Listen all y'all it's a sabotage

Comments

• I gotta ask, was he shook by the Gathering Storm?

A veritable gay-nado....

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I generally try not to immediately jump on the over-the-top PC bandwagon that Soulstrut seems to embrace, but I will say the post was a bit over the top itself.

From your description it sounded more like you were playing the glory hole section of a public restroom.

Even if some guy asked you for your number, "I'm not into guys" should suffice. Particularly if all the gay guys are "taking over" a non-gay club intentionally.

Tonguing down your wife like you haven't seen her in weeks... probably unnecessary.

Your post sounded moreso like one of those "I'm really not familiar and really not comfortable with" (fill in the blank) _gay_guys_; kind of like those people who say things like "Man I stopped at the grocery store on the other side of town and there were all these black people shopping there and looking at me like I was shouldn't be there." (Probably your own mind reading more into things than are really there).

My own two cents, separate from a verbal PC beatdown that Soulstrut likes to dole out.

Of course I guess the club could've been invaded by 300 uber-aggressive gay guys (of which the club manager knew about in advance) but probably not.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I generally try not to immediately jump on the over-the-top PC bandwagon that Soulstrut seems to embrace, but I will say the post was a bit over the top itself.

how can calling out hatred be "over the top"? wtf

how can calling out hatred be "over the top"? wtf

It sounded more like someone who was uncomfortable through unfamiliarity. NAGL, yeah, but I don't get the impression he's out gay bashing on Saturday nights. What it sounded like is someone who is only familiar with gay guys through silly stereotypes (i.e. thinking he was getting "the look" from hundreds of gay guys). I doubt most gay guys get "the look" from hundreds of gay guys.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    No.

He is just a dude who has no business DJ-ing.
    And it's got nothing to do with PC either.
    If you can't handle yourself around people who aren't exactly like you then that's your problem and your loss. Analyze if you want but at the end of the day he just sounds ignorant and narrow minded.

If you can't handle yourself around people who aren't exactly like you then that's your problem and your loss. Analyze if you want but at the end of the day he just sounds ignorant and narrow minded.

I agree on both counts. His story was NAGL. But I think there should be a difference in handling someone who is obviously misguided (educate) versus if he had said "... so I bashed them in the face with a baseball bat" (prison).

In the long run, what do you think is more helpful? Ripping the guy a new one and sending him on his way, or pointing out his error and misconceived notions so perhaps he will know better the next time around?

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    ?
    No one said anything about him gay bashing on the regular, nor did they rip him a new one. He is an adult he can handle it. He was just being a pussy and trying to impress people with a story that was actually very unimpressive. It's not that complicated.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Homophobic, reggae enthusiast? Unheard of!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you all sound ghey

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

you should have played "It's Raining Men."[/b]

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Am I the only one who remembers a time when soulstrut tended to be openly homophobic?

When gay (or ghey) was the most popular descriptive?

Even had it's own greamlin.

Glad to see times have changed.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I still call tons of stuff gay. While hanging with gay people even!

Just not on soulstrut, because Gunky Fuzzo gets mad.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

One of those things I don't understand.

You use epitaphs, attach negative meaning to the word gay.

Then you attack someone for being uncomfortable having his ass grabbed.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Exactly. You don't understand.

You use epitaphs, attach negative meaning to the word gay.

Then you attack someone for being uncomfortable having his ass grabbed.

Plenty of words - and things, and people - have both positive and negative connotations.

When I get my ass grabbed by a guy I tell the guy, "sorry man I'm married."

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    [color:pink](page me) [/color]

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

You use epitaphs.

That's epithets.

Unless you're talking about graveyards or Bad Religion.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

When I get my ass grabbed by a guy I tell the guy, "sorry man I'm married."

That's not what you said to me, liarface!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You use epitaphs.

I've been schooled again.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I learn something new every day on the 'strut.
    Today I learned gays hate dub reggae.

except for that Buju banton track. Batty Boy. They seems to go wild for that one....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    No.

okay so gay dudes have the right to bumrush a club but the guy who normally plays at the club, who does the night and who had planned an event around his tastes and friends can't be upset that a bunch of dudes who have different lifestyle/taste/intention (not sexual, im talking about the community empowerment thing) are taking over HIS space?

