RIP David Carradine

DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
David Carradine, the star of the 1970s television series ???Kung Fu??? and the title villain of the ???Kill Bill??? movies, has died in Thailand, The Associated Press reported. The United States Embassy in Bangkok told The A.P. that Mr. Carradine had been found dead in his hotel suite in Bangkok, where he was working on a movie. He was 72.Mr. Carradine was part of an acting family that included his father, John; his brother, Bruce, and half-brothers Keith and Robert; and his nieces Ever Carradine and Martha Plimpton.After a short run as the title character in the 1966 television adaptation of the Western ???Shane,??? he found fame in the 1972 series ???Kung Fu??? as Kwai Chang Caine, a wanderer raised by Shaolin monks to be a martial arts master. He enjoyed a career resurgence in recent years when he was cast by Quentin Tarantino in the action movies ???Kill Bill: Vol. 1″ and ???Vol. 2.???Updated | 10:58 a.m. Thai police have told BBC News that Mr. Carradine was found on Thursday morning by a hotel maid in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck.

Comments

• that's sad...his characters were always so calm and centred which i suppose makes news of his suicide even harder to grasp.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Sad sad stuff. My great uncle used to do bit parts on Kung Fu and always said nice stuff about him. RIP

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Oh, man...that is really sad. RIP, Caine.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I guess one of his people was saying that it was natural causes. At this point, however, I would believe what BBC news reports. If it was suicide, that's really a shame. RIP

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    real sad, he was such a calm dude, really enjoyed watching him on screen.
    RIP

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    originally the bbc report said he had a rope around his neck and genitals.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    RIP

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    RIP

• Options
    Just read about this. Wow...

R.I.P.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    something about this whole thing seems hella suspect.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    R.I.P.

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    originally the bbc report said he had a rope around his neck and genitals.

Erotic asphyxiation

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN Said:

i just have to say i really appreciate his role in KUNG FU. it's one of the few tv series that myself and my dad both like. i remember spending so much quality time with my dad watching that show. great memories. we have lost an irreplaceable talent.

rest in peace, stein.