how many ppl have recently thought about selling

13»

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    some of you dudes sound like you were never really all that into records in the first place

PRY THESE RAERS FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS MUTHAFUCKAZ!!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ^^ disappointed that when he got pistol whipped on his front porch at 2pm in the afternoon, all they took was a discman and dvd player ^^

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    "so baby...this is what it's come down to...I have to choose between my records and you...my soulmate...the love of my life..."

"I'll miss you, take care!"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I think about it fairly seriously at least once a year. Generally along the lines of "wow I could totally move to somewhere like Iowa and buy a house with the money" or whatever. I just haven't really figured out what I'd do after that.

"I could totally move to somewhere like Iowa and buy a house with the money" or whatever. I just haven't really figured out what I'd do after that.

Two words: BONER ROOM

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Between building a serious mid-western boner room and having a lawn to mow IT COULD BE DOABLE.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    We have a record room at my house (aka the Hen???s Den ??? I DID NOT name it that) and a record corner in the basement....and on the first floor where the stereo is. The place is definitely not overrun with records, but there is a very strong presence.

Not the question, I know, but I have been thinking more and more about selling off a good third of my records. The ones I haven???t listened to in years and probably will never have the time to. But there???s that fear of waking up one morning, really wanting to hear that record and it???s gone. But that sounds more of an excuse than a real possibility. Right? Right?

It feels kinda dumb to have all these records that never get played and it would be nice to get rid of the bulk. I am a stone cold fool though, I should have unloaded these before we moved! And oh yea, the money would be nice, too. It would feel good to put some cash down on the really high rent I???m paying for that record room (aka the mortgage).

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Not the question, I know, but I have been thinking more and more about selling off a good third of my records. The ones I haven???t listened to in years and probably will never have the time to. But there???s that fear of waking up one morning, really wanting to hear that record and it???s gone. But that sounds more of an excuse than a real possibility. Right? Right?

I think it is a real, true-to-life possibility. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, right here on this board: "Wow, that really is a good record! Man, was I pissed when I remembered that I sold it!"

There is a difference between "stuff you haven't listened to in years" and "stuff you don't want." Just because it's in your possession doesn't mean it has to be in top rotation every hour on the hour, just around when you need it.

I never understood it when people say they "don't have the time" to hear something. Either you're gonna listen to it or you're not, no in-between.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I never understood it when people say they "don't have the time" to hear something. Either you're gonna listen to it or you're not, no in-between.

If you have the no in-between/more-than-24 hours-in-a-day formula, please PM it to me.

I am not in my house during the week for anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a day and even if I listened to records every hour I was home for the rest of the time (and not asleep), I still would not have time to catch up on the shit I haven't pulled off the shelf for over three years.....not counting the new ones.

If I could bring a turntable to work, then maybe.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So anyways Cos when you gonna have me over to buy some records

I'm having a stoop sale this Sunday. Ask the homie DStill808 - he came by and copped a few pieces for $1 each. But I'm not letting loose the real heat though, that's all coming with me to Fort Greene!

But yeah, ultimately it comes down to my collection being in the 15,000 piece range, and I would rather have a few thousand ill pieces and be able to breathe and shit. Have a nice crib, be a civilized man and shit... I'm a completionist by nature, but now I can do that with digital files (and truth be told my digital collection is crazy right now.)

the real heat

I'll be the judge of that!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I don't mind selling off rare stuff, it's liberating, you need to remind yourself they are only records every couple of years. I sold off some really rare funk 45s recently and paid of all the debt for me and my wife setting up our delicatessen. I now have a business and no debt. I do miss the records but I don't regret selling them for one second. Getting the ones you really want back is fun, owning just makes you greedy and bitter if you hold on to long.

damn,thats really cool that you own a deli.
    yall sell dimebags? that would b some old school shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't mind selling off rare stuff, it's liberating, you need to remind yourself they are only records every couple of years. I sold off some really rare funk 45s recently and paid of all the debt for me and my wife setting up our delicatessen. I now have a business and no debt. I do miss the records but I don't regret selling them for one second. Getting the ones you really want back is fun, owning just makes you greedy and bitter if you hold on to long.

damn,thats really cool that you own a deli.
    yall sell dimebags? that would b some old school shit.

Yeah, owning a Deli is where it's at!

And Jonny, comparatively speaking I ain't got shit hahah... but at least it's my shit.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    im about to move into my house and i have no idea where the records are going to go.no real "record room" opportunity

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

If you have the no in-between/more-than-24 hours-in-a-day formula, please PM it to me.

I am not in my house during the week for anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a day and even if I listened to records every hour I was home for the rest of the time (and not asleep), I still would not have time to catch up on the shit I haven't pulled off the shelf for over three years.....not counting the new ones.

I have no "formula" per se, I just put 'em all in a to-be-played rotation pile and let each record wait their turn. Works for me, anyway.

AND I still go out and live my life!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Build one of them fuckers in your garden!
    But try to convince your lady that silver ball things are NAGL - and good luck with that.