Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
do you care?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    We're having a BBQ.

But that's regular schitt

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I haven't set foot in a record store in probably a year. Sad, but true.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    phills got bedrroom big daddy
    johnnys gonna eat some meat
    raj doesnt go to record stores

wheres that endless flight graemlin at?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    we're having a bbq, djs spin all day, performance by eyedea and abilities and local rap heros to help out customers. i'll be drinking vodka from a flask and making sure it goes smoovly. 15% discount store wide and 75% off clearance vinyl - and there are actual decent records in the clearance racks!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    whoa what store is this and can I ride a bike to it?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    phills got bedrroom big daddy

Best avatar EVAR.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    if i had money i would go to the record store
    http://r.fm/artist/simian-mobile-disco/

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    if i had money i would go to the record store
    http://r.fm/artist/simian-mobile-disco/

I cannot stand videos where the models mouth vocal samples...especially when it's tuff lyrics in a non-tuff voice...
    The subltety in that video would make even 14-year-old Me say, "yeah: got it. A little overboard on the theme though bro."
    That build-up sound, the whooshing techno strings one?--I hate that too...

there's no reason I should like any part of that.

BUT THAT HAS ME READY FOR THE WEEKEND AND THE FUTURE. BADD.
    GFJ 4 PREZIDENTE.
    RECORD STORE DAY UGGGHHHH

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    yay, record store day and day of freeloaders coming to in to grab the freebies and then bounce. We have already had a bazillion phonecalls asking "what the free records are" and if we are going to have that freebie My Morning Jacket record...we arent and the folks on the phone say "well can you get it? How come you arent going to have it?" Blah Blah Blah. Record store day is for sucks.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I hear there are alot of record store day only presses out, I know the local spot is getting quite a few... but most of it was from bands I don't know.

anyone know of anything cool that will be out?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    whoa what store is this and can I ride a bike to it?

2411 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis.... You can bike, but you won't make it in time!

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Major New Collectiions and Major Hook Ups to anybody that comes in Saturday. Free Beer After 3:00....

Happy Record Store Day!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Major New Collectiions and Major Hook Ups to anybody that comes in Saturday. Free Beer After 3:00....

Happy Record Store Day!

where?

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

Happy Record Store Day!

where?

At Groove Merchant genius, can't you see his avatar?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

At Groove Merchant genius, can't you see his avatar?

WHY I AUGHTTA!!!

(thanks!:embarassed:)

• We got some DJs and 33% all used product (20% off wall items, sorry) at Street Corner. Come on down and hang with the tourists (they only want Beatles records anyways). Tons of press on this thing.

The limited RSD vinyl is indie rocker and classic rock guy creamery. Sonic Youth/Beck split, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Killers, Springsteen, Tom Waits, Slayer, Decemberists, Pavement, etc. etc. Not much for my taste but at least my girl can rest easy that she gets the Flight Of The Conchords 7".

Peace,
    MCF

People are freaking out running store to store trying to find these limited edition records.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Yeah, we got about 30 calls about the Springsteen goodie (don't have it, thank god) and there was a small crowd hanging out front when we opened, mostly people I've never seen before. Live Pavement, Sonic Youth split 7's, and Jesus Lizard 7" pak were the fastest sellers for us.

Didn't know Arthur Russell had a country/folk phase.

Thanks to Daptone for the Sharon Jones freebie, nice to have a quality item to give out.

Thanks to Numero for the mention and freebie - ditto.

Did over a G in the first half hour and people were cool, so I'm digging Record Store Day.

Next year I'll try to gear up a little more for it. I didn't realize how much bigger it was going to be this year than last.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Cats really are going apeshit out there!

money quote, from Goatboy @ Waxidermy:

Isn't this really like NYE or St. Patrick's Day - I.E., a day for all the amateurs to come out?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Isn't this really like NYE or St. Patrick's Day - I.E., a day for all the amateurs to come out?

ha!

yeah im seeing folks I have never seen before.

Best question so far, "do you have records?"

most requested RSD item so far has been Mastodon shit..apparently they have an LP and tshirt exclusive

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Perfect. Yes.

Grabbed a mint Disco Fox while the crust talked about butcher covers turning up in Phoenix (it was a test market don't cha know?).

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Just hit my favorite local spot and brought home a killer faux green aligator double side by side 45 box. Sexy as helllll.

Damn it! I wish those Sharon Jones 45s made it down to Houston!

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Just got back from my local shop. It was packed. They had a signing for some band and an alligator you could take a pic with. Bought a few 12. They had 20% if you donated canned food. Had soem free 7inchs, none that caught my eye. Grabbed the Light in the Attic zine. The shop was a madhouse, they are def making a killing today.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    If anyone has this record store day seven-inch release:

GET AT ME ON THE PMS.

I have a need.
    JRoot