Whether some of the comments are NAGL, un-PC or ignorant is besides the point. The issue here is that these dudes (over 200) took over a space that other people use and had ownership of at that point in time. And the fact that the gay dudes didnt dance to the reggae,isnt that racist/discriminating?

So you and 200 mates take over someone elses night, exersising your lifestyle choice, but not accomodating anyone elses choices? What if some of the regular patrons couldn't get into the club cus it was full of the gay crowd? What if 200 hip hop heads bumrushed a gay venue and brought some female strippers and proceeded to tear up the club doing what they do? Would that be acceptable?

Most of the gay dudes Ive known dont want to be known a 'gay male', but just another male who happens to be attracted to guys, sexuality should be a non issue but Takeover type events and miltant gay activists create an Us or Them situation IMO. Unless the club itself had refused entry to gay patrons in the past due to being gay, then I dont see any justification for invading someone elses space/night with your own personal politics.

I just think its double standard, and if ppl dont want to be judged by their sexual preferences they should stop compartmenting themselves and creating these demarcation of groups....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    No.

okay so gay dudes have the right to bumrush a club but the guy who normally plays at the club, who does the night and who had planned an event around his tastes and friends can't be upset that a bunch of dudes who have different lifestyle/taste/intention (not sexual, im talking about the community empowerment thing) are taking over HIS space?

Whether some of the comments are NAGL, un-PC or ignorant is besides the point. The issue here is that these dudes (over 200) took over a space that other people use and had ownership of at that point in time. And the fact that the gay dudes didnt dance to the reggae,isnt that racist/discriminating?

So you and 200 mates take over someone elses night, exersising your lifestyle choice, but not accomodating anyone elses choices? What if some of the regular patrons couldn't get into the club cus it was full of the gay crowd? What if 200 hip hop heads bumrushed a gay venue and brought some female strippers and proceeded to tear up the club doing what they do? Would that be acceptable?

Most of the gay dudes Ive known dont want to be known a 'gay male', but just another male who happens to be attracted to guys, sexuality should be a non issue but Takeover type events and miltant gay activists create an Us or Them situation IMO. Unless the club itself had refused entry to gay patrons in the past due to being gay, then I dont see any justification for invading someone elses space/night with your own personal politics.

I just think its double standard, and if ppl dont want to be judged by their sexual preferences they should stop compartmenting themselves and creating these demarcation of groups....
    oh man

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    No.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    No.

If I was a club owner and 500 people bumrushed my club and spent their money at my bar, I'd be happy as heck, 'specially if the regular DJ normally brings in a hundred!

It's not like they spraypainted rainbows everywhere and spilled lube all over the floor ('cause - GASP! - that's what "they" do!)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    And the fact that the gay dudes didnt dance to the reggae,isnt that racist/discriminating?

!!!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No.

Its a public space. If dudes want to "takeover" for 6 hours why not let them?

Why not play up to them? I dont think the "takeover" is some militant steez.

Ive been in situations where Becky and her Bachelorette Party come 50 deep and ask to hear their shit. Not just show up, but show up and accost me w/ thier requests.
    These dudes just showed up to party. I dont understand the hatt.
    If they were being offensive I would think the bouncers/management would handle that shit.
    I wouldnt interpret the "takeover" thang as some overt lifestyle flexin'.
    If dudes are being annoying then fusk em. But that doesnt seem like it was the case.
    If im deejaying an all female party I expect to get some "attention". And the same would be applyed if it was all gay cats. Imma make u love me w/ these turntables regardless of the flavor.

• Options

You use epitaphs.

That's epithets.

Unless you're talking about graveyards or Bad Religion.

b/w

• Options

Its a public space. If dudes want to "takeover" for 6 hours why not let them?

Why not play up to them? I dont think the "takeover" is some militant steez.

Where's Cosmo? Dude used to DJ a gay club night bitd.