Have you ever killed a chicken?

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
The folks across the street from my dad when I was growing up raised chickens. I used to hang with their grandson. His grand dad told us to kill one for diner. We chopped its head off but didn't tie the leg and it ran away headless into the woods. That shit blew my 11 year old mind.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I used to hang with their grandson.

Did he grow up to be him?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I used to hang with their grandson.

Did he grow up to be him?

I ran into him years later tending bar and I drank free all night. Next time I showed up I was informed he had been fired for serving minors.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    OH SNAP HE GOT SERVED!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    True...

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    ive never killed an animal like that but I have helped butcher a rabbit and a pig

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Yeah i did it for agriculture science class,along with the plucking and gutting etc.
    I remember at the end of the class they did a body count and some of the chickens
    were missing, di yutes dem had them packed away in their school bags.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I killed one in a voodoo shrine in Benin just by gently holding its chest to the ground and asking the deity to take its life. When instructed by the priest, I thought "oh well, I just have to press down on the poor thing until it suffocates" but he immeditaley forced my hand back up and instructed me to just gently hold the chicken while talking to the deity. After a while, the chicken just stopped breathing and put the side of its head flat to the ground.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I was paddling the Mekong a couple weeks back and we bought a duck in a local village and killed that for dinner. lots of blood when we slit the throat.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I can kill an 8-piece from Popeye's.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Everytime I do the 'Funky Chicken' the ladies tell me Im

A family friend used to run a farm where they bred the chickens for KFC, Ingham etc and yeah we used to go and pick a chook, wring its neck, gutted and grill. Fresh and tastiest chicken ever eaten, but seeing the bile/crap that comes out of its guts can be overwhelming (plus it reaks when you open them up)