I dunno...The Non kills it.

Discuss.

h

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This is why I don't post my music on this site

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Your flow is actually pretty tight. The beat has grown on me after a couple plays. I think I dig the Non's beat a little more, but both are pretty good.

h

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts

Quit cha yakkin' Take it like a man. No beef, no ayo.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

it's all about ">" this week

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Non- I like that raw, funky stuff but can't make out the lyric's too well. JP's raps were alot better imo.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Computer recording of that is awful, but I won't make excuses.
    T.N.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    T.N.

I know its lo-fi, but that beat is fresh!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Flow is pretty nice.

Beat is dope. But HAS[/b] to lose those general midi orchestra hits!!!

general midi = not a good look

Other than that though... I'm feeling this. Like mentioned, vocals could be recorded better, but that's whatever...

EDIT : Sorry... I didn't mention I was talking about the Johnny Paycheck track. I'm not really feelin the other one. Partially the recording, partially that the rhymin is kinda sloppy.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

don't even trip dude

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    T.N.

i had a hard time making out the vocals at some points. but i thought it was pretty raw. and fits the non who is THE NON... bedroom/basement sounds. ain't no basement down souf.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Not bad on both counts. I think both their rhyming styles were kinda vintage, like early 90s style, but especially JP's. JP's tone/timing/etc. were all good, thought TN's could use some tweaking but it wasn't bad or anything. The beats were straight but JP's could probably do with a re-working, it just reminded me too much of your standard local crew keyboard beat. With his voice he would sound better on a different beat... and maybe change the style a little. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's somebody early-90s that sounds exactly like that.

Oh, and I want JP to pull a Ja Rule and "SING" the hook "for real".

Constructive criticism but both were decent outings. I wouldn't mind hearing more.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

don't even trip dude

No, seriously. I didn't post it as a hot or not thing. The song's done, over two years old. It is what it is. It's not like I'm asking for pointers... Everything in that song (even the new jack swing hits) was done on "purpose"...

I don't make typical "soulstrut hop" beats which is why I don't post my music on here. I wish HAZ would have asked me before throwing it up in its own thread. Weak.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

don't even trip dude

No, seriously. I didn't post it as a hot or not thing. The song's done, over two years old. It is what it is. It's not like I'm asking for pointers... Everything in that song (even the new jack swing hits) was done on "purpose"...

I don't make typical "soulstrut hop" beats which is why I don't post my music on here. I wish HAZ would have asked me before throwing it up in its own thread. Weak.

Sorry, Jp. I should have asked. It didn't occur to me. I just thought both songs were cool & didn't want to see them buried in the other thread. If you like, I'll ask to have the thread deleted. I know I'd like to hear more music from both you & the Non. The Non actually PMed me another track.

It would be interesting to hear music from Strutters who are actively making music, like whole songs w/ mc's & not just a beat that runs for 45 seconds. "Don't be shy, people"

Peace

h

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Jonny, you need to take a queue from bsides. Beat is HOT. Recording is DOPE. Studio time well spent.

real heads know the deal.
    soul purpose what.

chuuh.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I wouldn't mind hearing more.

www.thewaxcrusade.com/whyicame.mp3

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts

don't even trip dude

Johnny, If you want I can give you some pointers on how to make RAP BEAT and also to RAP and sometimes SING. There's no shame in asking for help. And also, I really don't charge that much. Its an hourly rate, but it is affordable. PM me for details. First I need to make sure that you have the entire Sandy Nelson discography though. Keep it hip hop.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

don't even trip dude

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    HOT OR NOT?!?!?!?!?!?!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

chuuh.

dizzy makes a SIK rap beat

RAP RAP RAP RAP
    RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP
    RAP BEAT!

RAP RAP RAP RAP
    RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP
    RAP BEAT!