Guru gets grumpy about gangstarr

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    unclesanchez: what a f*ckin muppet.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm still shaking my head at this bit:

"Boston has been a bit kind of funny you know. They don't want to give you that hero's welcome that I deserve."

I know, right? Dude has repped us so hard for so many years, and we turn the cold shoulder. I'm ashamed of this city.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    It's not a grammatical correction. Guru's not making a grammatical mistake. He's contriving the grammar to make things rhyme. It comes across contrived. Doye.

Wow. If that's an issue for you, you might want to not listen to hip-hop.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    oh man.

SOULSTRUT!!!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I just found out that while Iron Maiden used perfect grammar, they never fought a dragon. Totally contrived AKA Bad Art.

PS unclesanchez you got a location what has the word "bang-osity" in it who the F wrote that garbation LOL

Unclesanchez in the Prop 1A thread:

Having a face in a community makes me want to be responsible to my face.

CHECK YOUR FACE.

B/W "makes me want to be responsible to my face" how did i miss this gem?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

CHECK YOUR FACE.

make sure to prepare a speech bubble with "eat a dick," in the font of your choice

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Not feelin elbows

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    basically.

I suppose you're poring over the yellow pages looking for dudes actually named "Money?"

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is straight comedy.

Is unclesanchez in the post a picture thread? Time to put that thing to use...

This is straight comedy.

Is unclesanchez in the post a picture thread? Time to put that thing to use...

in that I think posting a photo will help people check themselves a little better

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    oh man.

SOULSTRUT!!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    People happy the MJ news came through:
    Sanford
    Ahmadinejad
    unclesanchez

ha!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

that real schitt?

that real schitt?

you tell me... i don't know

I know I don't like it

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I know I don't like it

Yeah, for all Guru's talk about Solar being a genius he basically just threw on a Cerrone record for Guru to rhyme over. Not only is that a horrible example of clever production, it's also a horrible match for Guru musically. I like Supernature, but that's a poor choice for Guru.

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    hold on, seriously, is he wearing a lady gaga (!?) t-shirt in that pic at the bottom?

• tecatetecate 73 Posts

I know I don't like it

all i know is that schitt don't sound nuthin' like Gangstarr, that's for sure... i guess that's what Guru and his boy wanted though. after a few listens i actually do like it more than i did when i first heard it, cuz the first impression was

good luck to them

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i don't understand guru's attitude towards primo. if gangstarr was putting out a new record, i would copp, no questions.

• It's not a grammatical correction. Guru's not making a grammatical mistake. He's contriving the grammar to make things rhyme. It comes across rather brilliant and economical[/b]

i ride for any mc who will steer the rap game away from stereotypes and closer to art.
    gang starr was always on some other sh*t.

i don't understand guru's attitude towards primo.

i don't know but i would guess it has something to do with the dj / producer getting way more credit for the group's success than the rapper. i think cl smooth had a major problem with this as well. i don't think magoo cared so much.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    one thing that didnt sit right w/ me was what i considered as guru's disregard for where he came from Boston esp w/ his constant NY this Brooklyn that must be my age because i can distinctly remember that NY bias bs and to me that shit was wack

Well I'd be interested to hear it from some Boston heads, I mean Guru has always mentioned being from there but obviously spent a lot more time bigging up Brooklyn. Does the LBE (Local Boston Experience!) feel like he deserves a "hero's welcome"?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    why does premier get a brooklyn pass, being from texas, but guru dosen't?