I'm Moving to Wildwood...

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
wifey's everywhere!!!

"...if Jersey is the armpit of the U.S., Wildwood is a louse clinging to one of its hairs."

Comments

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Oh summer time in the North East beaches... I grew up in Ocean City maryland... not quite as dirty and fucked up as Wildwood... but man it was crazy growing up in that shit. Im going back to visit in a week and I really hope I don't end up in jail... haha... boardwalk freaks!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wildwoods is fucked up, dude...

• I live right on the border by Point Pleasant Beach. Head a little further south to Seaside and it all goes to shit...

We get our share of bennies up here, but it's mostly bridge and tunnel money, i.e. pinkie rings and escalades. Most of the younger, drunker crowd can't afford to rent up this way, and some of the towns are cracking down on group rentals and noise.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shit, I just spent the week in Strathmere. Super chill, almost desolate. Really f*cking nice. Had a week in Cape May last year and took my wife up to Wildwoods. Now I had never been, having spent most of my shore dates in Margate with a little bit of OC as a teenager. I was really not prepared for Wildwood at all...

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    cosmo look...

although roxborough>wildwood

Philly Pete - Episode 1 from Philly Pete on Vimeo.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    My mom grew up in Philly, and we went to Wildwood for a week every summer for about 5 years when we were growing up. Mom and Uncle Doug had gone their growing up, so we just kept going.

I just saw it as a great place to play in the ocean, play skee-ball, and eat frozen custard.

Until I was 11...

That was when I saw the first hooker I'd ever seen. Wow.

As I said to my Dad, "Her shorts are SO short, Dad..."

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Margate...

When I used to go there every other summer, I never thought Wildwood as being a bad place. It couldn't of been worse than Atlantic City, which was a whole lot worse in the late 80's/early 90's than it is now.

Didn't realize how messed up it was until a few years ago. I'll rather go to Dorney Park or Six Flags instead of Wildwood any day.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yo Pete just killed that dead. f*cking awesome.

• Wow..who is this Philly Pete dude???

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Wow..who is this Philly Pete dude???

Seriously! -does a Philly accent justice for real, that is a hard accent to do unless you really know how. This is hilarious.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Long Beach Island Bitches! Wildwood is a trip. Haven't been there in years.

Wow..who is this Philly Pete dude???

that is my brother.

• Wow..that dude is a trip!

• That accent fucked me up...i've never heard one like that before. I couldn't tell (and still can't) if it was real or not.

^

yep he's definitely a character.

the philly accent is crazy sounding it's true. i mean i grew up around it but it still amazes me. there have been studies about its origins because it's so specific and different.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Yo Pete just killed that dead. f*cking awesome.

That shit had me rolling. He didn't say tryin though. As in 'you tryin to grab a beer', I still get puzzled look when I say tryin outside of the philly area.

• Long Beach Island Bitches!

My ancestral homeland. Also, hating on Jersey is fukkkking corny. The state has as many good things to offer as bad and anyone who's from Los Angeles should observe the Glass Houses + Stones Theorem. Also gotta shout to my AYAK dudes who stay pulling jack moves in Wildwood, although I think I'll be skipping the annual 5th of July barbecue (trying to keep my license to practice law related).

• We did Ocean City, NJ every summer when I was a kid.
    F'n macaroons!

• Yo Pete just killed that dead. f*cking awesome.

That shit had me rolling. He didn't say tryin though. As in 'you tryin to grab a beer', I still get puzzled look when I say tryin outside of the philly area.

we say tryin in mpls too