how large a factor is RARITY when it comes to...

2»

Comments

• Options
    SHow notice one (batch email)? I can't remember receiving a personal email from you. Hit me at [email]soufriere1@yahoo.com[/email], Dubs.

K.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I get a high off hearing a dope tune I've never heard before - it's what drives me.

really though. People act like all raer is eithe ultra good, or terrible crap that happens to be in demand. I think there are quite a few in demand titles that are great and the demand is caused by those that owuld love to have the album and give it a spin.

Take Lou Courtney for example the '74 LP goes for $40- $60. It is a a wonderful album, is it as good as a MArvin Gaye release you can grab for $3? yes. But it just didn't sell like Marvin back in the day. Now if you want to spin it back to back with "Let's Get It On" you gotta pay up for it.

and on the opposite end, yes collectors, not music lovers keep the prices high, reissues are where music lovers should stay, keep the OG's for those of us with obsessions

• Options
    I get a high off hearing a dope tune I've never heard before - it's what drives me.

and on the opposite end, yes collectors, not music lovers keep the prices high, reissues are where music lovers should stay, keep the OG's for those of us with obsessions

Can you elaborate on this?

K.

• Options
    [quote. People act like all raer is eithe ultra good, or terrible crap that happens to be in demand.
    please do not include me in this definition of people.

Thanks, K.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Can you elaborate on this?

K.

well collectors pay high prices for music, cause if it was just about the music you'd grab it in the cheapest form possible right?

only collectors would really care about having the OG. I'm sure you could ome up with little exceptions to the rules (Sound quality is different, different art work, etc.) but for the most part a collector drops $200 for a Skullsnaps OG.

Someone who just wants the music is gonna grab the reish or get an MP3.

Oh and K***n, best believe I think you are in it for the music and not the collectability.