How old is too old for a kid to breastfeed?WTFNSFW

2»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    All things record-related:

Little John "I Love My Mommy"

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Still breastfeeding a 2.5 year old. Yes, he can talk. He's weaned down to twice a day, when I get home from work and right before bedtime.

I personally never planned to bf this long. First I never thought I would make it past 6 weeks (shit was hard from the get-go) then it got easier and it turned into 6 months, then a year, and here we are.

I think it's a personal decision between a mother and child. I wouldn't feel comfortable with "extreme breastfeeding", which I would consider longer than 5 years. But there's really no downside to extended breastfeeding provided both mother and child are happy with it. If one or the other is ready to stop, it's time to stop.

That said, no hell my wife felt like breastfeeding past 2 or so. She wanted her body back.

This is about where I am now. We're working on it.

I also like that the dad gets involved. In drinking, not feeding.

Now THAT, imho, is f*cked up. Breastfeeding and sex are on way opposite ends of the breast usage scale.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I don't think passed 4 is appropriate. "A friend of a friend" continued to breast fed her 5 year old kid while she was feeding her newborn and she would let the child fall asleep suckling at her. The child had to have most of her baby teeth pulled because they had rotted from the high amounts of natural sugar.

That's not the only reason i don't approve....as said above: old enough to ask, they're too old.

Breastmilk has antibacterial properties and may actually help prevent tooth decay:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/tooth-decay.html

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    This thread highlights the reason why i love the Strut.