Paris attacks. It's fucked up that ISIS thinks killing civilians will change western government policy. They don't listen to the people. A friend of mine asked why they can't target politicians and CEOs of companies like Haliburton as they'd get a lot more support if they did 

But not even sure that they want peace or an end to Western influence in the middle East. I think that in their minds, they're going. All. The. Way.
    Maybe, thanks to Flamini and his snakeoil, we can give Saudi Aribia the V's, and leave the whole region to trade camels for Kalasnikovs.

Jimster said:
    Corbyn would hum, deffo.

I think asking them to don berets, stripey tops and strings of onions would work far better.

Looking for A Tribe Called Quest's Luck Of Lucien on youtube, and all of the uploads have omitted the opening bars of La Marseillaise (lifted from The Beatles - do they own the copyright?). However youtube has emblazoned the French flag onto it's logo to counter this anti-French sentiment.

David Luiz is a woeful pussy. Fuck that dude.

That bitch-move will go down well with the fans.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Apparently he has been woefully misquoted. What he actually said was, because he's suspended and can't play in Brazil's next game, he wasn't sure whether to stay with the national and support them or fly back to France to be with his girlfriend, friends, family etc who are in Paris. The shitrags then turn that into him not wanting to return. I mean, dude is Brazilian, it's not like he's safe from heavily armed crazy people back home. 

Cavani saying the same, doe.
    Not sure what the violence deal is Uruguay, but anyone that slimy looking can't be up to any good.  Bond-villain casting should his knees fail him.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Okem said:
    Apparently he has been woefully misquoted. What he actually said was, because he's suspended and can't play in Brazil's next game, he wasn't sure whether to stay with the national and support them or fly back to France to be with his girlfriend, friends, family etc who are in Paris. The shitrags then turn that into him not wanting to return. I mean, dude is Brazilian, it's not like he's safe from heavily armed crazy people back home. 

I'm sure there's a lot more people wishing David Luiz harm in Brazil than within the Islamic State

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Jimster said:
    Cavani saying the same, doe.

Has he doe? A teammate was "quoted" saying something along those lines but the papers are spinning to make a story already, so I wouldn't believe a word of it. 

If someone asks 'do you look forward to returning to the place that was just the scene of a gruesome slaughter of civilians by crazy people with automatic weapons' and you don't react with at least some trepidation, I'd doubt your honesty. It's just sad that the papers have to make this a story. 

They have to print something, sure.  Instead of printing anything useful.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/issue-1405/street-of-shame

NICK PARKER, chief foreign correspondent of the Sun, had shocking news on last Friday’s front page: “Security at Sharm el-Sheikh airport has been exposed as a shambles after guards let Brits jump queues for a £15 fee – without checking their luggage.” A pity he wasn’t allowed to write the story when he first discovered it, a full five months earlier.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I guess they do.

Eagles of Death Metal.

smfh

skel said:
    Eagles of Death Metal.

smfh
    X-Mas #1?

I do believe that is a distinct possibility