Leggings Yay or Nay?

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Ive been seein women sport some shimmery leggings since the spring. Disco PAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaants!!!!!

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    nay

• drumsdrums 83 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    From a style standpoint, no. From a purely libidinous standpoint, hell yes.

great a$$ but given that .05% of the popualtion has that body, they never look as good from the front and there is no actual outfit built around those skintight, man-made materials gold lame pants, it's still a strong nay in my books!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    American Apparel can eat a bowl of dickz.

I'm not mad at leggings in general, though...at all.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Women in NYC have decided in unison that leggings now qualify as pants.

I applaud their decision, and disagree that a slightly misshapen posterior makes this trend a bad thing.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Any look can be pulled off with style. But when something becomes trendy, you get a lot of girls tryin' shit that does not fit their personality or body type and, then, it seems like there's a pandemic of bad looks.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    and disagree that a slightly misshapen posterior makes this trend a bad thing.

I have seen quite a variety of shapes that appear even better wrapped in a pair of shimmery leggings.

I applaud their decision, and disagree that a slightly misshapen posterior makes this trend a bad thing.

It's not really the back view that I find off-putting, no matter the shape of the bottom lol.

They are definitely geared to the straight[/b] male eye.

edit - fixed!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I agree. And I appreciate their concern.

It's not really the back view that I find off-putting, no matter the shape of the bottom lol.

They are definitely geared to the male eye.

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    Eh, can't really fusk with some chicken-leg shit lookin' like Sting's keyboard player circa '88.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    it seems like there's a pandemic of bad looks.

swine leggs

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

My wife took this picture of these leggings that are painted to look like jeans in downtown El Paso.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts

reminds me of the 80s.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

My wife took this picture of these leggings that are painted to look like jeans in downtown El Paso.

Is the tag still on that shit? Regardless, the t-shirt/legging combo is truly next level.

Edit: I just realized you were standing behind a half mannequin.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Con nalgas, si.

Sin nalgas, no.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Is the tag still on that shit?

Yes, they were for sale and being shown on a sidewalk.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    on ladies that wear them well

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    give it a year and every shorty will be rockin some H&M/Dr.Jays knockoff versions.

I have yet to see then in the hood, but once they do, like Uggs, im gonna see some cheap fabric versions.

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts

On the wrong gurr (which is virtually everyone), that's one of the NAGLiest NAGLs since NAGL came to NAGLtown.

These are not the Shimmery down to the ankle length joints im talmbout.

Not the matte colored regular leggings.....

The Superhero Disco Pants

give it a year and every shorty will be rockin some H&M/Dr.Jays knockoff versions.

I have yet to see then in the hood, but once they do, like Uggs, im gonna see some cheap fabric versions.

Uggs were never a good look.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    and disagree that a slightly misshapen posterior makes this trend a bad thing.

I have seen quite a variety of shapes that appear even better wrapped in a pair of shimmery leggings.

yea just try not to imagine the shape, sans-legging.

great shoes, great purse, great legs. this actually demonstrates my other problem with them; take a perfectly good look, throw in a pair of leggings, and suddenly it looks a little on the cheap side*, you know? The fit and the material is just really hard to keep on the quality side of style.

*Disclaimer - I dress in jeans, hightops and a tshirt most days, so I am in no way trying to claim upper crust dressing. Speaking strictly as an observer.

great shoes, great purse, great legs. this actually demonstrates my other problem with them; take a perfectly good look, throw in a pair of leggings, and suddenly it looks a little on the cheap side*, you know? The fit and the material is just really hard to keep on the quality side of style.

The "Cheap" look is the GOAL!!!! Quasi-Sleazy!!!!!!!

ah!
    well then, nevermind!

Mother told me, yes, she told me I'd meet girls like you
    She also told me, "Stay away, you'll never know what you'll catch"
    Just the other day I heard a soldier falling off some Indonesian junk that's going round

Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird
    Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away

Father says, "Your mother's right, she's really up on things"
    "Before we married, Mommy served in the WACS in the Philippines"
    Now, I had heard the WACS recruited old maids for the war
    But mommy isn't one of those, I've known her all these years

Whatever happened to all this season's losers of the year?
    Ev'ry time I got to thinking, where'd they disappear?
    When I woke up, Mom and Dad are rolling on the couch
    Rolling numbers, rock and rolling, got my Kiss records out

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I am not mad at leggings. However, a lady have to be slightly tall and not too chunky to look good or else she ends up looking dumpy.
    I am used to my wife wearing these when she goes to yoga or ballet or the gym and she wears them occasionally in the field. Looks cute.