your kid's 1st movie in the theatre?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
what was it? and old were they?

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    My kid isn't here yet but I remember my parents taking me to see Patton, The Godfather, MASH, Five Easy Pieces, Deliverance, the French Connection, Klute, Sleeper, Bananas, The Sting, Woodstock, Cabaret and Chinatown when I was 8-10 years old.
    May explain a lot actually...

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    We took Miles to see one of the Veggie Tales movies when he was four. Sean went to his first when he was just over two, and was actually pretty good about it.
    The first movie I remember at all was my folks taking me to see 'The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming' at the drive-in when I was four.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I took Ella to see "Wall*E" when she was 3 and she only lasted through half the movie, at best, before getting bored to tears.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    My kid isn't here yet but I remember my parents taking me to see Patton, The Godfather, MASH, Five Easy Pieces, Deliverance, the French Connection, Klute, Sleeper, Bananas, The Sting, Woodstock, Cabaret and Chinatown when I was 8-10 years old.
    May explain a lot actually...

For reals, I remember my parents taking me to the movie theaters to see Colors in the fifth grade. My introduction to the gang life...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I heard a lot of Kids were bored with Wall*E.

I ca't wait to take my son to the movies, but he's only 2. Maybe I should do an Imax type thing with animals?

• I saw E.T. for my first time.
    I don't raise the kids I made so who knows about them...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    E.T. was my first theatergoing experience.

Helen is 3.5, and hasn't had one yet (not counting the mom's day at the movies -- early afternoon Tuesday shows in Chicago -- in the first year of her life).

• my 3.5 yr old niece is into "wall*e." she didn't care for it when it first came out, but a few months later she said she wanted to watch it and has been watching it on the regular ever since.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I ca't wait to take my son to the movies, but he's only 2. Maybe I should do an Imax type thing with animals?

Sitting in a dark room with giant and loud images can freak some kids right out.
    I've seen it happen to first-time movie-goers.

I took my friend's kids to their first movie when they were five and three. I can't remember the title because it was a while ago and wasn't in English - they had someone reading the subtitles so it was like superdeluxe story-telling for them lol. They had no TV at home so we really didn't know how it was going to go over as far as them being entertained the whole time - but they were fine. There was a lot of standing and sitting and standing and sitting depending on how they were reacting to what was on screen. It was part of Sprockets - a kids' film festival here that I've gone with them a few times. The programmers are so on their sh*t - really great selection from all over the world and they take special care to program to age group; not only in content, etc. but duration.

My first film in the theatre was Bambi.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    My first movie theater experience was Star Wars. And it ruined my life.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Did you guys go on school trips to movies? We went to Jacob Two-Two and the Hooded Fang and Watership Down after we finished the books. The latter - I can hardly watch that as an adult without being terrified and emotionally scarred for days - whose idea was it to gear it to kids???????

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my first was one of the Pink Panther series at the drive in..but I was way young, one of those situations where they wanted to go to a movie and not get a sitter, so they just put me in my Pajamas and I fell asleep in the back seat.

My first movie theater movie was Jaws...kinda heavy for a 5 year old.