LADIES ON STAGE. MIX

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
I made this one over a year ago to start a series put out by Free News Projects in Philly.I started doing this Ladies On Stage mix project to have fun and just genre-bang a lot of female contributions into mixes. I say 'contributions' because there are things in there like moaning and such which are technically on a track by a male artist but as a woman I see it as, hey a girl got paid to moan on a track, so it's up for grabs in my opinion as a female contribution too. But mostly it's all ladies. All different ladies.There's some weird shit and then some very non raer there too mixed up, representing many genres too.The intro won't make much sense to you if you're not from Philly.There is also a dubbed out re-edit on this that I did of the Grace Jones track, "Feel Up".Hmm, what else oh yeah, the first track is an homage to the first mixtape I fell in love with.. a late 80's DJ Red Alert tape I had called We Can Do This; I tried to honor him by tic-tac'ing the track in a manner just as he did.Hope you like it.Abby LADIES ON STAGE 1 download all tracks with cover artor, listen to it here, this is the whole thing as one track:

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thankyou, d/ling now

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

There is also a dubbed out re-edit on this that I did of the Grace Jones track, "Feel Up".

This is very cool.

Also, what is the second song in the beginning of the mix?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    thank you.
    that song is called 'now i need you' by the Feminine Complex

ok i just got a pm from someone asking me to embed this mix because he couldn't DL'd all the tracks, so i will oblige- here is an embedded player with the mix as one track so you can stream it

• ageage 1,131 Posts

"Alright..FRESH!!!!!!!"
    Very nice A**y & thanks for sharing!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    27:38

The birds. The synths. The harmony.

Please please please tell me what it is!

27:38

The birds. The synths. The harmony.

Please please please tell me what it is!

Ahhhhhnd also what is the sad soul song at 1:00:51 ??? Please?

Ahhhhhnd also what is the sad soul song at 1:00:51 ??? Please?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    dope mix... cheers for posting...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    thanks! just downloaded and really feeling it so far!

• I was listening to this mix yesterday, and gave it a rewind straight after. Great stuff.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Ace mix. Just the sort of thing I was after right now. Anything else like this?

Ace mix. Just the sort of thing I was after right now. Anything else like this?

thanks for the love soulstrut, i should have another ladies.on.stage mix to share soon with you.

• nice mix! thanks for sharing

The intro won't make much sense to you if you're not from Philly.

I just figured out what this was from. That's ridiculous, I can't believe I didn't figure out what that familiar sound was at first. So awesome.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    great mix!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

The intro won't make much sense to you if you're not from Philly.

I just figured out what this was from. That's ridiculous, I can't believe I didn't figure out what that familiar sound was at first. So awesome.

Great Intro!

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    first off, nice mix, Abby

but i need a little hint on the song at around 59:24 (something about "i love my pony")

i don't want the answer because i prefer to look on my own

first off, nice mix, Abby

but i need a little hint on the song at around 59:24 (something about "i love my pony")

i don't want the answer because i prefer to look on my own

mmmm hmm mmm hmm... word, nice first post leftright!

you asked for a clue so here you go....

A...

+

+

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    aha! finally figured it out

thanks to you and your clever clues

a net + pea + cock

fun.

let's play again!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    LOL

Just wanna say this mix is still blowing my mind, I played it all last weekend. Love the buildups and breakdowns.