Burger King stay classy

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
what? i don't get offended at much so i won't say that per se, but this i find to be weird on many levels for an ad for them. i did a double take when i saw it. i laughed and then got creeped outis that because i'm a chick or is this ad taking the innuendo into realms it should not?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    They changed the Quizno commercial so the oven no longer tells the dude to "put it inside me"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm not a fan of blatant innuendo....it's almost an oxymoron.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    They changed the Quizno commercial so the oven no longer tells the dude to "put it inside me"

Nothing could be as bad as those mutant hampsters they used in their adds a few years back.

• I'm not a fan of blatant innuendo....it's almost an oxymoron.

yeah, at some point it just stops being innuendo. this ad is pretty much at that point, all it needs political cartoon-style labeling. perhaps bk could just write "dick" on the sandwich.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I've still seen that ad but only late at night

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    wow. they just went for it on every level. I'll tell you, the only thing that really bugs me about it is the chick as a blow-up doll thing. It's not really offensive to me, but more of the same old-same old. Crude doesn't tend to bother me - even less so if it's clever - but the female as a non-active participant/mindless vessel is so yaaaaaawwwwwwwn and doesn't actually break any new ground.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Nothing could be as bad as those mutant hampsters they used in their adds a few years back.

Ha ha those were really fucked up.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    the chick as a blow-up doll thing
    Yeah, this ad is bankrupt and fucked on a few fronts, but the fact that she's not even looking at the sandwich takes it to an especially rotten place.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This was big on the feminist blogs a couple weeks back.

Maybe she should be looking up.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

You read feminist blogs?

You read feminist blogs?
    Hell yeah, for kicks. Know thy enemy. I Blame The Patriarchy is funny as fug.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    This reminds me of McDonald's "urban" marketing wizardry a few years ago which had a white kid saying "Double cheeseburger? I'D HIT IT!" in a banner ad

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    and just wait

theyre gonna get enuff complaints about this, and then a MALE version will magically turn up, as if BK was saying "crisis? what crisis?"

Another gem:

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Ok where is Carl's Junior?

So hungry for a burger right now.

And I just ate.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Is that Chelsea Clinton??

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Commercial with sexy woman eating burger for Carl's Jr is not the same, she's actually eating the burger not getting surprised-throated by it. The BK ad is not trying to be sensual, unlike the others.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Commercial with sexy woman eating burger for Carl's Jr is not the same, she's actually eating the burger not getting surprised-throated by it. The BK ad is not trying to be sensual, unlike the others.

Exactly.

still the same principle even though it is "less mature"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

"It's a fine line between stupid and clever."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

not to me. hot healthy women hanging out on their own and heartily enjoying food just isn't the same as Dick Sandwich Debbie.

even on the most base level (the other one), there's nothing appetizing about that BK ad. to echo my good man catalist's sentiment, I eat soy burgers and hate teriyaki, but you know I'm thinking about those burgers right now.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    someone post up Herms burger buns avatar for comparison purposes

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Dick Sandwich Debbie

Location up for grabs!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Is that Chelsea Clinton??