Your Favorite Rock Album(s)

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited August 2005 in Music Talk
these are the first that come to my mind..

what gets you rockin?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my homies...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

DUDE.
    Definition of SLEPT ON AND UNAPPRECIATED.
    Good call.

I've loved that record since it came out (no kyuss latepass). Funny that it was first released by Def American in 1989 and then reissued by Delicious Vinyl in 1990.

Never heard the record they did when Ginger Baker joined, though.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"Body, body, body, body..!"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

• Never heard the record they did when Ginger Baker joined, though.

Great album, IMO. Not perfect, but good and rawking. Too bad Baker only was around for this album. Didn't he get deported by the US due to some 60's drug charge?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Since I am on record as not liking rock, I will list a top five based on what comes to me at this moment:
    Jeff Beck Truth
    Little Feat Sailing Shoes
    Little Feat Dixie Chicken
    Van Morrison Astral Weeks (the Moondance one, whatever the title)
    Jimi Hendrix Greatest Hits (I'm not saying his best record, but I've been listening to it lately, and I listened to it in 9th grade art class a lot.)

Like me these are old and bluesy.

Dan

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    On a more modern tip-

Dismemberment Plan "Emergency & I"

Quirky late 90's rock

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

]

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Never heard the record they did when Ginger Baker joined, though.

Great album, IMO. Not perfect, but good and rawking. Too bad Baker only was around for this album. Didn't he get deported by the US due to some 60's drug charge?

This album was a huge disappoinment for me. Cant really tell why tho, because its to long ago that I listened to it. I only remember that I didnt like it at all.

Funny that it was first released by Def American in 1989 and then reissued by Delicious Vinyl in 1990.

Yeah, thats true. Even with a different sleeve.

• This shit is impossible. Here goes a few though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

hell yea!

• This one plus pot got me through my teens. I listen to it again nowadays and it's still good. I know it sold beyond believe but I know nobody who likes it. I can't share it. Smoking pot has become a solitary thing too.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

This one plus pot got me through my teens. I listen to it again nowadays and it's still good. I know it sold beyond believe but I know nobody who likes it. I can't share it. Smoking pot has become a solitary thing too.

The German pressing sounds great. Hunt that one down.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    My faves.

Best ever:

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    How about albums with rocks, or stone slabs, or whatever?

• How about albums with rocks, or stone slabs, or whatever?

Nice one John!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• Cosign on the Clash.

I'd agree with Rage against the Machine and Nirvana, but I just can't stand either of those albums anymore. I listened the hell out of them back in the day. Big fan of both, but there is such a small chance that I would actually listen to either of those albums all the way through at this point in time.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

If anyone ever doubts that DEVO is rock and roll, play this for 'em.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

co-sign on minutemen, slits, stooges, scratch acid and the who picks

and i can't pick just one from any of these: sabbath, pretty things, jesus lizard and sonic youth.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Classic Rock[/b]

I recently emerged from my anti-Led Zeppelin phase. I used to listen to this album on the home stereo with my dad all the time. This is probably both of our favorite rock albums (and his favorite album). My introduction to Led Zeppelin came through Black Dog. My dad had an instant flashback to his earlier days and gave me some money and told me to go buy the album. I bought Lede Zeppelin II instead of IV, so this one wins.

Recorded in golden 1969, how can you go wrong? The first three songs, the two song suite of Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' (She's Just a Woman), and the Albini-like drums before Albini ever hit a recording studio.

32 used & new available from [color:red]$6.23[/color]

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Classic Rock[/b]

I recently emerged from my anti-Led Zeppelin phase. I used to listen to this album on the home stereo with my dad all the time. This is probably both of our favorite rock albums (and his favorite album). My introduction to Led Zeppelin came through Black Dog. My dad had an instant flashback to his earlier days and gave me some money and told me to go buy the album. I bought Lede Zeppelin II instead of IV, so this one wins.

Recorded in golden 1969, how can you go wrong? The first three songs, the two song suite of Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' (She's Just a Woman), and the Albini-like drums before Albini ever hit a recording studio.

32 used & new available from [color:red]$6.23[/color]

zepplin brought me and my father together, musically, as well. good shit.

• On a more modern tip-

Dismemberment Plan "Emergency & I"

Quirky late 90's rock
    chyeah, that shit is great. cosign.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    This is my modern rock favorite:

Seems strange that they toured with Nirvana. I would have committed murder...

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Yeah, that's one intense record.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    some more I couldnt leave out