Arlen Spector...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
... WTF?!?

Comments

• LumpLump 30 Posts
    I will probably vote for him, again.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Apparently, Arlen knows which way the wind blows.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    LUMP> your avatar...wow

yeah...arlen is a true politician. for real though, he'll be less stressed out inside the dem party than in the republican party that seemed hellbent on driving him out anyway. dumbasses.

i'll prob vote against him in the primaries, but wouldnt be absolutely sickedned to my stomach to have to vote for him against a repub

ARLEN!!! DO IT!!!

• Holy shit, this could be huge.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dude was a Dem back in the day, switched over in the Reagan years. Just sayin.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This *is* huge.

His statement, while expressly noting that he wouldn't vote Dem every time, was a fairly strong rebuke of the Republican Party's current incarnation.

lets get some resolution up in minnesota while we're at it
    sheeesh

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Fili--what?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    he was gonna get smoked in the republican primary and if he ran as an independent he would lose because philly will always vote overwhelmingly for the democrat and the pa boondocks will forever vote for the most right wing candidate.

as others have said, this is purely political. good news is that between now and the primary, he will have no choice but to vote overwhelmingly dem if he hopes to have a shot in the primary.

bring on the healthcare bill

Toomey is such a piece of shit.

as others have said, this is purely political. good news is that between now and the primary, he will have no choice but to vote overwhelmingly dem if he hopes to have a shot in the primary.

great point casey.

oh shit, if we get universal healthcare in the next couple years, im def quitting my job and starting a bizness. i swear it.

• I honestly could care less if he's doing it out of principle or political strategy (and I'm sure it's a little bit of both), the only thing that matters is the Republicans will have basically no avenue for obstruction. Now the Democrats really have no excuses.

oh shit, if we get universal healthcare in the next couple years, im def quitting my job and starting a bizness. i swear it.

How many people keep jobs they hate just for the health care coverage? That's got to be great for productivity.

• Dude was a Dem back in the day, switched over in the Reagan years. Just sayin.

His own statement says that he became a Republican in the mid-1960s. I think he was first elected as Senator in 1980.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Now the Democrats really have no excuses.

Unfortunately, the remaining excuse is that too many of the Democrats in there right now are about as conservative as Arlen Spector.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Now the Democrats really have no excuses.

Unfortunately, the remaining excuse is that too many of the Democrats in there right now are about as conservative as Arlen Spector.

The pendulum swings both ways; without a healthy Republican party to keep them in check it will eventually end in corruption and garbage.

Single party political systems don't work.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Arlen Specter to join the Wu-Tang Clan
    This afternoon Arlen Specter (R-Pennsylvania) announced he is joining the Wu-Tang Clan, a prominent, loosely organized group of hardcore rappers that first formed in the early '90s.
    At a press conference with all 9 original members, including the RZA, GZA (pronounced "Rizza" and "Jizza") and Method Man, a visibly disoriented Specter read from a prepared statement:

"My life had got no better, same damn 'Lo sweater. Times is rough and tough like leather," said the senior senator of his 29-year membership with the GOP. "I figured out I went the wrong route. So I got with a sick tight clique and went all out."

After Spectar finished reading his statement, the members of the Wu took questions.

"We're just happy to have Mr. Specter on board," said Ghostface Killa, who because of the room's low-lying cloud of smoke was barely visible. "When he contacted my office this morning, what else could I tell him but 'Welcome Aboard!"

"It's hard to argue with 29 years of Senate experience," said the ghost of Ol' Dirty Bastard. "In this economy, even a multi-platinum, grammy-nominated super group needs as much help as possible."

The press conference ended ubruptly after Inspectah Deck lambasted the press corps for its overreporting of Somali pirates, Obama's new dog, and the Swine Flu "pandemic" in the middle of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/index.ph...ang_clan_042809