last time you ate a CORNDOG ?

mateomateo 163 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
just finished my last one. chicken franks, none of this beef stuff. but before this, i cant remember.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    don't remember, but there used to be a time when they were as ubiqutous at fast-food stands as pizza puffs are now

these days i can count exactly TWO places that serve 'em, and one of them is only open during the summer

• I dig the veggie ones.

In college I had a room mate fresh of the farm who would eat the breakfast version daily. Blueberry pancake wrapped around a breakfast sausage.

• last friday. it was delicious. seconds after i opened this thread my boss and her best friend/co-boss sent me a text message to tell me they were eating corndogs at the rangers game.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN Said:

about 6 months ago.

peace, stein. . .

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Probably... 1979? With a grape soda, at the fair- and then I blew chunks on a tilt-a-whirl.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Not recently enough. I love a good corndog.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I had one a couple months ago...the next-day burps are a little much.

these dudes i know have a corndog rating system, for documenting how much fun they had snowboarding that day...

it's pretty fun:
    http://oneshotproduction.net/corndog/vid/CDDTeaserFinal.wmv

I don't really partake. I believe they're all corndogg'd out, too.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Seriously wtf is a corndog? Is it like a shit hotdog or what?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    man, I'm thinking like 3 years

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i want the korean corndog with fries encrusted on it. it's my destiny.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Seriously wtf is a corndog? Is it like a shit hotdog or what?

Hot dog on a stick, dipped in cornmeal batter and deep-fried. Usually just tossed in the fryer from frozen, which is just ok. Preferable is a place that hand-dips their corn dogs in freshly made batter, provided that they've mastered it. If they have not mastered it, this is not preferable, as the batter could be too thin or not sufficiently adherent to the dog.

There is a place that's mastered the hand-dipped corn dogs on Dempster in Evanston, IL, right next to Second Hand Tunes. At least they were hand-dipping corndogs last time I was there -- about 2 years ago. The place name has a pun with wiener for winner -- like Weiner and Still Champion or something like that.

Chicago is tops for hot dogs....corn dogs too.
    JRoot

PS Stay away from mini corn dogs (no stick). Those are sick.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I strongly recommend this movie for anyone into dark comedy.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Last year. What I want is a Waffle Dog, though.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I had a hotlink corndog for the first time a couple of months ago..it was "ight"! I think they had some non casing hotlink, cause I was trying to figure out how they got the batter to stick, anyways.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    What you know about: