I went to a Teabag Party yesterday

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Do you think we can just ignore them and they'll go away?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe they'll hurry up and "go Galt" like they keep threatening.* But for the moment, they present a target-rich environment as far as comedy goes.

*My all-time favorite statement about Ayn Rand's stupid bullshit:

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I love how they're all fired up on the "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!" tip. Nah, you're represented. Just not enough to win a majority in Congress. So shut the f*ck up, loser.

b/w

Not only did they bite Boston's style, they're doing it completely wrong. I take offense.

Didn't those chicken shits dress up like Native Americans? How ballsy.

Yeah, that was a little non-PC. They were pretty drunk at the time, though.

What was the point? So the Brits would blame the Native Americans?

I think it was so that nobody would recognize them.

Pretty much. I wasn't kidding about them being tanked either. The Sons of Liberty held al of their early meetings at the Green Dragon (a local bar), and were pretty much f*cking wasted when they decided to head down to the docks and dump a bunch of tea into the harbor.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Probably the funniest thing I have ever read on this site!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe they'll hurry up and "go Galt" like they keep threatening.* But for the moment, they present a target-rich environment as far as comedy goes.

*My all-time favorite statement about Ayn Rand's stupid bullshit:

BUT THE PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR ANSWERS!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ayn Rand is a bitter old woman whose pedantic bullshit makes me want to bang my head against the corner of table until I pass out.

• "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

This is tremendous. I just read this aloud at work.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Since Rockadelic isn't around, I'll go ahead and post for him:

"How is this any worse that the unfocused crustpunk anti War rallies?"

I was just thinking the other day that if I needed a spokesperson I'd ask you to do the job.

Truth is I pay my taxes and have no problem with it.

It's all these whiners who want the government to give them everything from Health Care to Mortgage "Assistance" and then brag about being paid "off the books" or that they have accountants that keep them from paying any taxes that piss me off.

I have no interest in Tea Parties.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You're right, this is just embarrassing. What are they accomplishing other than proving that they're ignorant and uneducated?

They should all move to Texas and have it secede.

You're right, this is just embarrassing. What are they accomplishing other than proving that they're ignorant and uneducated?

They should all move to Texas and have it secede.

Uh Huh

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The tea companies must be loving this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would miss some of that good Lockhart BBQ though...

• The tea companies must be loving this.

As Jon Stewart said last night, "Wait... to protest wasteful spending, you filled a moving van with 1,000,000 teabags?"

Dude....once we secede you won't believe how high the tax for shipping Bar-B-Q out of the state is gonna be!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Dude....once we secede you won't believe how high the tax for shipping Bar-B-Q out of the state is gonna be!!

And don't tell me I gotta settle for that North Carolina stuff...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    And several of the Teabag Parties got shut down because they did not have permits.

Some guy threw a box of tea bags over the White House fence and Secret Service had treat it like a bomb.

• And several of the Teabag Parties got shut down because they did not have permits.

Some guy threw a box of tea bags over the White House fence and Secret Service had treat it like a bomb.
    They should make that dude go pick it up and donate it to a homeless shelter. What a wasteful piece of shit.

• I love the Fox News coverage. This shit is pitiful. A handful of right wing bizarros, racists, anti-tax fanatics, right to lifers, secessionists, closed border types, get together to expose their ignorance to the world and Fox is acting like Uncle Sam just woke up with a bad case of morning wood.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I love the Fox News coverage. This shit is pitiful. A handful of right wing bizarros, racists, anti-tax fanatics, right to lifers, secessionists, closed border types, get together to expose their ignorance to the world and Fox is acting like Uncle Sam just woke up with a bad case of morning wood.

WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM???

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    In other news, I just bought 10,000 shares of Celestial Seasonings.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Ha, that was a funny pic.

If people have something constructive to say, I have no problem with them doing it. But the pics on the Huffington Post were of people being ridiculously overdramatic. I didn't like the Bush years at all but I wasn't walking around with tea and signs takling about "BUSH STOLE MY FUTURE" "BUSH ATE MY GRANDCHILDREN" "BUSH IS SPENDING MY CHILDREN'S PIGGY BANK MONEY TO BLOW UP IMPOVERISHED ARABS FOR NO REASON".

No, I just called him a douchebag and left it at that. That's the way it should be; it's what makes America great.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I did a fundraiser gig for those people in DC back in 2004. Billionaires for Bush. They were the biggest bunch of assholes I have ever worked with. I did not feel like they were faking their sense of entitlement all.

• getting mad at irresponsible anti-cyclical policy>pledging solidarity with a terrorist organization which has genocidal aspirations tbh

• "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

This is tremendous. I just read this aloud at work.

u kids must be dumb in the brain. The setup is older than god

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

And don't tell me I gotta settle for that North Carolina stuff...

The Memphis stuff (the best) will still be available for all Americans!

• I highly doubt that there are more than a couple of cats on this board that actually ever read Atlas Shrugged.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    we're all getting teabagged.