NBA FINALS '09 BATCHES

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Three's in Laker colors were hot as hell.

• I think both players are unstoppable.

Jordan was no doubt better all around. In this day and age, just cuz you score 30 points a game you're comparable to any legendary player. Jordans defense and his ability to make sub par players great is what defines him. What defines Kobe IMO is him being the best offensive player ever. thats it though. Even Magic had different abilities (assists). So until KOBE can come up with some different qualities he will only be a great offensive player to me ala Iverson, Mcgrady

I think both players are unstoppable.

Jordan was no doubt better all around. In this day and age, just cuz you score 30 points a game you're comparable to any legendary player. Jordans defense and his ability to make sub par players great is what defines him. What defines Kobe IMO is him being the best offensive player ever. thats it though. Even Magic had different abilities (assists). So until KOBE can come up with some different qualities he will only be a great offensive player to me ala Iverson, Mcgrady

I think that's fair.

But would a dude that's just a scorer be able to take his team to the Finals two years in a row?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The first championship version of the Bulls with Grant at PF was the best defensive version. They had some amazing team defense, and were much better at it than the line-up named by Rock. I would think the Thomas/Dumars Detroit teams would also be able to beat the shit out of the current Lakers. You saw what Houston was able to do to them this year. Well add the fact that Detoit could actually score on you as well much more consistently than the Rockets, and you have a big headache for LA.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

DELETE

I think that's fair.

But would a dude that's just a scorer be able to take his team to the Finals two years in a row?
    No Kobe, no championship. But I also think, No Gasol, no championship. This is Lakers year to win it. But its obvious Kobe needed stellar players to win it this year. Same way Kevin Garnett needed stellar players. I'm not saying Jordan didn't have great players but you never heard of Jordan threatening to leave the team if front office didn't get him some help. A Laker team with Kobe and ok players = 2004-2005 Lakers. Kobe needs Gasol and vice/versa. Enuf talk. Game is on!

DELETE
    Y?

DELETE
    Y?

I think Kobe is defined by more than his offense. Since last year he has become a great facilitator. Dude is an above average defender(All-Defensive Team) and does way more than shoot.His game is WAY more well rounded than Iverson and T-Mac.

Until he surpasses Kareem All-Time Scoring im not seein him as the Best Offensive Player ever. That's crazy tawk.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Pau,Bynum & Odom on the bench with foul trouble and its still the 1st qtr.

The NBA..where amazing happens.

JJ Reddick?

This Yankees/Sox game is intense.

This Yankees/Sox game is intense.

haha

why is Jameer Nelson playing?

Orlando no fouls in the 4th.
    All I can do is laugh.

DELETE
    Y?

I think Kobe is defined by more than his offense. Since last year he has become a great facilitator. Dude is an above average defender(All-Defensive Team) and does way more than shoot.His game is WAY more well rounded than Iverson and T-Mac.

Until he surpasses Kareem All-Time Scoring im not seein him as the Best Offensive Player ever. That's crazy tawk.

Good Point

• why is Jameer Nelson playing?
    I said the same thing until he started running the offense.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Damn Howard that would have been a good time to hit a free throw.

why is Jameer Nelson playing?
    I said the same thing until he started running the offense.

True. But he fucked big time on that Fisher assignment.

Orland really REALLY wants to lose this game.

Orlando is so terrible they can't even handle this gift being given to them..this is pitiful.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    KB hard foul on Nelson's chin lulz

Orlando is so terrible they can't even handle this gift being given to them..this is pitiful.

I want Orlando to win but it's hard to root for this incompetence.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Gotta agree with you guys. As soon as it went to overtime I thought it was going to go down like the last OT game. The Magic needed to win in regulation.

There no one on The Magic that has been this far.

They need a vet to show them about poise.

I said it before. U dont go from the first round to winning the whole thang. Take yo lumps.

DEREK "BIG SHOT" FISHER.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one more baby....

DELETE
    Y?

Good Point

It's not crazy tawk at all.

DELETE
    Y?

Good Point

It's not crazy tawk at all.

I change my vote. Kobe cant play D, block, or pass. He's not well rounded at all.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Lakers win in OT, Sox rally in the 8th.

My kind of night!

ugh I still haven't gotten used to your Lakers/Sox mutual appreciation.

It's just not natural

That Sox finale in the rain was pretty sweet. DOWN GOES TEXERIA.